Thread: Trump lifts ban on importing elephant hunt trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia

Trump lifts ban on importing elephant hunt trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia

Donald Trump's administration is to allow the remains of endangered elephants legally hunted in two African countries to be imported to the US, reversing a ban introduced by Barack Obama.
    The US government has scrapped regulations which forbid elephant trophies being brought into the country from Zimbabwe and Zambia, arguing hunting could help conservation efforts.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...113652756.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    White House says decision to lift ban on elephant hunting trophies from Africa has not been 'finalized'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-says-decision-lift-ban-elephant-hunting-trophies-africa-not-finalized-225158478.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Finalize it .

Any legally hunted animal should be able to be brought to the land of the free yes ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Any legally hunted animal should be able to be brought to the land of the free yes ?
    Yup, Next on the list should be Polar Bear hides.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yup, Next on the list should be Polar Bear hides.
    No reason for that to be on any list . Polar Bear numbers are at all time highs .

No reason for that to be on any list . Polar Bear numbers are at all time highs .
    I meant on the list to lift the ban, precisely because of what you said and because if Canada and Russia let you hunt them then we have no business banning you from bringing back the trophy no matter how many are running around.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

America is so retarded , worried about a polar bear skin while they drink soft drinks made from aborted baby cells .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there still a market for Injun scalps?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Is there still a market for Injun scalps?
    I know as recent as 2009 in Nicollet County , they still paid three dollars each for pocket gopher tails in Lafeyette Township and Blue Earth County , Minnesota still paid a bounty. Been going on since 1909 .

I know as recent as 2009 in Nicollet County , they still paid three dollars each for pocket gopher tails in Lafeyette Township and Blue Earth County , Minnesota still paid a bounty. Been going on since 1909 .
    Pfft. You get $5 each for nutria tails in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Making hunting great again.

Ahh , I could go for a little Cape Buffalo hunting myself . I will take Danke along as a human shield since they gore 200 people a year .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-19-2017 at 12:16 AM.

If its legal in those countries, why make it illegal here? And this is only allowed on specific animal sanctuaries which can only support a specific population size, so when the population gets too large, they allow this hunting to occur which prevents other problems with the animals.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Wildlife conservationists have condemned the Trump administration's decision to quietly reverse an Obama-era ban on elephant trophy imports.
    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services reversed the ban at the start of this month, with the agency now expected to approve requests to bring body parts of African Elephants from Zimbabwe to the U.S. on a "case-by-case basis."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adm...105020244.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The supposed hunting helps conservation isn't all it's cracked up to be. With rampant corruption the sanctuaries are still having massive animal poaching and the "legal" hunting monies are being kept by the elites. I'm guessing Don Jr. Wants another big game hunt?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...babwe-namibia/
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.