Thread: Government Approves Patented Synthetic THC but Still Classifies Natural Cannabis as Dangerous

Government Approves Patented Synthetic THC but Still Classifies Natural Cannabis as Dangerous

The pharmaceutical industry is pulling out the stops lobbying government officials and influencing those that are inclined toward prohibition, to protect not only their synthetic THC interests but also their vast exclusive pharmaceutical market.

Increased cannabis use is intruding on the pharmaceutical industry’s turf.

It has been implied and most of us could see it coming, but on November 22, 2017, it became official. The DEA placed synthetic THC, Dronabinol, the medicinally powerful compound that creates the high in marijuana, as a Schedule II controlled substance, yet whole plant cannabis remains as a Schedule I controlled substance.

This final ruling closed the door on public comments invited for the DEA’s initial interim ruling.

The DEA ensured in writing that dronabinol is Schedule II if only as part of a DEA approved drug. If not the active part of an FDA approved pharmaceutical drug it is listed as Schedule I along with whole plant cannabis.

Just in time for Insy Therapeutics to enjoy their exclusive marketing position with Syndros, a dronabinol spray liquid and delivery system recently approved for marketing by the FDA. This product is novel with its delivery as a spray, but the stated results are the same as Marinol or dronabinol in general. From the Insy webpage:

Syndros is approved for use in treating anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (“AIDS”) and nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conventional antiemetic treatments. (Source)
    Dronabinol is a synthetically derived mimicry of THC. It is not an extract from the cannabis plant. Even if it were, isolating a compound from natural sources is usually not the best way to go. All the balancing compounds should be available. This totally synthetic chemical is compounded after a long chemical process, which is explained in this earlier patent submission.

Compared to whole plant cannabis products, this is a very minuscule list of purported benefits. And they conveniently don’t interfere with the pharmaceuticals that are the big money makers, such as the arsenal of chemo products for cancer patients and long list of drugs for “HIV” AIDS. Dronabinol products only attempt to compensate for the side effects of pharmaceutical drugs used for cancer and AIDS.

Many who use whole plant cannabis medically for cancer are successful with natural cannabis compounds directly. And there are no serious side effects as there are with synthetic versions of THC. Those who use whole plant cannabis for cancer often are able to avoid chemo and radiation.

Those who used cannabis to heal from Crohn’s or colitis, and other serious diseases were able to wean themselves away from the large amount of pharmaceuticals they had been on. Those who used cannabis exclusively to heal also avoided hospitalization and even escaped from hospice alive and well. (Source)

Schedules Summarized

Schedule I controlled substances (drugs) are considered to have “no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.”

The phrase “no accepted medical use…” means it is not an FDA approved drug. That’s all it means. Schedule I drugs include drugs such as heroin.

Schedule II drugs also “have a high potential for abuse which may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.” But they can be prescribed by doctors because they are pharmaceutical drugs approved by the FDA: Oxycontin, morphine, Ritalin, and others. There are other opioids in addition to Oxycontin listed as Schedule II.

Cannabis has been used successfully to get opioid pain killer and heroin addicts off those drugs safely and permanently. One danger of opioids is their effectiveness diminishes over time, making them useless until the dosage is increased again and again, leading to a final lethal overdose. (Source)

Cannabis handles chronic pain safely without the need for increasing the dose, which if increased would not result in death. Cannabis is not physiologically addictive, though like anything else considered pleasurable, like eating ice cream or watching sports on TV, it can become psychologically addictive.

Many who cure themselves of terminal diseases maintain a lowered cannabis dose as a preventative, without harm.

There are three other broad classification schedules, all diminishing in danger of dependency and abuse as the numbers reach V (five). They are all pharmaceutical drugs approved by the FDA.

But only Schedule I drugs are “without medical merit” or unapproved by the FDA. Somehow this warrants arresting anyone who uses a Schedule I drug of any kind for any purpose. (Source)

Obvious Ironies

The most basic irony is the idea of synthetically creating one compound of a natural plant and making it legal for medical applications while banning the plant from which it was copied synthetically, even making its use illegal. Unfortunately, this is business as usual with the pharmaceutical industry.

Much of what is passed as medicine is made that way, usually while vilifying or marginalizing the natural source from which a compound was synthetically copied.

Medicinal plants are composed of several compounds that balance out potential toxins while creating a synergistic preventative or curative dynamic. For example, THC is only one of two dominant cannabinoids known for their medicinal properties. The other is CBD or cannabidiol, which is not psychoactive at all. It does have some medicinal properties and helps dampen THC’s psychoactive effects.

CBD is either extracted from cannabis or taken from plants bred to be very low in THC and high in CBD. Some brands of CBD oils or tinctures are from industrial hemp, which is closely related to cannabis but hybrid naturally to be extremely low in THC.

To patent CBD or cannabidiol, the CBD molecule has to be created synthetically and not extracted directly from the plant, which would allow only the extraction process to be patented.

Synthetic CBDs can be registered for exclusive marketing for a period of up to 20 years with FDA approval and a brand name at a higher price than any natural CBD would go for.

Do you see how the alliance of Big Pharma, the FDA, and the DEA protects the pharmaceutical industry while denying natural medicines? More on this here.

After those two most dominant cannabinoids, THC and CBD, there are perhaps 80 others. The cannabis whole plant also contains many other health providing compounds. Terpenes are what give cannabis, and other flowers and fruits, their scent and taste. But more importantly, additional medicinal benefits.

Flavanoids are found in many plant foods and are phytonutrients that are often antioxidant and protective against major diseases.

A synthetic isolate from cannabis or any other plant source of medicine excludes all other phytonutrients and compounds that are naturally balanced to usually not provide adverse side effects.

This is why synthetic drugs have to be safety tested. They have no history of safety because they are novel and never used by any culture at any time in history, unlike herbs and other traditional medicinal plants.

Cannabis is also an herb, and there is not one incident of death recorded from cannabis intake, smoked or orally ingested, in any form. Meanwhile, several deaths and serious adverse events occur from FDA approved drugs correctly prescribed and properly taken, annually.

There are even more dead bodies from opioid pain killers because patients become addicted, the pains persist, and the drugs’ effectiveness wanes, leading to higher doses and death by asphyxiation. Opioid and heroine overdosing inhibit the breathing mechanism.

The whole plant effect from all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavanoids creates what’s called an “entourage effect” that creates a vast healing synergy without harmful side effects to cover a wide range of illnesses, some which are considered incurable by mainstream medicine.

This entourage effect remains to be explored more as various breeding techniques can adjust them naturally and fine tune them according to individuals and their ailments.

How Does Dronabinol Fare With Side Effects?

Known side effects from dronabinol (Marinol) or Syndros categorized as a Schedule II controlled substance, (my comments in parenthesis):

• Seizure (convulsions) (Yet whole plant cannabis products have eliminated seizures among incurable epilepsy victims including children.)
    • Paranoia, extreme fear
    • Fast heart rate
    • Feeling light-headed, fainting
    • Unusual thoughts or behavior
    • Mood changes
    • Dizziness, trouble concentrating
    • Feeling “high”
    • Weakness, lack of coordination
    • Anxiety, confusion
    • Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (Yet whole plant cannabis oils have cured Crohn’s and IBS victims.)
    • Warmth or tingly feeling
    • Sleep problems (insomnia) (Source)

Of course, there is not much history with dronabinol or the trade name versions Marinol and Syndros. Eventually, more side effects may occur long term.

Who knows what wasn’t included in the Marinol trials. The unofficial track record of medical cannabis compared to pharmaceutical medicines is upside down. There is no comparison.

If there were no restrictions on cannabis anywhere, and if doctors would escape the pharmaceutical and medical boards’ matrix to get educated on cannabis as a primary medicine, the pharmaceutical industry would almost go out of business and have less influence over the medical professions.

Then we would have a healthier population with less iatrogenic deaths, (early deaths from diseases).

Source.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    THC can be good for you, as long as its in a non-fun pill form
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    THC can be good for you, as long as its in a non-fun pill form
    And as long as it is synthetic and patented. Everyone knows that natural products cannot heal. The FDA does not allow it.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Obviously “synthetic THC” is worse than the real thing.

While using marijuana sporadically has almost no adverse effects, smoking a joint on a daily basis isn’t as harmless as some people claim it is.
    Following are some of the adverse effects of marijuana:
    Acute adverse effects
    · Anxiety and panic, especially in naive users
    · Psychotic symptoms (at high doses)
    · Road crashes if a person drives while intoxicated

Chronic adverse effects

· Cannabis dependence syndrome (in around one in ten users)
    · Chronic bronchitis and impaired respiratory function in regular smokers
    · Psychotic symptoms and disorders in heavy users, especially those with a history of psychotic symptoms or a family history of these disorders
    · Impaired educational attainment in adolescents who are regular users
    · Subtle cognitive impairment in those who are daily users for 10 years or more
    https://www.csam-asam.org/adverse-ef...-professionals
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

When another party aggressively inserts itself into the business of an individual's use of a plant.
    Power has worse side effects than any plant.

Nice little illusion and denial ya got there, ya fear & pride & power junkies.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

While using marijuana sporadically has almost no adverse effects, smoking a joint on a daily basis isn’t as harmless as some people claim it is.
    Following are some of the adverse effects of marijuana: https://www.csam-asam.org/adverse-ef...-professionals
    Sounds like government propaganda. I could come up with a worse list of adverse effects for white sugar, but the government doesn't need to regulate it.

The cognitive claims are also suspect, and medical marijuana is being used successfully for neurological issues like epilepsy, Parkinson's, etc.

Can Cannabis Help Reverse Alzheimer’s?

Older Americans Turning to Medical Cannabis to Heal Cancer and Other Diseases

"Marijuana kept me alive"

This one is amazing:

Aluminum, mercury, formaldehyde, polysorbate 80 injected into your body - necessary for optimum health.

MSG, hfcs, gmo soy and corn, bpa, rbgh - totally healthy.

A plant that literally stops seizures - as dangerous as herion.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Sounds like government propaganda. I could come up with a worse list of adverse effects for white sugar, but the government doesn't need to regulate it.

The cognitive claims are also suspect, and medical marijuana is being used successfully for neurological issues like epilepsy, Parkinson's, etc.
    I don't even disagree that I linked to "government propaganda".
    This thread is too pro-THC though, which makes it another kind of propaganda...

I can tell from personal experience that THC is addictive, which is often claimed it isn't.

From the article:
    For dementia and Alzheimer’s prevention, experts recommend moderate exercise, such as walking briskly for a mile or so four or more days out of the week, to encourage your brain’s ability to flush out those beta-amyloids before they accumulate.

I have serious doubts about cancer, I know that cancer is caused by radiation, which is one of the main treatments for cancer...
    I also know that lots of victims of the health "care" industry are misdiagnosed with (sentenced to) cancer.
    I don't believe that there is any wonder treatment and I see no "evidence" in this story for the efficacy of THC in cancer treatment. It does show, again, that the hospitals make a lot of innocent victims systematically...

If THC can improve conditions, like Parkinson's, this doesn't mean that it has no adverse effects.
    Most drugs have more negative than positive effects.

I can tell from personal experience that there are also drugs that can cause Parkinson's, like antipsychotics.
    I can also tell from personal experience that Akineton (Biperiden) can be used for Parkinson's treatment, which is more effective than THC, and has even more severe adverse effects (than THC), including dementia.

I'm curious if you have any personal experience in using THC, Parkinson's, or dementia...
    Last edited by Firestarter; 11-30-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fuk_Big_pHARMa.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I have serious doubts about cancer, I know that cancer is caused by radiation, which is one of the main treatments for cancer...
    I also know that lots of victims of the health "care" industry are misdiagnosed with (sentenced to) cancer.
    I don't believe that there is any wonder treatment and I see no "evidence" in this story for the efficacy of THC in cancer treatment. It does show, again, that the hospitals make a lot of innocent victims systematically...
    The evidence for marijuana with THC curing cancer is overwhelming, but not in the video I posted above. Look up Rick Simpson oil.

If THC can improve conditions, like Parkinson's, this doesn't mean that it has no adverse effects.
    Most drugs have more negative than positive effects.
    OK, but how are you defining "drug"? The FDA claims they are the only ones who can declare what is or is not a drug, and they never classify herbs or natural products as drugs. Only pharmaceutical products that can be patented. Those pharmaceuticals do always have side effects.

But the original "drugs" were always plants. Yes, plants can have "side effects" also, but much less toxic than pharmaceutical drugs.

See:

Why Essential Oils Heal and Drugs Don’t

I'm curious if you have any personal experience in using THC, Parkinson's, or dementia...
    The main danger of marijuana is emotional dependency. It does not create chemical dependency like opioids.

I have no problem with marijuana being legal for recreational use, but personally, I do NOT use it recreationally. I did back in the 1970s when I was a teen, but left that lifestyle a long time ago.

I am only interested in the medicinal value today. For example, I have had problems with kidney stones, and the drug prescribed to me in the past to deal with terrible kidney stone attacks and the horrible pain is Vicodin, a very dangerous drug. If I lived in a state where medical cannabis was legal today, I would choose cannabis over an opioid for pain, and if I ever was diagnosed with cancer, I would 100% start using Rick Simpson oil.
    Last edited by Created4; 11-30-2017 at 11:14 AM.

OK, but how are you defining "drug"? The FDA claims they are the only ones who can declare what is or is not a drug, and they never classify herbs or natural products as drugs. Only pharmaceutical products that can be patented. Those pharmaceuticals do always have side effects.

But the original "drugs" were always plants. Yes, plants can have "side effects" also, but much less toxic than pharmaceutical drugs.
    Over here in the Netherlands, anything that causes an alteration of the mindstate is called a "drug", and over here in the Netherlands for some reason only the plural "drugs" is used (with the result that I have difficulty using the single "drug").
    Heroin, cocaine, crack, cannabis are all called drugs, but in the Netherlands there is a clear distinction between "hard drugs" and "soft drugs" (cannabis).

In the Netherlands we speak Dutch.
    We usually call the "drugs" prescribed by medical "doctors" medicines (medicijnen), instead of "drugs".

Considering marijuna I'm all for to "legalize it", but I won't "advertise it" as I think that there are more important things to stand for, and every drug has adverse effects.
    Furthermore I don't think it's good that "doctors" get the right to say who can use THC legally and who doesn't...

Following are some of the adverse effects of marijuana: https://www.csam-asam.org/adverse-ef...-professionals
    That is all total bull$#@!.

I have been smoking daily for about 16 years, and I haven't had a cough in 11 years. My lungs are in fantastic shape, better shape than before I started.

The psychosis claims are not valid, they find the same issue with alcohol and other drugs.. so more likely, people who are in the early stages of psychosis tend to begin treating their symptoms with substance abuse. Then when some of the more severe side effects of the disease manifest and the disease is finally diagnosed, they act like the substance abuse caused it.

Plenty of studies, including government studies from around the world have shown that low to moderate doses of cannabis can improve driving and driving safety over "sober" drivers. (I say "sober" because most of them are caffeinated).
    Last edited by dannno; 12-01-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I've been using cannabis 3-7 days a week since about late 2010. Mostly vaping and edibles. My favorite times to use are skiing and sometime biking (depending on where/when the ride is).

Now that it's winter, it's game time. I just cooked up some more edibles this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That is all total bull$#@!.

I have been smoking daily for about 16 years, and I haven't had a cough in 11 years. My lungs are in fantastic shape, better shape than before I started.
    If you wouldn't mess up your brain by smoking daily, you would probably be smart enough to see Alex Jones for the disinformation agent he is and realise that President Trump is just as bad as Clinton, Bush and Obama...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The psychosis claims are not valid, they find the same issue with alcohol and other drugs.
    Who knows?!?
    Some people consider your posts (and mine) - paranoid junk.
    You can only find out what the devastating effects of daily cannabis use are, if you stay clean for half a year...

If I remember correctly I started smoking weed in 1992, when I was 18.
    After I started working for the ABN AMRO bank, in 1997, I became an insomniac, and "needed" a joint to be able to sleep. I didn't smoke every single day, but 4-5 days a week.

The last time I smoked weed was in 2007, since then my concentration has improved considerably.
    I believe that a better concentration is per definition a higher intelligence.

That said, I'm against prohibition...
    Last edited by Firestarter; 12-02-2017 at 04:53 AM.