Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat

This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat

Seeking to prove that a conspiracy of astronauts fabricated the shape of the Earth, a California man intends to launch himself 1,800 feet high on Saturday in a rocket he built from scrap metal.
    Assuming the 500-mph, mile-long flight through the Mojave Desert does not kill him, Mike Hughes told the Associated Press, his journey into the atmosflat will mark the first phase of his ambitious flat-Earth space program.
    Hughes’s ultimate goal is a subsequent launch that puts him miles above the Earth, where the 61-year-old limousine driver hopes to photograph proof of the disc we all live on.
    “It’ll shut the door on this ball earth,” Hughes said in a fundraising interview with a flat-Earth group for Saturday’s flight. Theories discussed during the interview included NASA being controlled by round-Earth Freemasons and Elon Musk making fake rockets from blimps.
    Hughes promised the flat-Earth community that he would expose the conspiracy with his steam-powered rocket, which will launch from a heavily modified mobile home — though he acknowledged that he still had much to learn about rocket science.

More at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.95cbe543e4d3
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have to wonder why he doesn't just use a balloon. He could get a lot higher with one of them than he could with his so called rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I have to wonder why he doesn't just use a balloon. He could get a lot higher with one of them than he could with his so called rocket.
    That's what she said.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Excellent , had I not read that I would not be aware that Freemasons had covered up for centuries that the earth was flat . Everyone else probably better steer clear of the Mojave until this guy kills himself .

I don't want to diminish his enthusiasm, but things become less interesting and hospitable the higher you go.

Perhaps this could be a life metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Agreed... Its difficult to rationalize the irrational.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I tried such when I was about(?) six.

My attempt was thwarted by my Mom. and on retrospect, my technology was flawed,, though the theory was right.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought the flat earth people were like pastrapharians, where it's more of a joke then a real belief

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    I thought the flat earth people were like pastrapharians, where it's more of a joke then a real belief
    It's probably a government false flag psyop.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There are probably hills at a higher elevation.

I wondered if any buildings are close to this. Just browsing Google shows that the new One World Trade Center is almost that high.

1,776 feet in reference to the Declaration of Independence.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

I guess nothing will help this guy.
    "I am a bird"

If he proves it's flat I'm jumping off the edge to see what happens.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Might be fun to dig a hole all the way through. Easy access to the back side of the earth.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Makes you wonder if there's land at the edge of the disc... Otherwise, why do we still have water ?!

Really. These people are nuts.
    "I am a bird"

You'd just land on another turtle dude.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    There are probably hills at a higher elevation.

The Mojave Desert is where Death Valley is.

I just visited there a couple months ago for the first time. I thought it was a big flat desert, but it's not.. There are giant mountains 4-5k feet tall surrounding the valley that goes down below sea level.

If you drive west of death valley, you go from 100+ feet below sea level up to about 4 or 5 thousand feet, then you go back down to another valley about 2000 feet above sea level, then you go back up to about 5 or 6 thousand feet, then you drop back down into a valley about 3,800 feet above sea level.. This is all in about an hour or so. Then you look to your west, and the tallest mountain in the US is sitting there at over 14,000 feet high (Mt. Whitney).

So this seems pretty ridiculous on its face.

edit: looks like he is still doing rocket tests..

Hughes’s ultimate goal is a subsequent launch that puts him miles above the Earth, where the 61-year-old limousine driver hopes to photograph proof of the disc we all live on.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-22-2017 at 01:27 PM.

You can't, it's guarded by the illuminati.

He's a latter-day flat-earther so to speak.

He's a recent convert, probably for the support.

I find him to be pretty amusing.

And he has bigger balls than the nayvee fighting skywriter.

You've neglected your runes? smh

May Darwin smile upon his endeavor!
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    And he has bigger balls than the nayvee fighting skywriter.
    Never confuse a dearth of brains with nerve, even though the former often leads to the appearance of the latter.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [...] the tallest mountain in the US is sitting there at over 14,000 feet high (Mt. Whitney).
    Denali (née McKinley) in Alaska is the tallest mountain in the US (over 20,000 feet). It is also the tallest in North America.

Whitney is only the tallest mountain in the 48 contiguous states. It is the 24th tallest in North America (18 of the tallest 23 are all in Alaska or Canada; the remaining 5 are all in Mexico).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-23-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    Nah, d00d. They're srs as a heart attack. They've got FB groups and webbernet sites too.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 11-23-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I guess nothing will help this guy.
    No, but his recycling will be good for the universe.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    So Earth is flat but none of the other minimally bacterial life supporting planets like Mars are flat?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast