Thread: Any Idea What This Is?

Any Idea What This Is?

Fiat for scale, but any idea? Seems to be an aluminum ball on a steel shaft.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Seems to be an aluminum ball on a steel shaft.
    and gold colored,, but no idea.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Is it a float of some sort?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Its the most retarded piece of hardware I've ever seen.

Is it telescopic at all? Can you push that gray pin and move the steel shaft? Was the nut something you added or did you find it that way?

The steel shaft slides into another aluminum shaft the same width as the aluminum lip, but if there's a nut that aluminum shaft might not even threaded. It could even be meant to spin...

Interesting. I'd say the threaded end screws into a female thread and the the nut is tightened down to secure it. So, it is an attachment. You say that it is an aluminum ball. By this are you saying that it is hollow or just ball shaped? Is there a bore through the stem?

Part of a weathervane?

Some sort of finial?

Glovakian confragulator?
    Last edited by PursuePeace; 11-24-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Part from a Turbo Encabulator
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I dunno , But I too think it is an attachment . Looks like something might go on an outdoor railing or such .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks to me like the ball that would go on the end of a flag pole.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dunno , But I too think it is an attachment . Looks like something might go on an outdoor railing or such .
    And you almost won. I'd been googling but when I added outdoor it showed them on Amazon. It's apparently a flagpole topper. https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Orna...84CMRFJT0EPEVK

CCTelander got it.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    //
    Last edited by Lamp; 11-24-2017 at 04:22 PM.

I usually go with a spear point type on the end of flags . Just another handy weapon in case .

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    CCTelander got it.
    What does he win?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was pretty close with the confragulator guess.

just sayin'.

Wow. I won? I WON? I'm not very good at speeches, but I'd like to thank my parents, and my agent for helping me get this far. Oh! And all the little people who helped make this day possible. And...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Wow. I won? I WON? I'm not very good at speeches, but I'd like to thank my parents, and my agent for helping me get this far. Oh! And all the little people who helped make this day possible. And...
    Congrats you get a free trip to Trump Hotels Waikiki branch

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    IMHO, you won with this post....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ice-Protection

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Sadly, nothing has changed since I posted that. But thanks for the hat tip.
    Chris

Resonator for a flux capacitor.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

You sure it isn't a baby one of these? You aren't supposed to have those yet. The public release is after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You sure it isn't a baby one of these? You aren't supposed to have those yet. The public release is after the first of the year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment