Thread: U.S. Coast Guard operating secret floating prisons in Pacific Ocean

U.S. Coast Guard operating secret floating prisons in Pacific Ocean

Now, it turns out, there's a secret U.S. detention system in the War on Drugs, too — and this one is aboard U.S. Coast Guard cutters sailing in the Pacific Ocean.
    In an effort to staunch the flow of cocaine and other hard drugs from South America to Central America and points north, Coast Guard cutters have been deployed farther and farther from the shore in the Pacific Ocean. When these cutters capture a boat carrying drugs, the smugglers are brought onto the ships and kept shackled to the deck, sometimes outside in the elements, until the Coast Guard makes arrangements for them to be transported back to the U.S. for trial.
    But this isn't a wait of just a few hours or days. Often, these waits can last weeks or months, according to new reporting from The New York Times. Coast Guard officials say they can do this because the drug smugglers aren't under arrest until they reach U.S. shores, but some of the worst cases are drawing criticism even from Coast Guard officials.

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...newstopstories
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At an avg of about three weeks , there is no legitimate reason for this . None .

I didn't know our "coast" extended thousands of miles out to sea. Well, ya'll keep paying for it and it'll keep happening. For myself I'll just contentiously keep objecting.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I didn't know our "coast" extended thousands of miles out to sea. Well, ya'll keep paying for it and it'll keep happening. For myself I'll just contentiously keep objecting.
    Didn't you read the part about "hard" drugs?

Why do you hate the children?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Didn't you read the part about "hard" drugs?

Why do you hate the children?
    Because they are not mine and have been brought up to be rude, self-entitled, little $#@!s.

They shouldn't be taken into custody at all, why waist time and money on a trial. Confiscate their $#@!, dump it in the ocean. Send them on their way back to their drug lords who will probably kill them for losing their payload. Win Win
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

and have been brought up to be rude, self-entitled, little $#@!s.
    Wouldn't you be, too, if you were taught from a young age to trust government but question your own biological sex?
    No - No - No - No

These prison ships change everything. Its all different now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why wasn't this investigated during Obama?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/magazine/the-coast-guards-floating-guantanamos.html

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    They shouldn't be taken into custody at all, why waist time and money on a trial. Confiscate their $#@!, dump it in the ocean. Send them on their way back to their drug lords who will probably kill them for losing their payload. Win Win
    I would fire the senior officers in charge of this BS if they worked for me , for bringing these people back into the US and for shackling people to the deck for weeks . These pussies are not fit to manage anything . If one of them was wounded or ill I bet they would be off that cutter same day .

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Confiscate $#@! outside of territorial waters? Pretty sure that is piracy. But, hell, asset forfeiture is "lawful." Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    At an avg of about three weeks , there is no legitimate reason for this . None .
    That's how long it takes to determine if the shipment is "one of ours" or not.

Last edited by devil21; 11-29-2017 at 02:53 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I saw that Stallone movie. I honestly believed it was stretching to be different from every other prison break movie. I had no idea it's based on reality.

Should I take the prison space station movie seriously now?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Torture is fine because drugs.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Confiscate $#@! outside of territorial waters? Pretty sure that is piracy. But, hell, asset forfeiture is "lawful." Lol.
    It sure is. We are the guardians of the galaxy or at least the planet.

Last edited by timosman; 11-29-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Torture is fine because drugs.
    Drugs and what might happen is dangerous, proven track record of man concentrating and abusing power is not so dangerous. Brilliant.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Should I take the prison space station movie seriously now?
    In space, no one can hear you scream...

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    In space, no one can hear you scream...

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"When these cutters capture a boat carrying drugs, the smugglers are brought onto the ships and kept shackled to the deck, sometimes outside in the elements, until the Coast Guard makes arrangements for them to be transported back to the U.S. for trial. But this isn't a wait of just a few hours or days. Often, these waits can last weeks or months, … Coast Guard officials say they can do this because the drug smugglers aren't under arrest until they reach U.S. shores …

These Coast Guard ships are deployed deep into the Pacific —sometimes thousands of miles from the nearest U.S. port …

For the next 70 days, Mr. Arcentales and the other man he was detained with were held — always chained by their ankle to the deck of a ship or to a cable running along one of these large Coast Guard or Navy ships — for 70 days. He was moved from ship to ship …

How can the Coast Guard get away with keeping people under those conditions when the men haven't even been charged? The Coast Guard makes the argument that these people are not formally under arrest until they get to the United States. They're simply being held, …

the idea that we need to push our borders outward farther and farther away from our actual borders … but we're arresting people in international waters, often on foreign boats, thousands of miles from the United States. …

The question about the legality of the U.S. Coast Guard's detention practices has not been raised, in an international context, in criminal courts. …
    I have evidence of people being held for upwards of 70 days. A Coast Guard official told me people have been held for 90 days. …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The U.S. Coast Guard: bringing new meaning to "Gulag Archipelago" ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·