Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He did it!

"Am I glad I did it? Yeah. I guess. I'll feel it in the morning. I won't be able to get out of bed. At least I can go home and have dinner and see my cats tonight."

Success I guess - not knowing what was accomplished - but with a hard landing - back broke and taken from site on a stretcher ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I'm tired of people saying I chickened out and didn't build a rocket. I'm tired of that stuff. I manned up and did it."

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Awesome achievement. Seriously impressive. I don't remember hearing of anyone who privately built a rocket and launched themselves in it. He totally pushed the envelope in the best tradition.

I can't help loving how much venom Flat Earthers elicit from the general public. Online comments on articles about this launch are almost unanimously derisive and dismissive. It's amazing to hear loads of people actually express a sincere wish that he'd died in the effort.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

The self-taught engineer known as “Mad” Mike Hughes launched himself 1,875 feet into the sky Sunday, but his descent nearly turned disastrous as the ship came zooming back down to earth at a speed of 350 mph.
    The 61-year-old deployed parachutes to slow down but crash landed in the Mojave Desert, just east of Los Angeles.
    In video of the descent, response teams in the desert are seen rushing over to help as bystanders cheer him on, but the rocket man fears he has broken his back.

He wants to raise $2 million to launch a rocket into space to prove his theory that the Earth is flat.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-mad-...182000969.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Awesome achievement. Seriously impressive. I don't remember hearing of anyone who privately built a rocket and launched themselves in it.
    I do.

some guy named Evel Knievel

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

A self-styled daredevil died Saturday after a rocket in which he launched himself crashed into the ground, a colleague and a witness said.“Mad" Mike Hughes died after the homemade rocket crashed on private property near Barstow about 1:52 p.m. near Highway 247, the Daily Press of Victorville reported.
    Waldo Stakes, a colleague who was at the rocket launch, said Hughes, 64, was killed.
    “It was unsuccessful, and he passed away," Stakes told The Associated Press. He declined further comment.
    Justin Chapman, a freelance journalist, told the AP that he and his wife witnessed the crash.
    The rocket appeared to rub against the launch apparatus, which might have torn the parachutes attached to it, Chapman said.
    The rocket came straight down into the ground, Chapman said.
    According to a San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department statement, deputies were called to the event.
    “A man was pronounced deceased after the rocket crashed in the open desert during a rocket launch event,” the statement said. The sheriff’s department did not identify the person who died.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/self-styled-d...041546544.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

we should send @oyarde on one of these missions, a first for an Injun. GoFundMe anyone?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The earth is still not flat. Sorry Mike...
    "The Patriarch"

Flat earther Mike Hughes dies as home made rocket he is attached to crashes in the desert near Barstow at 1:52 pm Sat .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    we should send @oyarde on one of these missions, a first for an Injun. GoFundMe anyone?
    In flight missile repairmen is clearly an Air Force job so I am not qualified .
    Do something Danke

rip
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    San Bernardino Co Sheriff rumored to be investigating ties to Danke .
    Do something Danke

In other California news , 5 hospitalized when stung by swarm of 40k Africanized bees outside Howard Johnson near the college in Pasadena . Fire Dept said never such an aggressive or large swarm of African bees had been seen in the area. The hive is in the hotel wall . Is the end near ? Yahoo News headline " Latinos , Sanders secret weapon in Nevada , could make him unstoppable on Super Tue "
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-23-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    Do something Danke

Yahoo Finance headline " Bernie Sanders possibly running against President Trump is starting to scare investors " .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The earth is still not flat. Sorry Mike...
    But he is...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    But he is...
    Is now..

and knows better too.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Imagine the thoughts that were running through his head when he came to the realization that he about to be flattened like a pancake.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Imagine the thoughts that were running through his head when he came to the realization that he about to be flattened like a pancake.
    Do you think he got up high enough to realize the earth is actually round first?

Maybe that's why he didn't pull the shoots.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you think he got up high enough to realize the earth is actually round first?

Maybe that's why he didn't pull the shoots.
    Here is an illustrative story I hope most people would not allow themselves to fall into after all they have seen here – Daredevil and Flat Earth theorist “Mad” Mike Hughes dies in rocket crash. He had a parachute on his rocket that was supposed to pop at apogee, and float him back down. It popped a moment after launch and was blown from the rocket by the exhaust, leaving him to follow the trajectory at full speed into the ground. I suspect the reason he died was contained in the story, and by now nobody here would have found themselves in this position. From the story – “The Flat Earth thing is like everything else to me,” Hughes told CBS News in October 2018. “I just want people to question everything. Question what your congressman is doing, your city council. Question what really happened during the Civil War. What happened during 9/11.Don’t drop redpolls like that, and then strap yourself to a sabotageable rocket, and fire yourself into the air while it is being videotaped.

More at: https://www.anonymousconservative.co...comment-340984

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123