Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Lauer Out at NBC. Guess why?

Matt Lauer Out at NBC. Guess why?

Link

Matt Lauer was terminated by NBC on Wednesday for what the network called “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.”
    The left. Eating their own. But Franken and Schumer survive another round.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-29-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow! I am actually sort of surprised he is still on the air. Errrr - was.

Good thing that NBC has the highly talented and much beloved Megyn Kelly waiting in the wings.

Secret clip of NBC headquarters just released:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Comcast stock up +3% today

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Good thing that NBC has the highly talented and much beloved Megyn Kelly waiting in the wings.
    Maybe it was Kelly that made the allegation. They said only one allegation was made. So I have to wonder if it will come out that the allegation was false, forcing the pendulum of public opinion to swing the other way.

NBC is operating almost in the black now they that they don't have to pay Matt $25 million.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    NBC is operating almost in the black now they that they don't have to pay Matt $25 million.
    Do they pay the bills at MSNBC? I happened to watch MSNBC for over 40 minutes yesterday, and there wasn't a single commercial break. Very effective propaganda that never gives viewers a reason to switch channels.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Link

The left. Eating their own. But Franken and Schumer survive another round.
    They still want to effect the Roy Moore vote. Trying to prove that mere accusations are grounds for firing.

We'll see if any of these people come back.

We could speculate on the fact that these are older white guys. Age (and payroll) discrimination?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't think he did anything wrong. I blame overly sensitive hysterical thottery here.

The statement said Lauer's actions clearly violated company policy.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Maybe it was Kelly that made the allegation. They said only one allegation was made. So I have to wonder if it will come out that the allegation was false, forcing the pendulum of public opinion to swing the other way.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesFischer View Post
    I don't think he did anything wrong. I blame overly sensitive hysterical thottery here.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesFischer View Post
    What did he do?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What did he do?
    He loudly passed gas in the presence of female co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Unless he was stupid enough to give them some undisputable proof or admitted his bad behavior, I'm pretty sure they will be paying him for his full contract.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Unless he was stupid enough to give them some undisputable proof or admitted his bad behavior, I'm pretty sure they will be paying him for his full contract.
    I do not know but one thing I do know they outright fired him rather than suspending him for the allegations. Probably a loop-hole that allows them to terminate contracts.

Another case just last year:

NBC terminates Mark Halperin’s contract over harassment claims
    https://nypost.com/2017/10/30/nbc-te...ssment-claims/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe we can get mods to put up a ticker instead of us starting a new thread every time a fresh kill happens.
    #NashvilleStrong

This leaves an interesting question of who will step into Lauer's seat. The make pool at NBC is rather shallow owing to Lauer's massive ego. Some are suggesting Megyn Kelly will move to 7:00. She, however, has proven weak in her current time slot. Ratings at Today are in freefall and have been for some time. CBS is tainted as well. They have no heir-apparent.

George Stephanopolis over at ABC would likely not take the job, even though he is the weakest personality on their team. Sitting next to amazon Robin Roberts, the very tall Lara Spencer, and Michael Strahan, he is a puny, admittedly corrupt presence there. Strahan's contract is fairly new, and I think he likes his job.

It will be interesting to see what NBC does next.
    #NashvilleStrong

Danke should get that slot . Ratings would go up .

Maybe they'll give it to an AI.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...D=ansmsnnews11

Where we learn more than we really wanted to know about Matt Lauer, summarized as:

• gave a female employee a dildo in a box as well as note about how he wanted to use it on her
    • summoned a different female employee to his office, dropped his pants and whipped out his cock and told her to blow him
    • quizzed female hosts about who they've $#@!ed
    • played marry $#@! kill in the office naming female co-hosts
    • told a female employee her job rating would be based on performance in bed
    • installed a button in his desk to lock his office door remotely so nobody could walk in on them

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...D=ansmsnnews11

Where we learn more than we really wanted to know about Matt Lauer, summarized as:

• gave a female employee a dildo in a box as well as note about how he wanted to use it on her
    • summoned a different female employee to his office, dropped his pants and whipped out his cock and told her to blow him
    • quizzed female hosts about who they've $#@!ed
    • played marry $#@! kill in the office naming female co-hosts
    • told a female employee her job rating would be based on performance in bed
    • installed a button in his desk to lock his office door remotely so nobody could walk in on them
    Projection.

The same reason leftists want guns banned.

They think everyone are murderous, maladjusted, psychotics, just like them.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

The art of small talk.

All men need to be removed from positions of power

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    That's Meredith, not Katie.

Honestly I've had guys joke with me saying similar things but it didn't send off the creeper vibe. I just sass back with something alleging they have a small penis. "Is that half a roll of Certs in your pocket, or....."

I watched this about 10 times trying to determine if and why this is different, and I think it's because there's no smile at the end. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "News is a flirty business"- Geraldo Rivera.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36...lirty-business

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I have actually been accused of that in an attempt to deny my unemployment... from 40' away and on the other side of a noisy furnace no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast