View Poll Results: Would You Like To See A New Party Like That Described in the OP?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me policy and sanity, don't care about toilets

7 53.85%
  • No, LP/CP is fine

6 46.15%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time For A New Third Party?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    This part concerns me though:

Mises wrote, “If it were in any way possible to grant this right of self-determination to every individual person, it would have to be done.”
    That part?

The right isn't granted. It is inherent to what we are as individual beings, beholden to no others save that we bring no unjust harm. Autodiathism is the natural and proper state of a man.

Honestly, I am surprised that von Mises would write such a thing. Is this possibly a false attribution?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I think it is past time to end the party system. Period. Get rid of the low hanging fruit vote altogether. Make people become informed. Or, at the least, not create impediments to independents.
    I didn't see that option.
    Ideally, I agree.

Real world time: not going to happen. People are too bred to the Four Necessities for actual freedom.

The tendency for people to conglomerate into ever larger blocs is overwhelming. The only thing that seems to dull the drive forward (progressivism's truer meaning?) are major cataclysms such as the Black Plague. Even those have failed to halt the net "progress" of humans. It has had its advantages, to be sure - even to the $#@!-prole at the bottom of the heap, but I question whether the net results have been worth the price we have paid in so many ways, not the least of which has been our individual freedoms.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

more important is to change ballot access laws,

pcgame

probably better to run as an independent than as any political party

this guy probably isn't a libertarian, but close enough (hes not part of the establishment), he recently quit the republican party to challenge elizabeth warren as an independent:

http://vashiva.com/
    Last edited by pcgame; 12-01-2017 at 08:18 AM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not enough choices.

I say no.

But that doesn't mean I think LP/CP is fine.

More like LP/CP have shown us how pointless third parties are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123