Thread: Remember that woman who cops beat up to seize her kids? She's now jailed in NYC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Remember that woman who cops beat up to seize her kids? She's now jailed in NYC

Mother, Air Force Vet Kidnapped, Sent to Rikers for Traveling in NY with Her Legal Texas Handgun

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mot...texas-handgun/

For carrying her legally purchased and licensed handgun in her vehicle as she traveled through New York, a mother of two and honorably discharged veteran was arrested and charged with a felony.

By Matt Agorist - November 26, 2017

New York, NY — Mother of two and honorably discharged veteran of the US Air Force, Deanna Jo Robinson had harmed no one, had not taken anyone’s property and was merely traveling peacefully in her car when she was kidnapped by police and thrown into Riker’s Island at the Rose M. Singer Center with violent armed robbers and murderers.

Robinson was driving from Texas to New York to bring her two children to spend some time with their father when she was arrested by the NYPD in the Bronx and charged with “265.03 FC (CRIM POSS WEAPON-2ND DEGREE C Felony)” for having her legally purchased and licensed handgun in her glovebox.

Robinson, who spent five years on active duty, had secret military clearances and also has her active and valid Texas License to Carry.

According to Federal law, an individual is not restricted from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines for lawful purposes except those explicitly prohibited by federal law to include convicted felons; persons under indictment for felonies; adjudicated “mental defectives” or those who have been involuntarily committed to mental institutions; illegal drug users; illegal aliens and most non-immigrant aliens; dishonorably discharged veterans; those who have renounced their U.S. citizenship; fugitives from justice; persons convicted of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence; and persons subject to certain domestic violence restraining orders. Therefore, no federal permit is required (or available) for the interstate transportation of firearms.

Robinson does not fit any of the restricted person criteria as described above. However, having the gun in the glovebox is likely what the New York police have taken issue with.

A Funded Justice page, started by James Gressett, reads:

“Deanna Jo, loving mother of two adorable boys, Veteran, Activist and friend in liberty, was arrested in NYC on Nov 11 while traveling from Texas, when her self-defense handgun was discovered in her vehicle. Please help us free her from Rikers.

Two beautiful little boys are wondering where their mother is after the family of three traveled across the country from Texas to NYC so the children could spend time with their estranged father. Deanna Jo is a responsible mother and a veteran with military clearances and a Texas License to Carry. Concerned primarily with her children’s safety and posing no threat to any other person, Deanna Jo arrived at her destination, where her estranged husband took the children into his house then contacted police, who found her self-defense handgun in her vehicle. No mother should be forced to leave behind her best means of self defense, yet the City of New York sends a clear message: “We do not care about your Constitutional rights or your personal safety, and the only people who have guns here are criminals.” Now Deanna Jo sits in a cage at Rikers Island, stripped of her rights and incarcerated, and her children are missing her dearly. She needs to return to them so they can be with their mother. The city has basically told her that her life and the lives of her children are meaningless and that her right to protect them is trivial.

We are a group of friends who want to see Deanna Jo reunited with her children as soon as possible.

This fund is to help us do that, plus assist with the legal battle to come.”

The goal set on the fundraising page is $25,000 and as of this writing has reached $6,400. The Free Thought Project spoke with Second Amendment and free speech activist Michael Picard who bailed Robinson out on Friday. He told us that Robinson is going to fight the charges all the way as there was no victim of her alleged crime.

“She served her country in the Air Force, and this is how New York serves her,” Picard told TFTP.

Unfortunately for Robinson, this is the second time she’s had an unjust experience with police. As TFTP reported at the time, Robinson was raided by police who were there to take her children over an alleged custody dispute. Robinson, who had a camera rolling at the time of the raid was seen pinned into a corner by Hunt County Deputy Josh Robinson who began beating the handcuffed 9-month pregnant woman as she screamed out in horror.

Deputy J. Robinson was subsequently no-billed by a Hunt County grand jury and has since been reinstated to full duty. Robinson was cleared of any wrongdoing and CPS later admitted there was no warrant.

If you’d like to call Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark, and peacefully express to him that this woman has been through enough and doesn’t deserve to be locked in a cage for protecting herself and her children, you can so at this number: 718-590-2000. Also, if you’d like to donate to her legal fees, you can do so at her Funded Justice page.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guns are bad news! She should have beaten up a Senator instead of bringing a weapon to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Guns are bad news! She should have beaten up a Senator instead of bringing a weapon to NY.
    Reported
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

She might not have been convicted of domestic violence, but that is why the police were called to her parents' home in the first place.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Here's the video of the first incident referenced if you have not seen it yet. She was pregnant and the police repeatedly punched her:

Some pictures of the mother:

Definitely looks like a criminal who deserves to be behind bars....
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Police were called to the home because of domestic violence. She was involved. I don't agree with the police on this, but I really do not think she is as much a victim as you make her out to be.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Police were called to the home because of domestic violence. She was involved. I don't agree with the police on this, but I really do not think she is as much a victim as you make her out to be.
    You have inside information on this story? You know her? How am I "making her out to be a victim"?
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    You have inside information on this story? You know her? How am I "making her out to be a victim"?
    This is what she said about the incident:

The Hunt County CPS investigators asked me to meet them at 8:30pm on the night of March 4, 2015 for an interview and health/welfare check of my 18 month old son. I complied.

At approximately 8:15pm there was a banging on the door that sounded like what I imagine the Gestapo might have sounded like. I opened it to see a large Hunt County Sheriffs Officer on the porch steps, there were 2 more officers behind him. He asked “Are you Deanna Robinson?” I said yes I am. He asked if I was the mother of (my 18 month old son’s name – which was horribly mispronounced) I said yes I am. He said “we are here to remove your son”. I replied “nobody is touching my child without a court order or a warrant….”

He reached behind him and one of the other officers handed him a solid, opaque pocket folder. He opened the folder, revealing approximately the top 1/3 of a sheet of white paper with writing on it. Then quickly closed the folder again and passed it back behind him. I asked to examine the document. He responded “that’s not gonna happen”, so I attempted to close the door again.

Before I could get it closed, he shoved the door open, in the process shoving me backward several steps into the kitchen. My son was standing behind me and a little to my left. All 3 officers had entered the kitchen by that point. The first officer yelled “there’s the kid, somebody grab him….”

I began screaming and trying to block his access to my child. He immediately grabbed me, spun me around and then the two officers seen in the video shoved me into the corner and forcefully pinned me there, slamming my knees, legs, thighs into the lower cabinets, slamming my abdomen into the kitchen counter and even pinning my head down onto the counter initially.

The video speaks for itself here. Near the end of the clip the officer who is standing aside can be heard to say “somebody shut her up”.

Ultimately I was taken to the Hunt County Detention Facility and my son was taken from the arms and the safety of his maternal grandparents’ home, despite their protests, willingness, ability and repeated requests to retain physical custody of him. The paperwork and forms that CPS left behind were all marked “REFUSED NONCOMPLIANT” on the parent signature line, even though I obviously never even saw any of the forms, much less refused to sign them.

I was jailed for 6 days, charged with felony “Assaulting a Police Officer” and “Interference with Child Custody” while my family scrambled and borrowed to pay the bail bond. I am a decorated Veteran of the Iraq war; I have ZERO criminal history, no alcohol, drug or any other problems. I had never been arrested before this night. (Source – Photographyisnotacrime.com)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More from DailyMail.com:

She says CPS were called as she and her husband - with who she says she has a rocky relationship - had an argument at their home.

She says she went to her parent's home with her toddler son, but her stepson, who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, told his teacher about the incident - who in turn reported it to CPS.

On March 3, CPS investigators removed her three stepchildren - ranging in age from six to nine - from their home.

Then Robinson received a call from a CPS investigator telling her that he wanted to talk to her about the incident as well as check up on her toddler son.

But she says when they arrived, they told her they were they to take her son.

She says she stepped in front of her son as she tried to close the door and put her hands up as she screamed 'No, you're not touching my kid.'

Robinson says they pushed past her as she demanded to see the paperwork and handcuffed her.

Her toddler is currently in temporary CPS custody.

Levi is being cared for by her parents.

On Monday Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks posted a statement on the department's Facebook page after the video went viral.

It read: 'I have become aware of an internet allegation accusing one of my deputies of improper actions.

'I have initiated an administrative investigation to determine if any policy violations occurred.'
    I have not seen anything about a complaint against her for being violent. She was 9 months pregnant at the time.

Link

Robinson, an Air Force veteran, said the investigation stemmed from an argument and shoving match between her and her husband, while she was holding Landry.
    Read more sources next time. The woman is lucky to have her kids at all.
    #NashvilleStrong

Link

Read more sources next time. The woman is lucky to have her kids at all.
    Seriously? "An argument and shoving match between her and her husband" means she is "lucky to have her kids at all."??

Then let's just have the government decide who should be parents and who should not, so they can traffick the children to the highest bidder.

Will Everyone in the U.S. Soon Need Government Approval to be Parents and Keep Their Children?

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Seriously? "An argument and shoving match between her and her husband" means she is "lucky to have her kids at all."??

Then let's just have the government decide who should be parents and who should not, so they can traffick the children to the highest bidder.

Will Everyone in the U.S. Soon Need Government Approval to be Parents and Keep Their Children?
    Dont you get it!?

The slaves have to be conditioned and trained like the animals that we are.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Another broke, unemployable, and now, permanently unarmed nobody has been created by The People.

I never said that, but you all are making her out to be a victim. She's not a victim.
    #NashvilleStrong

I never said that, but you all are making her out to be a victim. She's not a victim.
    How do you define "victim"? A 9 month pregnant woman being punched by a police as two of them hold her down is not a victim?

She put a sock in her kid's mouth. Kid was at school complaining about his family. They were already on the radar.
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She put a sock in her kid's mouth.
    For shame! Lock her up. Put the kid in foster care where they will most likely be sexually abused and scarred for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    According to Federal law, an individual is not restricted from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines for lawful purposes except those explicitly prohibited by federal law to include convicted felons; persons under indictment for felonies; adjudicated “mental defectives” or those who have been involuntarily committed to mental institutions; illegal drug users; illegal aliens and most non-immigrant aliens; dishonorably discharged veterans; those who have renounced their U.S. citizenship; fugitives from justice; persons convicted of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence; and persons subject to certain domestic violence restraining orders. Therefore, no federal permit is required (or available) for the interstate transportation of firearms.

Thats a long list...
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."