Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Lauer Out at NBC. Guess why?

Actually, they pay Megyn Kelly a truckload of money.

I agree with you about the whole climate of perversion.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Actually, they pay Megyn Kelly a truckload of money.

I agree with you about the whole climate of perversion.
    I am sure they are looking for ways to give her the boot. I think they realized their mistake in hiring her within a week.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am sure they are looking for ways to give her the boot. I think they realized their mistake in hiring her within a week.
    They gave her the primo time slot and immediately ratings went more down the tubes than they were. They had to know Fox let her go because she wasn't worth $10million. NBC is paying her more.
    #NashvilleStrong

They gave her the primo time slot and immediately ratings went more down the tubes than they were. They had to know Fox let her go because she wasn't worth $10million. NBC is paying her more.
    Megyn is going around acting like a victim so she can get Matt's time slot. She isn't worth $.10. NBC will get what it deserves, IMHO.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I usually watch Good Morning America. I would be happy for NBC to take Georgie Porgie Stephanopolis. He doesn't fit with the rest of the team, and it's clear he's only there because he worked for the Clintons. They'd have to give him a Sunday show, though.
    #NashvilleStrong

These things, as bad as they are, are a simple diversion from the pedophiles that have been lurking about in government and hollyweird for years. The pedophiles are far worse, IMHO, because innocent children have been tormented and traumatized by these vicious and vile predators.

NBC is happy that Matt is out so they do not have to pay him the exorbitant salary. This is a win/win for NBC--they are hoping by making a big deal out of Lauer, they will gain the people's trust because lots of people were boycotting them for their biased reporting. It is really all a diversion.
    Yup, all this "sex in entertainment" is a diversion. There has been sex in entertainment since the first play thousands of years ago. I'm not saying it's right, just pointing out the truth of "power" throughout history. It's a historical fact that ANY time someone wanted "favor" from those who are powerful, something was required in return. If you were a fat old guy like me you might have to kill someone... If you were a sexy young thing (male or female) you might be asked for sex. It's a constant throughout history and to make a big splash about it now is a distraction from the REAL threat... People waking up to LIBERTY and realizing they just might do fine without a goonerment goonsquad looking over their shoulder.

Oh, and in that vein, IF everyone were to exercise their liberty in the absence of a goonerment, there would be FAR less of these power plays.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Is Hooters still in business?

Of course. All those places will still be open. But the people who work there have to treat each other with respect. They must comply with federal law. This is not about Lauer being a jerk. It's about being a jerk at work. Conyers is a jerk. He continues to be a jerk at work.

People can be jerks all they want in in their private lives. They cannot be jerks at work.
    #NashvilleStrong

Of course. All those places will still be open. But the people who work there have to treat each other with respect. They must comply with federal law. This is not about Lauer being a jerk. It's about being a jerk at work. Conyers is a jerk. He continues to be a jerk at work.

People can be jerks all they want in in their private lives. They cannot be jerks at work.

Again, this has nothing to do with people being a jerk--the federal government has jerks all through it. It really is a diversion.

If there is one thing to glean from these incidents-- it's about petty power and how it should not be acceptable in any aspect of free society.

If there is one thing to glean from these incidents-- it's about petty power and how it should not be acceptable in any aspect of free society.
    *Ding*
    #NashvilleStrong

Lets get this out in the open so you can all have me thrown in jail...

In the past I have touched women inappropriately (by today's standards)

I have let my Willie out of my pants to "surprise" women (some smiled, some frowned - none had me arrested)

I have made crude sexual jokes...

Ok, handcuff me and lock me up for the rest of my life...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post

I have let my Willie out of my pants to "surprise" women (some smiled, some frowned - none had me arrested)

No one has any come-back on this?? Come on guys!! I'm going to bet that most guys have done these kinds of things. Does that mean we all have to go to jail??

THIS ONE

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    That's so true.
    That is so untrue. If you ever met a jerk in a position of power you would know what I am talking about.

No one has any come-back on this?? Come on guys!! I'm going to bet that most guys have done these kinds of things. Does that mean we all have to go to jail??
    So you are creepy. Were you a jerk at work?
    #NashvilleStrong

Not me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm going to bet that most guys have done these kinds of things.
    I think you'd lose that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think you'd lose that bet.
    Yeah, I don't see many guys here claiming I'm wrong... (Danke doesn't count).

How many guys on their first date with a girl have no idea how to act and ALWAYS do some stupid thing like grab her boob or force a kiss? Are you kidding me? You think this is something rare? Even more, you think this is something the guy should do some serious jail time over???

ARE PEOPLE FOULKING CRAZY THESE DAYS!!!

THIS ONE

How many guys on their first date with a girl have no idea how to act and ALWAYS do some stupid thing like grab her boob or force a kiss? Are you kidding me? You think this is something rare? Even more, you think this is something the guy should do some serious jail time over???

Did you do it at work or with a coworker of which you had the power to fire/demote? I never did that.

I was going to ignore you and try not to embarrass you anymore than you embarrassed yourself but you just keep on pushing it.

You by your own admission are a creepy pervert:

No you shouldn't be arrested but you should be shunned by decent society.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I was going to ignore you and try not to embarrass you anymore than you embarrassed yourself but you just keep on pushing it.

You by your own admission are a creepy pervert:

No you shouldn't be arrested but you should be shunned by decent society.
    Shun me then my friend. I will always stand up for #Liberty. From what I see there's no "victim" when you "offend" someone by your actions. If that were the case then I'm a victim thousands of times over because I'm offended by all actions to restrict liberty. Yeah, sexuality has been around since the beginning and although we don't accept clubbing women over the head and dragging them off by their hair (then you actually DO have a victim) making vulgar statements or suggestive behavior is still "free speech" and although it may be UNPOPULAR speech, that's the kind that needs protection.

Shun me all you "decent" people. I really won't care at all...

THIS ONE

,”Yeah, I don't see many guys here claiming I'm wrong... (Danke doesn't count).”

Shunned.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I have done all that CA. Except the willie part. I don't have a willie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I have done all that CA. Except the willie part. I don't have a willie.
    Thank you. And I'm willing to bet that most people have done things that others would "frown" upon (mostly due to the prudish nature of many). Now we have this whole frenzy about sex which makes zero sense. The "birds and the bees" have been active in young people (and even us old ones) since the beginning and this crazy "hang em from the rafters" attitude is nothing more than another way to divide the people so that we can't focus on LIBERTY and the true threat to liberty - goonerment...

THIS ONE

(mostly due to the prudish nature of many).
    More like most women don't carry a microscope in their purses powerful enough to see what you are so braggy about.
    #NashvilleStrong

More like most women don't carry a microscope in their purses powerful enough to see what you are so braggy about.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I’m not saying that Lauer is innocent, but why would he be fired now, while casting couch behaviour is rampant throughout the entertainment industry?
    Maybe that Lauer was too harsh on poor Corey Feldman, who has promised to expose no less than 6 paedophiles if he gets $10 million: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ood+Pedophilia

On 30 October, Corey Feldman on the Today show was pressed by Matt Lauer to defend the hefty price tag. Corey promised:
    I will release every single name that I have knowledge of. And nobody’s going to stop me this time, as long as people support this
    Lauer responded that he had promised this before, to which Feldman replied this is differents because he "vows": http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...interview.html

Business culture is full of it, too. Most here seem to be too young to remember the cartoons in Readers Digest and other publications about the young secretary taking dictation while sitting on the lap of her boss. It seemed expected.

I never bought into the status quo, myself.

I think if women had stood up for themselves in the early days it would have meant we would not have these dramatic swings of the pendulum. My grandmother, born before 1900, was a nurse, and I can't imagine her putting up with nonsense on the job.
    #NashvilleStrong

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haha... Pretty good zinger there. But seriously, my "manhood" is a bit on the smallish size if that's important to you. As any woman knows, the real expertise is in how well you can use the tongue...

THIS ONE

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123