Thread: Vermin Supreme sues city of Concord NH for banning ponies at Clinton protest

Exclamation Vermin Supreme sues city of Concord NH for banning ponies at Clinton protest

Vermin Supreme sues Concord to have pony protest

http://www.concordmonitor.com/Vermin...gning-14105729

By CAITLIN ANDREWS
    Monitor staff
    Saturday, December 02, 2017

The country’s favorite pony-loving politician is suing the city of Concord in federal court, saying the city did not allow him to bring two equines to his protest of Hillary Clinton’s Tuesday book signing, which violates the First Amendment.

According to the complaint written by Vermin Supreme’s attorney Marc Randazza, of Randazza Legal Group, PLLC, out of Las Vegas, Nev., Supreme is protesting the book signing because Clinton’s book “What Happened,” which focused on the former presidential candidate’s 2016 campaign, “engages in a direct attack on to Mr. Supreme’s long standing political platform … wherein he advocates for the socialized distribution of equine companions to every American.”

Supreme, of Massachusetts, who characterizes himself as a political activist, has run for various political offices, including the presidential office, in the United States since the 1980s. He is known for wearing a boot as a hat, and his platform has historically included mandatory toothbrushing and a pony for every American.

Most recently, Supreme ran as a Libertarian in the 2016 presidential general election.

Supreme’s protest would include having two ponies on the sidewalk outside Gibson’s Bookstore, where the book signing will take place, according to the complaint, which was filed Friday in the United States District Court of New Hampshire.

However, the city of Concord requires a permit to bring ponies to a protest, and Supreme alleges that the city has denied him said permit, “offering instead to issue a permit for the ponies on a different day in the same location.”

“Mr. Supreme’s message will be lost if he is not able to protest Hillary Clinton outside near the book signing,” the complaint reads.

According to the complaint, Supreme had one of his political organizers, Keith Yergeau, contact Concord on his behalf to find out what he would need to do to carry out his protest.

Yergeau was directed to Concord’s health and licensing officer Eugene Blake, who allegedly told him while there were no restrictions on having ponies outside of Gibson’s, the Concord Police Department had instructed him to deny the pony permit.

The passage of Clinton’s book Supreme takes issue with details a Facebook post that Clinton was sent by a supporter, according to the complaint. That post, originally written by a Helen Stickler, on March 10, 2016, reads as follows, according to New York Magazine:

“Bernie: ‘I think America should get a pony.’

Hillary: ‘How will you pay for the pony? Where will the pony come from? How will you get Congress to agree to the pony?’

Bernie: ‘Hillary thinks America doesn’t deserve a pony.’

Bernie Supporters: ‘Hillary hates ponies!’

Hillary: ‘Actually, I love ponies.’

Bernie Supporters: ‘She changed her position on ponies! #WhichHillary? #WitchHillary’

Headline: ‘Hillary Refuses to Give Every American a Pony’

Debate Moderator: ‘Hillary, how do you feel when people say you lie about ponies?’

US Uncut Headline: ‘Congressional Inquiry into Clinton’s Pony Lies.’

Twitter trending: #ponygate”

Supreme “and his supports, immediately understood this passage to be a direct comment on Mr. Supreme’s long standing platform, since giving every American a pony has long been associated with Mr. Supreme’s political platform,” according to the complaint.

Supreme also alleges that denying him the right to protest outside Gibson’s with ponies would rob him of a political opportunity, citing a “groundswell of support in New Hampshire” and the unlikeliness of Clinton holding another event in Concord anytime soon.

Supreme is asking that the court grant an injunction that would allow Supreme to carry out his protest, as well as reimbursement for his legal fees, as well as any damages that would be awarded during trial. He is requesting a jury trial.

Defendants in the case include the City of Concord, Concord police Chief Bradley Osgood, Blake and several miscellaneous Concord municipal employees.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pony bump

As a Great American Patriot I would never deny Vermin from bringing some horse$#@! to a clinton book signing .

VIDEO: Vermin Supreme’s Pony Protest Outside Hillary’s Book Signing in Concord
    by Ian | Dec 6, 2017 | Concord, Cool, Democrats, Laugh at the Aggressors, National, New Hampshire, News, Politics, Satire
    https://freekeene.com/2017/12/06/vid...ng-in-concord/

After filing a federal lawsuit against the city of Concord, NH for trying to oppress his free speech rights, the city agreed to a settlement and Vermin Supreme’s pony protest was a success!
    He and supporters gathered outside a bookstore in downtown Concord, NH with signs and a real, live pony to protest the evil Hillary Clinton who was inside doing a book signing.
    Here’s what happened.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xJgdqPyG4

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Who could possibly refuse one of those pigmy ponies... they're jus' so darn cute!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    VIDEO: Vermin Supreme’s Pony Protest Outside Hillary’s Book Signing in Concord
    by Ian | Dec 6, 2017 | Concord, Cool, Democrats, Laugh at the Aggressors, National, New Hampshire, News, Politics, Satire
    https://freekeene.com/2017/12/06/vid...ng-in-concord/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xJgdqPyG4

Lol @ the Hillary supporter complaining about them bringing out the pony in the rain
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol @ the Hillary supporter complaining about them bringing out the pony in the rain
    They were all idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if the lady whining that VS was invading her personal space tries to twist that encounter into a sexual harassment scandal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We really live in a whacked out world when the guy with the boot hat having a pony protest seems like the most sane guy in the crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Did he bring enough ponies for everyone?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Did he bring enough ponies for everyone?
    That comes when he gets elected POTUS. VERMIN SUPREME 2020!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Vermin Supreme fights for your right to pony
    By editor on December 7, 2017
    http://www.shirelibertynews.com/verm...ts-right-pony/

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017, a Very Important Person was coming to Concord, NH, and he wanted to bring some ponies. Vermin Supreme had to file a lawsuit against the City to exercise his First Amendment “Right to Pony” at a book signing of another former presidential candidate, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Supreme, a political activist who frequently runs for office, is known for wearing a boot as a hat, and his platform has historically–and hysterically–included a pony for every American and mandatory toothbrushing. The pony is satirical commentary of a political system that rewards candidates who promise free benefits without discussing cost or practicality. A pony was clearly crucial to the day’s planned protest.
    The weather played along for HRC’s visit: bleak, cold, gray, and wet. The queue outside Gibson’s Bookstore stretched for blocks on end, mostly women with hoodies pulled up or huddled under umbrellas. When I arrived, Vermin Supreme was working the line, reading excerpts from his upcoming book. Across the street, two parking spaces, TWO, were dedicated to the protest, one covered by a pop-up tent to keep protesters and the real pony dry. Three stuffed ponies had to brave the rain.

Protesters were a mixed bag. Free Staters like me, as well as Bernie supporters. On social media, someone criticized the “Health care is a human right” sign with this comment: “Ponies = awesome…. Why did someone have to ruin it with lies about having a right to the products of another’s labor?” I responded with: “I like that Vermin Supreme brings together people of different persuasions. When you’re pushing ponies, it ain’t no big thang if we don’t agree on how to solve politics…” Supreme chimed in with: “I run a big pony tent.”

Laughs aside, it is important to note that challenges to the status quo often create strange bedfellows. Since Vermin’s platform is performance art, I am less concerned in this case with being lumped with Bernie supporters, but for the record, I do not endorse actual ponies for everyone, Universal Healthcare, and believe everyone should decide for themselves how and when to brush their teeth (because under my system of personal responsibility, if you let your teeth rot, only YOU are responsible).

Watching the patiently waiting HRC sycophants, I wondered aloud, “Hillary must have writers’ cramp by now, signing all those books.”

“Maybe she has a stamp?”

“Maybe she has her people do it for her?”

“Then she only has to dot the ‘i’s.”

“And cross the ‘t’s.”

The truth is more mundane. A thousand tickets were pre-sold (at $30 a pop, way to go, Gibson’s!), and the books were pre-signed, although HRC did, apparently, customize a few.

It was a sight to behold, and the press of New Hampshire agreed. Most of the news coverage went to the protest (Union Leader; Concord Monitor; Nashua Telegraph; NH1). My favorite headline was the Monitor’s “Outside book signing, a dogged pony show.” Poor Ray Buckley, chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party, tweeted in response to the Union Leader’s Trent Spiner’s comment, “Did anyone foresee the day when Vermin Supreme and his pony got more A1 play in New Hampshire newspapers than Hillary Clinton?” that “Both newspapers should be embarrassed.”

No one should be embarrassed. All things told, it was a fun day out for all concerned. HRC’s peeps got to meet their lady-in-perpetual-waiting, merry pranksters got to support Vermin Supreme, and most importantly, the First Amendment prevailed.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.