Thread: Couple Handcuffed, Home Invaded after Nationwide Ins. Agent Mistakes Flowerbed as Marijuana

Couple Handcuffed, Home Invaded after Nationwide Ins. Agent Mistakes Flowerbed as Marijuana

A horticulturally ignorant Nationwide insurance adjuster, Jonathan Yeamans, came to the couple’s house to assess a fallen tree. He saw hibiscus flower plants he though was “suspicious” and so notified the police that it was marijuana and provided photos.

The Buffalo Township police, who ought to know the difference between hibiscus flowers and marijuana, proved just as ignorant and incompetent. In response to the photo, the police sent an assault team with rifles drawn. They handcuffed and placed the elderly couple in a police cruiser for over four hours while searching the home and damaging the premises. The couple insisted these were ordinary hibiscus flower plants, but officers called them liars and told Ms. Cramer her husband had been lying to her.

Eventually a police sergeant informed the Department that hibiscus flower plants are not marijuana, and they released the handcuffed couple to their damaged home without any charges.

Even after its adjuster’s accusations were proven false, Nationwide Insurance, which initiated the fiasco, nevertheless then notified the couple three weeks later that marijuana was found on their property and it would be cancelling their insurance until the plants were removed.
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/...falo-township/

Last edited by AZJoe; 11-18-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That doesn't look like any hibiscus leaf I've ever seen. It's not pot, but it doesn't look like hibiscus, either.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That doesn't look like any hibiscus leaf I've ever seen. It's not pot, but it doesn't look like hibiscus, either.
    You've probably seen the broader leaf varieties. There are several hundred different types of hibiscus.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I hope they get a huge settlement and the insurance company raises it's rates on all their customers to pay for it.

See something, say something. Even if you don't know what the he'll you're talking about. In Soviet America the freedom is stifling.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/...falo-township/

The Cramers say they have lost their faith in police.

“I’m starting to understand why a lot of the public do not trust the police officers,” Audrey said. “I’m starting to see a lot on TV where I thought, ‘No, you have to be wrong because the police wouldn’t make such a bad mistake.’ Yeah, they would.”

The Cramers are suing Buffalo Township Police, Yeamans and Nationwide Insurance.
    FJB

That guy Yeamans would be cowering in a hole like Saddam when I found him .