Thread: Scythian Gold Treasure Sparks Diplomatic Spat Between Russia and the Netherlands

Scythian Gold Treasure Sparks Diplomatic Spat Between Russia and the Netherlands

Moscow has accused the Netherlands of seizing gold artifacts claimed by the Kremlin following Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014.
    A collection of gold that dates back to the Scythian era in the fourth century B.C. was on display in Amsterdam when Moscow invaded Crimea and annexed it from Ukraine almost three years ago.
    A Dutch court ruled last year that Ukraine was the rightful owner of the ancient treasure and it should not be returned to the territory while it is occupied by Russia.

Moscow, meanwhile, claims that as Crimea is part of Russia, the artifacts should be returned.

More at: http://www.newsweek.com/ancient-gold...sia-and-714605
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    --double post--
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 11-18-2017 at 08:02 AM.

We rule this gold isn't yours and that we should keep it. - says every government ever

Schliemann's gold magically appeared in Moscow. Maybe the Russians should return that $#@! to Germany.

Makes no sense at all . The Scythians ( nomadic iranian war like peoples ) are of no relation to anyone in Crimea or Russia today . I will offer to store this gold and settle this dispute .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-18-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Makes no sense at all . The Scythians ( nomadic iranian war like peoples ) are of no relation to anyone in Crimea or Russia today . I ill offer to store this gold and settle this dispute .
    Its probably old war spoils been sitting in Stalin's attic.