Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 Best Benefits Of Peanut Butter

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I'd have to go with purple wine (well, blueberry or some other berry) Grapes give me hives
    Blueberry sounds good. I believe they are loaded with resveratrol, which is touted as a major anti-aging antioxidant.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Peanut-butter makes old/worn plastic bumpers look new longer than Armorall and the like for pennies on the dollar

That's damn interesting. I think there are too many squirrels around here though. I'd hate to think what they would do to the plastics.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's damn interesting. I think there are too many squirrels around here though. I'd hate to think what they would do to the plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Well, not totally urban here, and my .22 rimfire works fine. But, I'm gonna give peanut butter a try next spring. It's certainly a hell lot less expensive than the MacQuires Black product I use now.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Can same benefits be obtained by just eating peanuts?
    That's one of my fav snack.
    Mine too. Always a bag on hand. The lady of the house won't let me throw the shells on the floor like they do at my favorite local watering hole though.

I've been on a peanut butter kick lately. I've been giving my doge some every night to help him keep some weight on and I've been getting myself a spoon. I need to keep it in the kitchen because we were running out of spoons and I had to go collect my dirty pb spoons I'd scattered around the house - one on my nightstand, one on the table on the stair landing, one on top of the washer, one on my vanity...I'm pretty sure that's how you get ants.

I like crunchy on a spoon and creamy on a sammich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I've been on a peanut butter kick lately. I've been giving my doge some every night to help him keep some weight on and I've been getting myself a spoon. I need to keep it in the kitchen because we were running out of spoons and I had to go collect my dirty pb spoons I'd scattered around the house - one on my nightstand, one on the table on the stair landing, one on top of the washer, one on my vanity...I'm pretty sure that's how you get ants.

I like crunchy on a spoon and creamy on a sammich.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Some of us are too lazy to even deal with shells

I loved the hot roasted peanuts that an old African American gent sold at the flea market in Lexington NC some years ago. I particularly liked the sweet slightly burnt ones that come up every now and then....the canned ones suck in comparison. IMHO

No offense ED.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I loved the hot roasted peanuts that an old African American gent sold at the flea market in Lexington NC some years ago. I particularly liked the sweet slightly burnt ones that come up every now and then....the canned ones suck in comparison. IMHO

No offense ED.
    I prefer my peanuts boiled.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    it goes better with chocolate
    Ralph Mouth and Robby Benson are way ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I prefer my peanuts boiled.
    Mrs navy loves hers raw.....

Peanuts can kill people! We should ban them! They are not even required to report how many people die from peanuts! The government is trying to coverup this toxic substance! https://health.howstuffworks.com/dis...-allergies.htm

Estimates say that in the United States, thousands of people visit the emergency room annually because of allergic reactions to food. Somewhere around 150 to 200 people die in the U.S. each year because of food allergies. It's estimated that around 50 percent to 62 percent of those fatal cases of anaphylaxis were caused by peanut allergies. Meanwhile, around 10 people in the United Kingdom die each year because of food allergies. However, these figures are not completely reliable, in part because allergic deaths aren't considered reportable events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Peanuts can kill people! We should ban them! They are not even required to report how many people die from peanuts! The government is trying to coverup this toxic substance! https://health.howstuffworks.com/dis...-allergies.htm
    They're already banned in most schools.

Avoidance is not the solution. Peanut allergies soared in countries where parents were told to avoid giving peanuts to kids out of fear of them being allergic- turns out, exposing them to peanuts makes them more immune to being allergic to them. Probably works with other allergy items too. The body gets used to them.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lth-guidelines

Give babies peanut-based foods early to prevent allergies, doctors suggest

Most babies should start eating peanut-containing foods well before their first birthdays, according to new guidelines that aim to protect high-risk tots and other youngsters from developing the dangerous food allergy.

The guidelines from the US National Institutes of Health mark a shift in dietary advice, based on landmark research that found early exposure dramatically lowers a baby’s chances of becoming allergic.

The recommendations released on Thursday spell out exactly how to introduce infants to peanut-based foods and when – for some, as early as four to six months of age – depending on whether they’re at high, moderate or low risk of developing one of the most troublesome food allergies.

“We’re on the cusp of hopefully being able to prevent a large number of cases of peanut allergy,” said Dr Matthew Greenhawt of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, a member of the NIH-appointed panel that wrote the guidelines.

Babies at high risk – because they have a severe form of the skin rash eczema or egg allergies – need a checkup before any peanut exposure, and might get their first taste in the doctor’s office.

For other children, most parents can start adding peanut-containing foods to the diet muchas they already introduced oatmeal or mushed peas.

Instead of whole peanuts, which are choking hazards, the guidelines suggest options like watered-down peanut butter or easy-to-gum peanut-flavored “puff” snacks.

“It’s an important step forward,” said Dr Anthony Fauci, director of NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which appointed experts to turn the research findings into user-friendly guidelines. “When you do desensitize them from an early age, you have a very positive effect.”
    More at link.

Food allergies were unheard of 150 years ago. People ate a locally grown seasonal diet. Natural immunity was in place. These days we have no idea where our food comes from, and I think that's why food allergies are so widespread today. Someone growing up in Georgia on a peanut farm would probably not be allergic to those peanuts, but might be highly allergic to peanuts from Africa.

When there is a suspicion of food allergies go local and go seasonal. Buy directly from the source, if you can.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Food allergies were unheard of 150 years ago. People ate a locally grown seasonal diet. Natural immunity was in place. These days we have no idea where our food comes from, and I think that's why food allergies are so widespread today. Someone growing up in Georgia on a peanut farm would probably not be allergic to those peanuts, but might be highly allergic to peanuts from Africa.

When there is a suspicion of food allergies go local and go seasonal. Buy directly from the source, if you can.
    A lot of what people think are food allergies aren't really allergies. "I get gas when I eat such and such" is not an allergy. Being cleaner today also means our bodies are not exposed to things as much and can't develop its own immunity against them. Go play outside. Get dirty. Touch things.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Avoidance is not the solution. Peanut allergies soared in countries where parents were told to avoid giving peanuts to kids out of fear of them being allergic- turns out, exposing them to peanuts makes them more immune to being allergic to them. Probably works with other allergy items too. The body gets used to them.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lth-guidelines

More at link.
    I agree. I remember when my first son was a baby and I got all kinds of lectures about what not to feed him in case of allergies. OMG strawberries! OMG peanut butter! I tried telling my mom and she just rolled her eyes and poked it in him.

I didn't know of any kids who had food allergies when I was in school. I suspect some of it is parents just saying it's an allergy to cool. Apparently, that kind of bs got so bad at my nieces school, they make parents bring a note from the doctor saying it's a real allergy and not some parent being a $#@!ing freak.

Suz, here in the South we have a very long growing season and soil that will support almost any crop. We are way more fortunate than people in areas where farming is just not very common.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-20-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

THE RISE OF VACCINES
    The big change came with vaccines. Peanut oils were introduced as vaccine excipients in the mid 1960s. An article appeared in the NY Times on 18 Sept, 1964 that would never be printed today. [8] The author described how a newly patented ingredient containing peanut oil was added as an adjuvant to a new flu vaccine, in order to prolong the “immunity.” The oil was reported to act as a time release capsule, and theoretically enhanced the vaccine’s strength. Same mechanism as with penicillin.

That new excipient, though not approved in the US, became the model for subsequent vaccines. ([1] p 103)

By 1980 peanut oil had become the preferred excipient in vaccines, even though the dangers were well documented. [9] It was considered an adjuvant – a substance able to increase reactivity to the vaccine. This reinforced the Adjuvant Myth: the illusion that immune response is the same as immunity [2].

The pretense here is that the stronger the allergic response to the vaccine, the greater will be the immunity that is conferred. This fundamental error is consistent throughout vaccine literature of the past century.

Historically, researchers who challenged this Commandment of vaccine mythology did not advance their careers.

KEEPING PEANUT ADJUVANTS A SECRET

The first study of peanut allergies was not undertaken until 1973. It was a study of peanut excipients in vaccines. Soon afterwards, and as a result of the attention from that study, manufacturers were no longer required to disclose all the ingredients in vaccines.

What is listed in the Physicians Desk Reference in each vaccine section is not the full formula. Same with the inserts. Suddenly after 1973, that detailed information was proprietary: the manufacturers knew it must be protected. Intellectual property. So now they only were required to describe the formula in general.

Why was peanut allergy so violent? Adjuvant pioneer Maurice Hilleman claimed peanut oil adjuvants had all protein removed by refining. [9] The FDA disagreed. They said some peanut protein traces would always persist [10]- that even the most refined peanut oils still contained some traces of intact peanut proteins. This was the reason doctors were directed to inject vaccines intramuscular rather than intravenous – a greater chance of absorption of intact proteins, less chance of reaction.

But all their secret research obviously wasn’t enough to prevent sensitivity. Mother Nature bats last: no intact proteins in the body. 60 million years of Natural Selection didn’t create the mammalian immune system for nothing. Put intact proteins, peanut or whatever, for any imagined reason into the human system and the inflammatory response will fire. And since the goal of oil emulsion adjuvants was to prolong reactivity in the first place – the notion of time-release – this led to sensitization.

PEANUT ALLERGY EPIDEMIC
    Although peanut allergies became fairly common during the 1980s, it wasn’t until the early 1990s when there was a sudden surge of children reacting to peanuts – the true epidemic appeared. What changed? The Mandated Schedule of vaccines for children doubled from the 80s to the 90s:

1980 – 20 vaccines
    1995 – 40 vaccines
    2011 – 68 vaccines

It would be imprudent enough to feed peanuts to a newborn, since the digestive system is largely unformed. But this is much worse – injecting intact proteins directly into the infant’s body. In 36 vaccines before the age of 18 months.

A new kind of anaphylaxis appeared with peanut reactions: reverse anaphylaxis. (p 172, [1]) The reaction was not only to the sensitizing antigen, but to the weird new antibodies that had just been introduced in the human species by the new antigen. Without the usual benefit of the evolutionary process.

As vaccines doubled between the 1980s and the 1990s, hundreds of thousands of kids were now exhibiting peanut sensitivities, with frequent cases of anaphylaxis reactions, sometimes fatal.

But nobody talked about it.

Following the next enormous increase in vaccines on the Mandated Schedule after 9/11, whereby the total shot up to 68 recommended vaccines, the peanut allergy soon reached epidemic proportions: a million children: 1.5% of them. These numbers fit the true definition of epidemic even though that word has never been used in mainstream literature with respect to peanut allergy, except in Fraser’s odd little book.

Many researchers, not just Heather Fraser, could see very clearly that “The peanut allergy epidemic in children was precipitated by childhood injections.” ( [1], p 106)

But with the newfound research, the medical profession will do what they always must do – bury it. Protect the companies. So no money will be ever allocated from NIH to study the obvious connection between vaccine excipients and peanut allergy. That cannot happen, primarily because it would require a control group – an unvaccinated population. And that is the Unspoken Forbidden.

Same line of reasoning that has prevented Wakefield’s work from ever being replicated in a mainstream US clinical study. No unvaccinated populations. Which actually means no studies whose outcome could possibly implicate vaccines as a source of disease or immunosuppression. Vaccines as a cause of an allergy epidemic? Impossible. Let’s definitely not study it.

Instead let’s spend the next 20 years looking for the Genetic Link to the childhood peanut allergy epidemic…

In such a flawed system, any pretense of true clinical science is revealed as fatally handicapped of course: we are looking for the truth, wherever our studies shall take us, except for this, and this, and oh yes, this.

Evidence for the connection between peanut excipients and vaccines is largely indirect today, because of the circling of the wagons by the manufacturers. It is very difficult to find peanut excipients listed in the inserts and PDR listings of vaccines. Simple liability.
    http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/aller...ergy-epidemic/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12