Thread: Canadian Mom Sentenced

LibForestPaul

Canadian Mom Sentenced

Canadian Mom found guilty of negligence in sons strep throat case.

Conjecture, that the judgement of negligence is sound and true.

What interest does the state have in the sentence handed down by the crown?
    What role does punishment play in a society?
    In a libertarian society, who would need to be made whole? If a person dies, who gains the ordered restitution?
    In a libertarian society, could punishment, i.e. non-monetary restitution, caning, jail, even slavery play a role?

How are the rights of a child handled in a libertarian society when they denied by a parent or care-giver? Who is to be the child's advocate?

Does the small percentage of parents who will severely abuse or neglect their children warrant a discussion? i.e. If 99.9999% of parents are in general, performing their duties to their offspring, does society need to accept the .0001% of children who will be severely abused and neglected in order to allow the majorities liberties to stay intact and unabridged by the state?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you have a link to the story?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

fake news
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The secret reason we treat strep throat

http://www.chadhayesmd.com/infection...-strep-throat/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There is more to this story they are not telling. This child could have had a compromised immune system prior to the strep infection.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

There's enough data to make a case - why is it even necessary for government to be involved? To the OP's point, how much more will this mother learn, and what does society gain, by the mother's punishment? Kids are sick all the fking time - especially in the US where most people have poor hygiene. Why is there always a government answer to every fking tragedy? Fk you, Kristine Eidsvik... You're not fit for the bench.

My takeaway from this tragedy is to always weigh risks/rewards. I actually adopted this philosophy from Ben Franklin's biography - well before this poor woman lost her child. Still, those who have not read Franklin's bio might be affected the same way I had been - using this tragedy to help individuals make better decisions for their families. As if going to jail or paying a fine is a greater punishment than losing one's child... Useless idiot.

The Franklin reference:

Quote Originally Posted by 'http://www.ushistory.org/franklin/autobiography/page47.htm'
    In 1736 I lost one of my sons, a fine boy of four years old, by the smallpox, taken in the common way. I long regretted bitterly, and still regret, that I had not given it to him by inoculation. This I mention for the stake of parents who omit that operation, on the supposition that they should never forgive themselves if a child died under it ; my example showing that the regret may be the same either way, and that, therefore, the safer should be chosen.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"