Thread: If # sedans in a neighborhood greater than # pickups = an 88% chance precinct will vote Dem

If # sedans in a neighborhood greater than # pickups = an 88% chance precinct will vote Dem

Surveillance State: Stanford Researchers Use AI To Determine Neighborhood's Bias By Its Cars
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-political-bia

A team of researchers at Stanford University have trained artificial intelligence algorithms
    to observe and study millions of images on Google Street View to determine how people vote by the make of their car.
    The algorithms were trained to recognize the make, model, and year of every car produced since 1990,
    in more than 50 million Google Street View images across 200 American cities.

...found a “simple linear relationship” between cars, demographics and political persuasion.

...“Using easily obtainable visual data, we can learn so much about our communities,
    on par with some information that takes billions of dollars to obtain via census surveys.

there is an 88% chance that zippy drives a sedan.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 12-01-2017 at 01:35 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Surveillance State: Stanford Researchers Use AI To Determine Neighborhood's Bias By Its Cars
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-political-bia

A team of researchers at Stanford University have trained artificial intelligence algorithms
    to observe and study millions of images on Google Street View to determine how people vote by the make of their car.
    The algorithms were trained to recognize the make, model, and year of every car produced since 1990,
    in more than 50 million Google Street View images across 200 American cities.

...found a “simple linear relationship” between cars, demographics and political persuasion.

...“Using easily obtainable visual data, we can learn so much about our communities,
    on par with some information that takes billions of dollars to obtain via census surveys.

there is an 88% chance that zippy drives a sedan.
    Is Prius a sedan?

I guarantee that the algorithm would fail in S. Texas.

This does not seem like rocket science. I would imagine it to be sort of like culture related. Keep up with the Jones's. If all the neighbors have Mercedes people living in the area want a Mercedes. If all neighbors have no parking and take public transportation you take public transportation. If all neighbors have a boat or RV chances are you will aspire to own a boat and RV. People in certain areas are obviously more likely to vote one way than the other. I think that today and more so in the future, your opinion will not matter and you will be persecuted for sharing it, if it does not coincide with main stream opinion.

The all loving peace blabbering liberals that care so much for the less fortunate have turned into intolerant vile vermin that cannot tolerate anything other than what they have been propagandized to spew.

AF always says don't talk to cops. Now don't talk to women. Bottom line is in this day and age it is best to be mute.
    Last edited by Schifference; 12-01-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is Prius a sedan?
    More like a golf cart with windows

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Probably a democrat.

... and on the other side...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    ... and on the other side...
    It's a good thing we have a team of researchers to figure this out for us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AI? Stanford is calling THAT AI?

Whatever.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    AI? Stanford is calling THAT AI?

Whatever.
    Affirmative action reserchers.

Probably a democrat.

Ever get stuck behind one of these trying to go up a hill on a two lane twisty road? Talk about taking forever.

Affirmative action reserchers.
    Are you saying specifically that Stanford is not calling it AI?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Ever get stuck behind one of these trying to go up a hill on a two lane twisty road? Talk about taking forever.
    A wheelbarrow's faster.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Are you saying specifically that Stanford is not calling it AI?
    No, I'm saying the researchers from Stanford are. Thus the affirmative action reference.

No, I'm saying the researchers from Stanford are. Thus the affirmative action reference.

If in fact they went through the trouble to build an actual AI system for this purpose, then they are imbeciles because the same results could be obtained through proper statistical modeling. The biggest trick there is the data capture through pattern recognition, and you don't need AI to accomplish that task with great speed and efficiency. For pity's sake, if I'm not mistaken, you can buy very sophisticated pattern recognition packages off the shelf. For all I know there may even be open-source available now.

I suspect these donks are using "AI" as a grandstanding word. May they be consumed by antifa, the scurrilous bastards. If they knew what constituted real AI, I suspect they'd hold their forkèd tongues.

Perhaps a generous billionaire donated the AI to make the model, after they noticed Stanford r&d lacked the... intelligence.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lower tech surveys have also looked at type of car and party:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgep.../#43a33aab54cc

The poll is not overwhelmingly scientific. It does not look at preferences based on political affiliation or likelihood to vote. It simply asks who they would prefer for President and does show some very interesting results.

Political Leanings What are the political leanings of car (and truck) owners?

About 36% describe themselves as Independent with Ford (33%), Toyota (30%), Honda (24%), Chevrolet (20%) and Subaru (20%) the brands most likely to identify as Independent.

About 34% describe themselves as Republican with Ford (27%), Toyota (23%), Chevrolet (19%) the top three.

About 25% describe themselves as Democrat with Toyota (30%), Honda (23%) and Subaru (17%) the top three.

Libertarians account for about 5% of the sample with Toyota (35%), Ford (31%), Honda (23%), Chevrolet (23%) as their top four brands.

The most "Republican" brands are Lexus (45%), GMC (43%), Infiniti (39%), Jeep (36%), and Audi (36%).

The most "Democrat" brands are Tesla (37%), Fiat (35%), and Land Rover (32%)
    https://jalopnik.com/5898050/study-r...olitical-party

Marketing research company Strategic Vision recently completed a study that sought to identify what new vehicles found the most favor with Democrats and Republicans. After 38,000 responses the study revealed some rather interesting results.

The most popular vehicle of those who self identified as members of Republican Party was the not so conservative Ford Mustang Convertible, followed by the Audi A8, Mercedes GL, Ford Expedition and Ford F-150. In fact it seems convertibles are a big hit with members of the Grand Old Party, who were responsible for 69% of convertible sales recorded in the study.

Democratic results were a little more predictable with the Honda Civic Hybrid topping the list, closely followed by the Volvo C30, Nissan Leaf, Acura TSX Wagon, and Ford Fiesta Sedan. Perhaps even more predictably, according to Alexander Edwards who is the president of Strategic Vision, the majority of Civic Hybrid Owners who responded lived in San Francisco and NYC.

As the New York Times points out, the firm weighted certain responses which are likely responsible for the appearance of oddball cars like the TSX wagon and the Audi A8 on the two lists.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...ar-preferences

This map looked not at sales or ownership but mechanic serviced vehicles in the state.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-02-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    My neighborhood has pick ups for all
    Is that some sort of government program? Can I stop by and get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is that some sort of government program? Can I stop by and get one?
    I don't know zippy they don't allow anyone in our neighborhood unless they are a certified redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I don't know zippy they don't allow anyone in our neighborhood unless they are a certified redneck.
    I got a brother-in-law who is a Texan- does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    AF always says don't talk to cops. Now don't talk to women. Bottom line is in this day and age it is best to be mute.
    There are even terms for it: it is called "ghosting" or "going monk".