Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Levin joins Fox News with weekend show: Life, Liberty and Levin

Mark Levin joins Fox News with weekend show: Life, Liberty and Levin

See Talk radio star Mark Levin joins Fox News Channel with weekly show

”Fox News announced on Tuesday that nationally syndicated radio talk show personality Mark Levin will join the network with a weekly, weekend primetime show titled, “Life, Liberty & Levin.”

“Mark’s passion for the principles found in the Constitution and success in talk radio has made him a distinct figure in the media landscape. We look forward to adding this spirited program to our weekend lineup,” Fox News President of Programming Suzanne Scott said.”

This is good news and bad news! Being one of the few who have actually taken the time to have passionately studied the making of our Constitution ___ researching Madison’s Notes on the Convention, the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers, Elliots’ Debates and other historical documents documenting our Constitution’s legislative intent ___ I appreciate Mark’s endless task of educating people to the legislative intent of our Constitution and exposing today’s assault upon it by Congress, and especially federal judges and Justices who knowingly and willingly ignore both the text and legislative intent of our Constitution.

On the other hand, I am very distressed that Mark Levin has been calling for an Article V convention under which our entire Constitution would be put up for grabs by all the snakes and other Swamp Creatures who would find their way into the Convention should one be called.

I remember during the 1980s many so-called "conservatives" were pushing for a Convention to allegedly write a "balanced budget amendment", but the amendment these "conservatives" were pushing, if adopted, would have made it constitutional for Congress to not balance the budget.

On almost all issues I agree with Mark, but his desire to call for a convention under Article V is a very, very suspicious and dangerous idea as indicated by James Madison:

”3. If a General Convention were to take place for the avowed and sole purpose of revising the Constitution, it would naturally consider itself as having a greater latitude than the Congress appointed to administer and support as well as to amend the system; it would consequently give greater agitation to the public mind; an election into it would be courted by the most violent partizans on both sides; it wd. probably consist of the most heterogeneous characters; would be the very focus of that flame which has already too much heated men of all parties; would no doubt contain individuals of insidious views, who under the mask of seeking alterations popular in some parts but inadmissible in other parts of the Union might have a dangerous opportunity of sapping the very foundations of the fabric. Under all these circumstances it seems scarcely to be presumable that the deliberations of the body could be conducted in harmony, or terminate in the general good. Having witnessed the difficulties and dangers experienced by the first Convention which assembled under every propitious circumstance, I should tremble for the result of a Second, meeting in the present temper of America and under all the disadvantages I have mentioned.” ___ Madison’s letter to George Lee Turberville, dated November 2, 1788

The fact is, an Article V Convention is a very dangerous idea because:

1) there is no way to control an Article V convention;

2) that Congress and our Supreme Court [THE ESTABLISHMENT] would have extraordinary manipulative powers over the rules of a convention;

3) that every snake on earth with self-interests such as ACORN would be attracted to the convention as a delegate;

4) that an entirely new constitution and new government could be drawn up by the Convention;

5) that the convention could write a provision for a new government to assume existing states debts, especially unfunded pension liabilities, and use it to bribe a number of states into submission;

6) that adding amendments to our Constitution does absolutely nothing to correct the root cause of our miseries which is a failure to compel our existing federal government to be obedient to our existing Constitution;

7) and, we don’t even know the mode of ratification the convention would adopt to approve their doings, which could in fact be a mere majority vote by our existing Senate members. I say this because the Delegates sent to the convention in 1787 ignored the Articles of Confederation which were then in effect, and by its very wording was forbidden to be altered but by a unanimous consent of the States. Instead of following the Articles of Confederation, the delegates arbitrarily decided that the new constitution and new government they created would become effective if a mere nine States ratified what they did.

JWK

Chief Justice, Warren Burger, stated in 1988, “I have also repeatedly given my opinion that there is no effective way to limit or muzzle the actions of a Constitutional Convention. The Convention could make its own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the Convention to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the Convention would obey. After a Convention is convened, it will be too late to stop the Convention if we don’t like the agenda. The meeting in 1787 ignored the limit placed by the Confederation Congress ‘for the sole and express purpose.’ “

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I need to know about Levin:

What I take out of listening to that Levin clip is Michelle Bachmann saying Iran was months away from getting a nuclear weapon. Oops.

Bullshitter joins bull$#@! MSM

Is he gonna cry a lot like Glennn Bekkk? His show should be called The Wailing Wall either way.

Lame program. Perfect for a lousy news source.

You guys are really tough on Mark.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Teocon and hypocrite, whose number one priority, far above any other, is his opinion on what is best for Israel.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Levin makes me barf.

Except he made me laugh that time he tried to take on Tom Woods. Mistake.

Last edited by anaconda; 11-25-2017 at 01:12 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And this load of crap:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Teocon and hypocrite, whose number one priority, far above any other, is his opinion on what is best for Israel.
    I wonder why.......... /s

---

He reminds me of that neighbor that gets a hold of you, and rambles on forever.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I wonder why.......... /s

---

He reminds me of that neighbor that gets a hold of you, and rambles on forever.
    He always reminded me of the judge in what's up doc:

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Getting back to the desire by some to call a convention under Article V, should they not be able to defend their position and supply answers to the list of concerns in the OP?

JWK

Is anyone really going to go out and get cable just to watch this smelly boil of putrid puss?

I cannot think of a single scenario where I will ever again pay for cable or sat knowing that my $$$ are going to scum like this.

It is a shame about Levin . Guy spends hours a day talking about the Constitooootion ( as Savage says ) . Then says the guy who actually has a voting record defending it ( Ron Paul ) is crazy . Reagan should have taught him better . Reagan was smart enough to know the Pubs needed to not do that to one another because the Dems do not .

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Is anyone really going to go out and get cable just to watch this smelly boil of putrid puss?

I cannot think of a single scenario where I will ever again pay for cable or sat knowing that my $$$ are going to scum like this.
    No , nobody is getting cable for that .

Levin comes from a small group of neocons that like to say they are reformed neocons that "just didn't know" about state power abuses under Bush and are using this to gain support in the new right/Trump movement, as they want to label themselves outsiders to gain viewership. Some other of these in the same category are Hannity, Glenn Beck to some degree, and even John "I'm a libertarian" Bolton.

Whether or not they have actually committed to any real change in their thinking is up to the listener/viewer, but as pointed out above, the hostility and contempt these neocons had for Dr. Paul and libertarians in general was palpable during 07/08 and it's hard to forgive this type of behavior to those that were paying attention during those years, regardless of any perceived reform.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You insult smelly boils of putrid puss. Levin's laughably sophomoric shows are as tortuous as Glenn Beck's. So daft and without content as to be cringe worthy.

I'm surprised people are more anti-Levin than anti-Trump. At least Levin occasionally says some decent things.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the Levin of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    You insult smelly boils of putrid puss. Levin's laughably sophomoric shows are as tortuous as Glenn Beck's. So daft and without content as to be cringe worthy.
    My apologies to puss.

Flashback: Didn't Levin and Beck both take direct payments from Hillary's people to trash Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    You guys are really tough on Mark.

JWK

]
    He's a neocon.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    Getting back to the desire by some to call a convention under Article V, should they not be able to defend their position and supply answers to the list of concerns in the OP?

JWK
    Concerns?

You already listed them in seven bullet points in your OP.

tl;dr version - The worst thing you could possibly do is let this current crop of Idiot AmeriKunts and SJWs anywhere near the CONstitution and especially the Bill of Rights. For all its faults, I'll stick with it. What would come out of a latter day con-con would resemble some bastard hybrid of the UN charter and the old Soviet constitution.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-26-2017 at 11:59 AM.

smelly boil of putrid puss?
    Puss

Putrid pus.

(well, not gonna post that)

Damn. I hate when I make a mistake like this.

My only excuse is that I can't really remember ever writing the word pus before.

Rookie mistake.

Perhaps I will find an image to convey my thoughts on pus...........

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shawn Hannity calls him 'The Great One', thats good enough for me.

Flashback: Didn't Levin and Beck both take direct payments from Hillary's people to trash Trump?
    A few more examples of how these pundits seem to be shills for hire

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...rinciples-pac/
    ♦ The Senate Conservatives Fund (PAC) purchasing massive quantities ($400,000) of Mark Levin’s books in exchange for favorable candidacy political opinion. Conveniently Hidden by the radio host who avoids mentioning the financial conflict created.
    Then again, Levin never informed his audience of his family working within the Staff of Senator Ted Cruz either. Does Levin’s endorsement, when contrast against the crony-constitutional advocacy, clarify with a little sunlight? You decide.

♦ Or how about the Breitbart Media enterprise being run via an $11 million purchase from Billionaire Robert Mercer, who also funded Ted Cruz’s Super-PAC “Keep The Promise 1”, to the tune of $10 million. Little overlooked facts, never openly shared for news consumers to determine source motive.

♦ Maybe the Ben Shapiro website “The Daily Wire“, being funded by the billionaire Wilks Brothers, Levi and Farris, in Texas. Who also fund Ted Cruz and his Super-PAC “Keep The Promise”. Shapiro never publicly disclosed the financial/content conflict, or the extent therein. Could Shapiro support any other candidate other than who his content owners approved of? Again, you decide.

♦ The Chairman of Glenn Beck’s Mercury One charity, David Barton, jointly running the Pro-Ted Cruz Super-PAC “Keep The Promise”; also never put into the sunlight by Glenn Beck or his various media enterprises so the consuming audience could filter presented political opinion through the filter of fiduciary connections.

Concerns?

tl;dr version - The worst thing you could possibly do is let this current crop of Idiot AmeriKunts and SJWs anywhere near the CONstitution and especially the Bill of Rights. For all its faults, I'll stick with it. What would come out of a latter day con-con would resemble some bastard hybrid of the UN charter and the old Soviet constitution.

If our Global Governance Crowd gets their way, and they have been trying to get a constitutional convention convened for decades, their changes to our system of government are found in The Constitution of the New States of America

JWK

Succinctly put

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I'm surprised people are more anti-Levin than anti-Trump. At least Levin occasionally says some decent things.
    That's only because Levin's smarter than Trump, but they're essentially the same thing (i.e. self-serving, principle-free scum).

Concerns?

The best you could possibly hope for would be to preface each item in the Bill of Rights with "Seriously, this is what we mean, exactly as written".

More likely is that they would codify all of the current erosion of the Bill of Rights, and probably eliminate the Second altogether. And no doubt Darth Bader Ginsberg would be first in line with her rewrite. It would be a bunch of meaningless, ambiguous snowflake SJW nonsense, with each concluding with "but some animals are more equal than others".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It is a shame about Levin . Guy spends hours a day talking about the Constitooootion ( as Savage says ) . Then says the guy who actually has a voting record defending it ( Ron Paul ) is crazy . Reagan should have taught him better . Reagan was smart enough to know the Pubs needed to not do that to one another because the Dems do not .
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Not sure how you determined that. Levin does say a lot of good things, but he is deceptive and manipulative when it comes to his priorities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast