Thread: Apple Fired Its Black Diversity Chief After She Said Whites Can Be Diverse

Apple Fired Its Black Diversity Chief After She Said Whites Can Be Diverse

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/19/ap...an-be-diverse/

11/19/2017

Apple fired its diversity chief shortly after she made statements allowing that white people can come from a diversity of backgrounds.

“There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blond men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation,” diversity and inclusion chief, Denise Young Smith, recently said at a summit in Columbia according to the New York Post.

“Diversity is the human experience … I get a little bit frustrated when diversity or the term diversity is tagged to the people of color, or the women, or the LGBT,” she added, according to Quartz.

Her remarks did not sit well with some who interpreted her language as sign of support for what many consider a male hierarchy at the tech giant, given that most of the leadership positions are not held by minorities. As of 2017, 3 percent of Apple’s leaders were black, and 23 percent of total tech jobs were filled by women, according to Fortune.

Smith previously headed up Apple’s worldwide Human Resources for 20 years, never running into problematic statements with the company or its higher ups. Smith later apologized for her statements, saying they “were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it,” the Post reported. Smith was hired in May and will leave the position at the end of the year, making her tenure six months.

“We deeply believe that diversity drives innovation,” an Apple spokesman told TechCrunch in a statement, explaining that they have hired a new chief who will work “toward a more diverse workplace.”

Apple’s latest diversity report says that “50% of new hires are from historically underrepresented groups in tech.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blond men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation,” diversity and inclusion chief, Denise Young Smith, recently said at a summit in Columbia according to the New York Post.
    Smith later apologized for her statements, saying they “were not representative of how I think about diversity or how Apple sees it,”
    I can't die soon enough

Diversity doesn't drive innovation what a crock of $#@!.
    No - No - No - No

Double plus ungood speak from the Apple political officer. She should have known that she was not authorized to alter the definition of key newspeak terminology without permission from the collective. She must confess her crimes and attend re-education at The Ministry of Love.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This just shows the ignorance of the left. All blue-eyed blondes do not necessarily come from the same culture. They could be anywhere from Russia to Scandavia or Britain.

Just like all Africans are not of the same culture. Even within the same country, you will find a lot of people groups with unique language and culture.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's what happens when you judge by skin color.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can't die soon enough
    I'm praying for a solar EMP.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sooner or later.......

Sweet Meteor of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can't die soon enough
    I share and understand that sentiment, I really do.

At the same time, I've found that the less $#@!s given about a particular crisis, which seem to be never ending, goes a long to enjoying what is good.

A good day is still a long ride on country roads on the two wheeler, teaching my daughter to drive, seeing my son achieve his goals, a good meal, a better drink and and an even better cigar.

There are a number of good things that have been taken from me, either by my own doing, or through actions of others, and that pisses me off.

But I've, more and more, become resigned to the fact that the most I will be able to do about any of this is provide minor commentary on the continuing crisis and decline.

We both suffer the bad luck of having been born at the tail end of a dying empire.

Could be worse.

Could have been Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany or Khmer Rouge Cambodia I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I share and understand that sentiment, I really do.

At the same time, I've found that the less $#@!s given about a particular crisis, which seem to be never ending, goes a long to enjoying what is good.

A good day is still a long ride on country roads on the two wheeler, teaching my daughter to drive, seeing my son achieve his goals, a good meal, a better drink and and an even better cigar.

There are a number of good things that have been taken from me, either by my own doing, or through actions of others, and that pisses me off.

But I've, more and more, become resigned to the fact that the most I will be able to do about any of this is provide minor commentary on the continuing crisis and decline.

We both suffer the bad luck of having been born at the tail end of a dying empire.

Could be worse.

Could have been Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany or Khmer Rouge Cambodia I suppose.
    I agree with all you say. I really don't have any more $#@!s to give, except as you say, provide commentary. As to the last. That is yet to be seen.

I agree with all you say. I really don't have any more $#@!s to give, except as you say, provide commentary. As to the last. That is yet to be seen.
    For all the bull$#@! and bluster and bravado that streams across the interwebs every day, disregard all of that and trust me on this:

If I am alive when that day comes, the $#@!ers will get hot lead as my last, final and un-editable commentary on their sick, corrupt evil machinations.

A final $#@! YOU punctuated by burning nitrocellose and the sonic crack of 180 grains of .308 traveling at 3000 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    For all the bull$#@! and bluster and bravado that streams across the interwebs every day, disregard all of that and trust me on this:

If I am alive when that day comes, the $#@!ers will get hot lead as my last, final and un-editable commentary on their sick, corrupt evil machinations.

A final $#@! YOU punctuated by burning nitrocellose and the sonic crack of 180 grains of .308 traveling at 3000 fps.
    Ayup, right there with you. I just hate the slow slog towards the inevitable. I ain't getting any younger and would just as soon be done with it. For better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Diversity doesn't drive innovation what a crock of $#@!.
    Back to the wall desperation drives innovation. Ask anybody.

blue-eyed, blond men
    Its true. The blue-eyed, blonde men life experience is industrially tailored to compliment a range of eye and hair colors in the boardroom. You won't find blue eyed blonde men opinions in any other combination of choices. Order yours today.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 11-19-2017 at 06:32 PM.

A position that shouldn’t have existed yet undoubtedly will be filled.

It’s laughable, really.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And in before Zippy brings up a completely unrelated column as if it relates to this story to then never appear in the thread again.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    And in before Zippy brings up a completely unrelated column as if it relates to this story to then never appear in the thread again.
    Zippy - a naughty flasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Double plus ungood speak from the Apple political officer. She should have known that she was not authorized to alter the definition of key newspeak terminology without permission from the collective. She must confess her crimes and attend re-education at The Ministry of Love.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows