Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Franken Accused of Groping, Forcibly Kissing Broadcaster Leeann Tweeden

Al Franken Accused of Groping, Forcibly Kissing Broadcaster Leeann Tweeden

Al Franken Accused of Groping, Forcibly Kissing Broadcaster Leeann Tweeden

Broadcaster Leeann Tweeden accused Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of groping her breasts and forcibly kissing her while the two were on a USO Tour in 2006.

Tweeden posted her account of what occurred on the KABC website, where she now works.
    Senator Al Franken Kissed and Groped Me Without My Consent, And There’s Nothing Funny About It
    By Leeann Tweeden

In December of 2006, I embarked on my ninth USO Tour to entertain our troops, my eighth to the Middle East since the 9/11 attacks. My father served in Vietnam and my then-boyfriend (and now husband, Chris) is a pilot in the Air Force, so bringing a ‘little piece of home’ to servicemembers stationed far away from their families was both my passion and my privilege.

Also on the trip were country music artists Darryl Worley, Mark Wills, Keni Thomas, and some cheerleaders from the Dallas Cowboys. The headliner was comedian and now-senator, Al Franken.

Franken had written some skits for the show and brought props and costumes to go along with them. Like many USO shows before and since, the skits were full of sexual innuendo geared toward a young, male audience.

As a TV host and sports broadcaster, as well as a model familiar to the audience from the covers of FHM, Maxim and Playboy, I was only expecting to emcee and introduce the acts, but Franken said he had written a part for me that he thought would be funny, and I agreed to play along.

When I saw the script, Franken had written a moment when his character comes at me for a ‘kiss’. I suspected what he was after, but I figured I could turn my head at the last minute, or put my hand over his mouth, to get more laughs from the crowd.

On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, “We need to rehearse the kiss.” I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, ‘Relax Al, this isn’t SNL…we don’t need to rehearse the kiss.’

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated.

Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldn’t kiss me on the lips.
    Franken repaid me with petty insults, including drawing devil horns on at least one of the headshots I was autographing for the troops.

But he didn’t stop there.
    I couldn’t believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep.

I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated.

How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?
    More: http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leean...or-al-franken/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Al Franken kissed me I would stick him in the neck .

Al, Al, Al.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

In my observation I am noticing the ones jumping up and down about others doing these dirty deeds are doing it because they think they can keep the heat off of them.

But it's not...

ETA: Good scene:

Last edited by donnay; 11-16-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Considering how left wing Hollywood and the entertainment industry is, there will be a tendency (and pressure) for people to not come forward in this case. But once these things get started, they tend to snowball.

Once a hysterical witch hunt gets started, it's hard to stop it. "OMG! Al Franken asked me to go to dinner. He is so disgusting. He had a room at the hotel next door, so I know what perversions he had in store for me. He made a joke about grape jelly, but I know what he was getting at. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And.. the Hollywood scandals have officially been handed off to the DC swamp.

So it begins..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Considering how left wing Hollywood and the entertainment industry is, there will be a tendency (and pressure) for people to not come forward in this case. But once these things get started, they tend to snowball.

Once a hysterical witch hunt gets started, it's hard to stop it. "OMG! Al Franken asked me to go to dinner. He is so disgusting. He had a room at the hotel next door, so I know what perversions he had in store for me. He made a joke about grape jelly, but I know what he was getting at. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it!"
    Seems to me the Liberals drew first blood.

However, the child trafficking is something that is the dark parts of hollyweird and capitol hill. This needs to be exposed (no pun intended).
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    In my observation I am noticing the ones jumping up and down about others doing these dirty deeds are doing it because they think they can keep the heat off of them.

But it's not...
    Most of it is pure politics.

But once they unleash a witch hunt like this, it will be hard to stop it. What's next? Make all rejected advances some kind of crime? It's completely subjective. A woman likes a man and he kisses her, it's the greatest thing in the world. She doesn't like him, it's an assault! If she's on the fence, it can go either way, depending upon the kiss. The idea of making an entirely common human interaction into some kind of scandal or punishable offense is insane.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Seems to me the Liberals drew first blood.
    It's in the leftist handbook.

Love Ben Shapiro's tweet on this:

"Ok Democrats... time to see just how totally full of crap you are."
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Love Ben Shapiro's tweet on this:

"Ok Democrats... time to see just how totally full of crap you are."
    My guess is that they will sacrifice Franken until the Roy Moore vote is over. Then all will be forgiven and forgotten.

But once they unleash a witch hunt like this, it will be hard to stop it. What's next? Make all rejected advances some kind of crime? It's completely subjective. A woman likes a man and he kisses her, it's the greatest thing in the world. She doesn't like him, it's an assault! If she's on the fence, it can go either way, depending upon the kiss. The idea of making an entirely common human interaction into some kind of scandal or punishable offense is insane.
    I honestly believe some of the cases are being used as a diversion. They certainly don't want Roy Moore in and they are freaking out that a lot of the creepy perverts are having lights shined on them. This is the deep state being exposed, IMHO.

Not to mention when the "accuracy of the people coming forward" becomes nearly indisputable, how long before they choose people they dont want around and just have some people make up stories about them, then prosecute and kill their reputation? ie. Anyone who is opposed to tptb.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

The idea of making an entirely common human interaction into some kind of scandal or punishable offense is insane.
    Idea?

It's already been done, both in law and the court of public opinion. Thanks to fourth wave feminism, all a female has to do is make one phone call, and she can utterly ruin a man's life, with no actual "crime" of any sort having had happened.

Woemen are toxic in this current Zietgiest we find ourselves.

They are to be avoided as vigorously as one would avoid cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Idea?

It's already been done, both in law and the court of public opinion. Thanks to fourth wave feminism, all a female has to do is make one phone call, and she can utterly ruin a man's life, with no actual "crime" of any sort having had happened.

LOL. I am not going to to let the fantasy world created by the media effect my real world.

It's all divide and conquer techniques by the left. The hysteria they attempt to create needs to be combatted with common sense and reality. Unfortunately, too many people fall into their traps. Avoid people who buy into the media bullsh!t.

But once they unleash a witch hunt like this, it will be hard to stop it. What's next?
    Creepy Joe Biden!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...73#post6552873

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Yeah, they have ignored him forever.

Radio host and former Playboy model says Democratic Senator Al Franken kissed and GROPED her while she was asleep and without consent during a USO tour to Afghanistan in 2006
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ROPED-her.html

She only came out because of his pompous remarks in the last couple of days.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

stoopid dupe posts
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-17-2017 at 01:06 AM.

She has pictures. He apologized.

And again...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-17-2017 at 01:07 AM.

What she should have said

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-16-2017 at 12:48 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Idea?

I am on both sides of this fence. When I worked in the corporate world there was a guy in upper management with the reputation. Everybody knew it, yet management ignored it. Women who complained to HR were invariably terminated for other causes. I'm not talking about lewd comments or off-color jokes here. This guy, who earned salary + commission over 1 mil every year, was a predator.

His secretary was a friend of mine. She was terrified of him. At the company you had to stay in a position for at least a year before you could transfer. She didn't make it. She quit.

I lived a dramatically misspent life and have been in endless situations where very bad things could have happened. They didn't. I'm not on the page that all men are predators....not at all. But this trend of not believing any woman that comes forward is equally despicable.

Full disclosure? I never said bad things didn't happen to me, just that they didn't happen to me in instances when it would be easy to blame the victim. The worst thing that happened to me happened as a teen, where my next door neighbor ... a kid I literally grew up with, lured me into his garage and then tried to rape me. Being a tomboy, I kicked and bit him,managed to grab a baseball bat, then ran home when he fell.

The other event that sticks out in my mind was emotional, not physical. I was called into an office of a man I respected and emulated. I considered him an unofficial mentor of sorts. I went in anticipating a discussion of career possibilities, hoping for a promotion. I was shattered to learn that despite the efforts I had made in education, dress and being the quintessential professional, he wanted nothing except sexual gratification. I got over it, I moved on, but if it becomes unsocially acceptable to behave like that then the world will be a better place.

What she should have said

She made every effort to distance herself from him for the duration of the trip.

FFS - she was asleep. He groped her and had the photographer snap a picture. She didn't know anything about it until she received the proof from the photographer.

AF, I love you like a brother, but this isn't the battle to pick.
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-16-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Speaking of broadcasters, the only thing worse than a sloppy failed pass, is to do it live on national television...

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    She made every effort to distance herself from him for the duration of the trip.

FFS - she was asleep. He groped her and had the photographer snap a picture. She didn't know anything about it until she received the proof from the photographer.
    Not to defend Franken or a joke in poor taste, but that picture does not show actual contact. Pretty obviously a joke. Poor taste, yes. Actual grope? Not in that picture at least.

Not to defend Franken or a joke in poor taste, but that picture does not show actual contact. Pretty obviously a joke. Poor taste, yes. Actual grope? Not in that picture at least.
    I actually expected Franken to make that defense. He didn't.

(ETA: And it does show contact.)
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-16-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

AF, I love you like a brother, but this isn't the battle to pick.
    Oh, don't misunderstand, I'm not defending Franken here, he's already established that he is a creep, by virtue of being a socialist, willing to take by force that which he has no right to, other people's freedom, money and land or in this case, their body.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast