Thread: Pelosi calls for second House Dem to step down amid harassment claims

Pelosi calls for second House Dem to step down amid harassment claims

© Greg Nash

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) called for Rep. Ruben Kihuen (D-Nev.) to resign late Friday amid sexual harassment allegations.
    Kihuen is the second House Democrat that Pelosi has called on to step down in as many days in the wake of such allegations, following Rep. John Conyers Jr. (Mich.).

“Across the nation, in every industry, brave women are coming forward to share stories of harassment that must be heard," Pelosi said in a statement after speaking with Kihuen on Friday night.“In Congress, no one should face sexual harassment in order to work in an office or in a campaign. The young woman’s documented account is convincing, and I commend her for the courage it took to come forward," she continued.
    “In light of these upsetting allegations, Congressman Kihuen should resign.”
    A representative for Kihuen didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
    A woman who previously worked as the finance director for Kihuen alleged that she was harassed by the Nevada Democrat while working on his 2016 campaign, BuzzFeed reported earlier Friday.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36...assment-claims
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gee, I wonder what Weiner thinks about these revelations? ...I bet he is shaking his heads in great relief. lolz
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Amid allegations of sexual harassment, embattled freshman Democratic Rep. Ruben Kihuen vowed he will not resign from his post, despite calls from Democratic leaders that he step aside.

Instead, Kihuen is digging in with a shocking allegation of his own, taking aim at the leaders of his own party. In an interview with ABC News, Kihuen, D-Nev., said party leaders knew last year about a former campaign staffer’s allegations of misconduct but stood by his campaign nonetheless. Kihuen questioned why they are calling for his resignation now, more than a year later.
    “I do find it interesting that the DCCC, Leader [Nancy] Pelosi and Chairman Ben Ray Lujan -- they knew about these allegations last year,” Kihuen said. “They looked into them. They didn't find anything, and they continued investing millions of dollars in my campaign. They went out there and campaigned for me.”

More at: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nevad...ry?id=51599790

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wow, does Nancy just want to hand-pick the House?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Wow, does Nancy just want to hand-pick the House?
    How else can she keep power?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment