Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    You can call me Buttered Gizzards

Mine is "Sugared Succotash McGee". Good lord.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oyarde was a paint salesman?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Oyarde was a paint salesman?
    I could have , but the colors are off a little on the head dress in the advertisement , the bottom colors are similar to Cheyenne but from there up resembles more Flathead.

No wild turkeys were pardoned at the end of my 12 Ga in the woods here this year .

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nothing that crazy. They would just steal all their heads and hide them from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    it all makes sense now. Wednesday is living in the Atlanta area.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I could have , but the colors are off a little on the head dress in the advertisement , the bottom colors are similar to Cheyenne but from there up resembles more Flathead.
    His head does look pretty flat at that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving! I'm on strike this year. Tired of screwing my back up every year lifting the stupid turkey. I still have herniated discs from 3 years ago hauling one up the stairs.

Will probably order in.
    And you are just the market Butter Ball was hoping for when they introduced their turkey nuggets!

Happy Thanksgiving all around.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Knock it off, if he gets mad he won't teach us how to plant corn and use dead fish for fertilizer.
    Danke will have to bring me a lot of ammo and fire water if he expects I am going to teach him to grow squash , beans and corn . Things are going to be bad where he lives when the collapse comes .

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    And you are just the market Butter Ball was hoping for when they introduced their turkey nuggets!

Happy Thanksgiving all around.

XNN
    I ended up caving and made dressing, gravy, sweet potatoes, and bought the precooked turkey breast and a boneless ham. I just like my own dressing. (I like cornbread dressing super moist with lots of sage) I make my sweet potatoes whipped with a pecan glaze. Bought a peach cobbler. I skipped several other dishes though.
    its warming in the oven and my kitchen is clean.

We had lasagna, German potato salad, carrot salad, a variety of homemade pickles, and key lime pie for desert. Very non-traditional!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't want to be "Buttered Gravy Heap" but if the internet says it's so, it must be so.

Happy Thanksgiving to you that are still around and about. I haven't been on in 10 months and figured it would be interesting to say hello again.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I don't want to be "Buttered Gravy Heap" but if the internet says it's so, it must be so.

Happy Thanksgiving to you that are still around and about. I haven't been on in 10 months and figured it would be interesting to say hello again.
    Well, hello, stranger! Good to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post

Melissa! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and everyone else. Hope you all got to see family and enjoy great food.

My older brother fell asleep with his lady friend in a easy chair after dinner so we all congregated around them and took the obligatory family photo with them as the centerpiece.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 11-23-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Jeez, how could I forget to post this on thanksgiving?

Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'd rather have a one time ass rape and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Your quotation is totally out of context.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your quotation is totally out of context.
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Which one?
    Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving

Originally Posted by phill4paul

I'd rather have a one time ass rape and be done with it.

Phill was expressing that sentiment about a divorce in his family not thanksgiving.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Phill was expressing that sentiment about a divorce in his family not thanksgiving.
    Whoa, my bad.

See, I posted the Anchorman photo because I was making a serious point.

Thanks for the correction.

And just to avoid any further confusion, I'm not really Gene Wilder.

...it's just a meme which humans sometimes use to express certain thoughts, like coh-medic disdain.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast