Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a racist a racist?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Alright Happy Clappy? Your ignored. Now shoo.
    Last edited by Lamp; 12-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    I'll pretend I didn't hear that.
    Believe it or not the whole world doesn't revolve around you.

I was not referring to you, being a simpleton is not one of your problems.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    no no shoo shoo. You've done enough.

I came across this article and it includes a handy chart but I'm still having trouble determining how racist I am. I guess it's part of the disease.

How America Spreads the Disease that is Racism by not Confronting Racist Family Members and Friends

Mental illnesses are health conditions involving changes in thinking, emotion or behavior (or a combination of these). Racism meets those criteria.

Like all illnesses, it needs to be treated in order for it to be cured. The problem, is that we do not see racism as a problem, because we do not see it for what it is — an infectious disease that has been an epidemic plaguing our nation.
    https://medium.com/@harterhealing/ho...s-effb68da7e97
    I wonder if Obamacare covers racism.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 12-03-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Can you be a racist if you don’t even consider them human? Eg. The Injun.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I came across this article and it includes a handy chart but I'm still having trouble determining how racist I am. I guess it's part of the disease.

How America Spreads the Disease that is Racism by not Confronting Racist Family Members and Friends

I wonder if Obamacare covers racism.
    Personally , I always enjoyed trolling all of my racist friends and co workers .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Personally , I always enjoyed trolling all of my racist friends and co workers .
    Is that reverse racism? I never really understood what that meant.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Is that reverse racism? I never really understood what that meant.
    Ya , none of it really makes sense . Reverse racism would be like affirmative action .

As a libertarian I think the much bigger problem is that it's ILLEGAL to be a racist. That's what we need to be worried about.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Each position is bankrupt in that they claim to account for it all. What rubbish.

Racists believe mankind is biologically deterministic
    False dichotomy. We are demonstrably deterministic in some respects. We are demonstrably non-deterministic in others. Furthermore, certain "deterministic" aspects of human behavior may be defeated. There are countless examples of this. Consider the sword swallower whose stock in trade requires the overcoming of the gag-reflex. Japanese soldiers in Europe fell from that NAZI-held joint they were assaulting in the dark of night silently in order that the attack would not be revealed. Men go knowingly to their deaths in order to save others. And so it goes.

and that their blood is genetically superior to others.
    Yeah well, stupid people are stupid, racist or not. Superiority predicates upon basis. One man's basis of judging may be worlds different from another's. Therefore, these unqualified statements are indicators in themselves of just how stupid people tend to be - racist or not.

To claim all men are equal is identically idiotic to that which claims inherent superiority of one race over the rest. I have also long wondered whether the concept of "race" is itself not the product of some idiocy. At the very least, the notion remains rather ill-defined, which flies in the face of scientific method.

Therefore, I find people on both sides of this non-issue to be lacking in smarts and integrity.

Systemically, racism conforms to a very convenient logical fallacy...
    As does the complementary position. Positive non-racists are equally in error, and a whole lot more pugnacious than their counterparts.

In our present time, the racist is merely somebody another group of people don't like.
    No. That is a misuse of "racist". The proper meaning of the word is someone who believes in the superiority of one race over another. Nowhere does it perforce follow that the "racist" believes that those of the inferior caste ought not enjoy the same rights of all other men. That it at times works out that way is no reflection upon the substance of the word's meaning and should not be taken as such. That people take things that way merely tells us that they are stupid, careless, corrupt, or some combination.

Perhaps his thoughtcrimes are repulsive, maybe he has no Latino friends, or maybe he wears a postman's mustache. In either case, the modern use of racist is an epithet for somebody who's offended us or might offend somebody. Its an empty word used to signal our own that the person we've libeled isn't one of us. Its a silly word like you would use to tell the missus why the neighbors are dumb and you're not going to the neighbors bbq.
    Here I must agree.

So, next time you watch a news clip or read an article, just replace racist with smelly and you've got the idea: another meaningless word used in derision when nothing substantive differentiates x's point of view from y's, but y must win an inconsequential argument at all costs -- even at the personal ruin of x.
    And there are a thousand other words for which this is true. One of the more recent victims of generalized stupidity is "awesome".

When I hear a youngin' using "awesome" as is now so common, I have to choke down the impulse to slap them into the next county. Ignorance, stupidity, and laziness are two things I do not abide.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12