Thread: Sex Toy Company Admits To Recording Users' Remote Sex Sessions, Calls It a 'Minor Bug'

Sex Toy Company Admits To Recording Users' Remote Sex Sessions, Calls It a 'Minor Bug'

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/11...it-a-minor-bug

According to Reddit user jolioshmolio, Hong Kong-based sex toy company Lovense's remote control vibrator app (Lovense Remote) recorded a use session without their knowledge. "An audio file lasting six minutes was stored in the app's local folder," reports The Verge. "The user says he or she gave the app access to the mic and camera but only to use with the in-app chat function and to send voice clips on command -- not constant recording when in use." The app's behavior appears to be widespread as several others confirmed it too. From the report:

A user claiming to represent Lovense responded and called this recording a "minor bug" that only affects Android users. Lovense also says no information or data was sent to the company's servers, and that this audio file exists only temporarily. An update issued today should fix the bug. This isn't Lovense's first security flub. Earlier this year, a butt plug made by the company -- the Hush -- was also found to be hackable. In the butt plug's case, the vulnerability had to do with Bluetooth, as opposed to the company spying on users.
    If people did what any of this tech did, they would instantly be scrutinized for Stalking. Why do we have such tolerance for Tech Stalking when we are still opposed as a society to one person stalking another person?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/11...it-a-minor-bug

If people did what any of this tech did, they would instantly be scrutinized for Stalking. Why do we have such tolerance for Tech Stalking when we are still opposed as a society to one person stalking another person?
    I have no idea. I also have no idea why one would want to connect their sex toys (butt plug?!) to the internet. o_O
    gave the app access to the mic and camera but only to use with the in-app chat function and to send voice clips on command
    What is this for? To chat with other masturbaters? And how do you hear it when someone chats back? Does the toy have a speaker or something?

It would freak me out if my vibrator started chatting with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This isn't Lovense's first security flub
    This is violation of privacy right.. but silverlining here maybe that the name of the company is not "Lovensa".

And hopefully they did not share data with foreign regimes and stripped all personal details before data was used/shared with affiliates.

..a report from British press that revealed the National Security Agency commonly provides Israel with intelligence data — without first stripping out private and personal information on American citizens. The Guardian in London reported the item, the latest in its coverage of document leaks from Edward Snowden.

Un-related

Sexually active students must be reported to law enforcement or state officials, Ore. school

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Next it will ask for a sandwich afterwards.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

NSA's newest department ... the Remote Rectal Scanning Department.

People should know that those remote things don't work anyway. They need something with a cord.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    People should know that those remote things don't work anyway. They need something with a cord.
    Batteries are the way to go. Ya get tangled up in cords. Trust me.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Cord bondage, it's the latest fad....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If you like lots of power, you need a cord. Batteries do not generate enough power. However, the smaller the battery, the quieter the device. Unless you don't need to worry about noise.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If you like lots of power, you need a cord. Batteries do not generate enough power. However, the smaller the battery, the quieter the device. Unless you don't need to worry about noise.
    Apparently, 4 x AA's are all the power I need but you go girl!

I also have no idea why one would want to connect their sex toys (butt plug?!) to the internet. o_O
    Self absorbed, FedBook generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Self absorbed, FedBook generation.
    Don't you want to know how many motorized butt-plugs are humming away in your vicinity?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't you want to know how many motorized butt-plugs are humming away in your vicinity?
    Pfffttt...I know for a fact none of any kind, close enough to be of any concern or interest of mine.

I'm closing this thread.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no idea. I also have no idea why one would want to connect their sex toys (butt plug?!) to the internet. o_O

What is this for? To chat with other masturbaters? And how do you hear it when someone chats back? Does the toy have a speaker or something?

What is this for? It is because every detail of your personal life is worth money to those who know how to manipulate that data, and they are willing to pay companies a small percentage of their profits of selling your data to the company that collects your data, including extremely detailed information about your sex life.

What is it really for? Absolute and complete control of you. Want to go against the status quo? Well, they can just send the MSM the data on your sex habits and Guilt Shame you into obedience. Works well on most people, but a few wont be bothered by it. But those that arent bothered by it will be shunned by society as a result of it. So it isnt just about manipulation of your behavior directly, but manipulation of your society to turn them against you. Divide and conquer. And I think we all know for the most part that generally people think what they are taught to think.

The other problem is that there are no clearly defined sets of standards, as those "standards" change with every single party. That is one of the big reasons I continue to point out to people that "The Difference between Right and Wrong is Subjective". If you drink Pepsi, you are not supporting Coca Cola. If you drink Coca Cola, then you are not supporting Pepsi. And both will do everything in their power to manipulate you in to buying their products without changing the quality of the products themselves. Of course, this in and of itself is an illusion. The Illusion of Choice. The psychological result that could very easily be interpreted as being intended by a parent corporation of two opposing corporations is that the individual begins to question their own decision making ability. By introducing that self doubt, there is a vector for a psychological attack to create emotional dependency of the individual to the parent corporation.

It would be as if you were taught by Fox News to have total distrust of the New York Post, and likewise, by the New York Post to distrust Fox News. The illusion here is that both are owned by Viacom. That type of Brand Loyalty is given either to Fox or New York Post, thus being the Illusion of Choice. Viacom wont give two $#@!s whether you agree with Fox News or New York Times, as long as you comply with ONE of the points of view. This also fully explains our two party political system. It doesnt matter whether you buy into either the Democrat perspective, or Republican one, just so long as you support Big Government.

I've also often said that the RULERS of this world use three basic means of controlling the people: Belief, Money, and Violence. I think everyone here (except Zippy) is fully aware that Money is NOT controlled by our Govt, but by Banks. Reason for this is that Govt itself IS Violence. Belief comes partly from MSM as well as Religion (no debate on existence of God, but whether or not a Church can be exploited to have the same effect: control), and Education.

Now, as far as your Sex Data. Each branch of control can use that information against you. Belief (propaganda) can be used to manipulate others to shun you from society, Money can use it as an excuse to deprive you of your financial ability to grow, and Violence can use that data as an excuse to Imprison you. Sex will not be what pisses them off. What they want, and I mean the people at the very top, what they want is to not be opposed. Should you oppose them, this is their backup plan, and they will turn you over to which ever branch has the best chance of manipulating you to get you "back in line". The Sex Data itself is simply part of the larger system that is used to psychologically exploit vectors they create (works on most people but not everyone) with the effect of most people accepting their assigned identity as opposed to being a free and self defined individual. A truly free society has no tolerance for those who benefit from the enslavement of others. Yet, we have ended up today with a legal system that authorizes it and a moral system that glorifies it. "I work for..." is a phrase used by slaves who have surrendered their self identity to their owners and are proud of their enslavement. It truly is impossible to free slaves from the chains they revere.

So, what is recording all your Sex Data used for? Control. Absolute total and complete control.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

I get that but why anyone (the consumer) would want to spend their private time connected to the internet is beyond me. I can only guess they want to feel connected and it's kinda sad that someone is that lonely. It seems like we're so connected and I love the fact that I can get to know people from around the world who share similar interests but we're also disconnected from the people right in front of us. I dunno if that makes sense but I feel like this technology is robbing us of intimacy.

+rep for thoughtful, informative post

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    What is this for? It is because every detail of your personal life is worth money to those who know how to manipulate that data, and they are willing to pay companies a small percentage of their profits of selling your data to the company that collects your data, including extremely detailed information about your sex life.

What is it really for? Absolute and complete control of you. Want to go against the status quo? Well, they can just send the MSM the data on your sex habits and Guilt Shame you into obedience. Works well on most people, but a few wont be bothered by it. But those that arent bothered by it will be shunned by society as a result of it. So it isnt just about manipulation of your behavior directly, but manipulation of your society to turn them against you. Divide and conquer. And I think we all know for the most part that generally people think what they are taught to think.

The other problem is that there are no clearly defined sets of standards, as those "standards" change with every single party. That is one of the big reasons I continue to point out to people that "The Difference between Right and Wrong is Subjective". If you drink Pepsi, you are not supporting Coca Cola. If you drink Coca Cola, then you are not supporting Pepsi. And both will do everything in their power to manipulate you in to buying their products without changing the quality of the products themselves. Of course, this in and of itself is an illusion. The Illusion of Choice. The psychological result that could very easily be interpreted as being intended by a parent corporation of two opposing corporations is that the individual begins to question their own decision making ability. By introducing that self doubt, there is a vector for a psychological attack to create emotional dependency of the individual to the parent corporation.

It would be as if you were taught by Fox News to have total distrust of the New York Post, and likewise, by the New York Post to distrust Fox News. The illusion here is that both are owned by Viacom. That type of Brand Loyalty is given either to Fox or New York Post, thus being the Illusion of Choice. Viacom wont give two $#@!s whether you agree with Fox News or New York Times, as long as you comply with ONE of the points of view. This also fully explains our two party political system. It doesnt matter whether you buy into either the Democrat perspective, or Republican one, just so long as you support Big Government.

I've also often said that the RULERS of this world use three basic means of controlling the people: Belief, Money, and Violence. I think everyone here (except Zippy) is fully aware that Money is NOT controlled by our Govt, but by Banks. Reason for this is that Govt itself IS Violence. Belief comes partly from MSM as well as Religion (no debate on existence of God, but whether or not a Church can be exploited to have the same effect: control), and Education.

Now, as far as your Sex Data. Each branch of control can use that information against you. Belief (propaganda) can be used to manipulate others to shun you from society, Money can use it as an excuse to deprive you of your financial ability to grow, and Violence can use that data as an excuse to Imprison you. Sex will not be what pisses them off. What they want, and I mean the people at the very top, what they want is to not be opposed. Should you oppose them, this is their backup plan, and they will turn you over to which ever branch has the best chance of manipulating you to get you "back in line". The Sex Data itself is simply part of the larger system that is used to psychologically exploit vectors they create (works on most people but not everyone) with the effect of most people accepting their assigned identity as opposed to being a free and self defined individual. A truly free society has no tolerance for those who benefit from the enslavement of others. Yet, we have ended up today with a legal system that authorizes it and a moral system that glorifies it. "I work for..." is a phrase used by slaves who have surrendered their self identity to their owners and are proud of their enslavement. It truly is impossible to free slaves from the chains they revere.

So, what is recording all your Sex Data used for? Control. Absolute total and complete control.

I get that but why anyone (the consumer) would want to spend their private time connected to the internet is beyond me. I can only guess they want to feel connected and it's kinda sad that someone is that lonely. It seems like we're so connected and I love the fact that I can get to know people from around the world who share similar interests but we're also disconnected from the people right in front of us. I dunno if that makes sense but I feel like this technology is robbing us of intimacy.

+rep for thoughtful, informative post
    "For evil to triumph, all it takes is for good men to do nothing."

First, I'll assume the use of the word "men" refers to human, so no gender bias there. (Mostly for other readers.)

What is happening is that people are being taught Complacency. Look, Im being "spied on" 24 / 7 and nothing happened to me. When people are exploited to constantly give up the most personal and intimate details of their lives, they will have less objections if other lesser persona details are monitored. The mind typically views sex as the most private of information, and needs to be protected and hidden from external parties at all costs. The real value here isnt the observation of sex itself, but acclimation of complacency in the mindset of the surveilled. Once people are conditioned to be used to having every sexual act recorded in detail, efforts to hide other "less important" things, such as your financial transactions or other much more incriminating and damnable offenses, like eating bacon or not brushing your teeth enough will be greatly diminished.

The mind has a desire to hide sexual encounters, even though it is much less likely to influence a persons behavior. However, everything else that the mind deems "less important" to hide than sex has the potential to be that much less damaging. Its just that the mind has less of a subconscious desire to protect what information you either read or express on the internet. For example, Google knowing you made a post in opposition to their internet dominance is worth money to them, because others that buy that information also profit or benefit by being paid to influence your behavior away from opposing being controlled. And typically, that is done with your own money. For example, post something negative about Fedbook and you see your insurance goes up, other costs in your life also go up, or your income goes down. That is how the funding works. You pay for it. You pay fines for giving away details about yourself.

Sure, people want to feel connected. It is the way in which we connect that is meaningful.

I think anyone who knows me is aware that I absolutely support communication. Trouble again is the way in which we communicate. Fedbook being the big example here. People that communicate on Fedbook are connecting under a total Panopticon. Imagine of Fedbook were a Prison Yard, and the guards were told to watch out for two people talking about a certain subject. Those two people might very easily be allowed to continue their actions, just to see if they can cast a wider net and discover other involved conspirators. The Guards and those that operate the Prison very well may do absolutely nothing, at least until any plans of resistance are just about to happen. We are very close to being at that point. Also, the "conspiracy" may not necessarily be one of a destructive, violent, or even dangerous nature. Those are all very subjectively interpreted. Other normal people would consider getting off of Fedbook to be a good idea, but to Fedbook, that is very bad.

What is happening is that all this tech is being used as a sales tactic. Companies that seek to create "connected" devices are more likely to get funding from investors or banks than companies that arent, and that in turn is used as a sales point. "Being connected is cool". Those sales points are also keystones that allow a company to charge more for their product or service. Lets imagine two companies, both make vibrators. First company makes a normal non internet connected vibrator and at most, they can only charge twenty bucks. They get some funding, but not a lot, and cant afford to advertise. Other company makes total surveillance vibrators. They can charge two hundred fifty bucks for their product even though their manufacturing cost is negligibly higher. Due to having more features, they can get away with charging exponentially more for their product. They even use that surveillance as a sales point. "Now, you can let your sex partner interact with your vagina at any time from any place simply by using our internet vibrator and a smart phone." The first company isnt going to make any more money off of you. Sale has been made for the product, and that is all they can get out of you. Other company now has another means to make money off of you. They could possibly charge you a monthly service fee for use of your vibrator thru the app. Alternatively, they could offer that "service" for free. And once the infrastructure is in place for the vibrators internet activity, the recurring costs are negligible. Then comes the Federal Government. "We will PAY you if you sell us any data that you can collect about this person". That offsets the operating costs of the infrastructure, negligible as they may be, but really its just an offer of "Extra Cheddar" for the company to sell data each and every time you masturbate. The end result is that the first company goes under as it doesnt have a recurring monthly income and the second company not only is surviving, but thriving. Worst part is it is all subsidized by government or other companies that profit by reselling data on your masturbation habits.

Now, lets get away from the sex part of it, and instead look at more normal things. Lets look at your Refrigerator. Ive seen plenty of commercials already for fridges that want to put a camera inside your fridge and let you use an app to look at what is in your fridge. They upsell it. Basically, letting the contents of your fridge be spied on is their version of "you should buy fries with that" and they do NOT offer you a choice. In the future, there will not be any choice at all. All fridges will have cameras, period. But same thing happens with the internet connected fridge as happens with the sex toy. Those that can make more money by selling the data they collect on you are more likely to stay in business than those that rely on one time sales. Why? Because it is profitable to sell your data to whoever wants to buy it or resell it or whatever, and the end result is the same, you pay for it. You either pay a higher insurance premium, or surrender your self identity to the controllers and allow your identity to be assigned, as a useless mouth breathing eater who obeys and contributes their part to the structure that controls society as a whole.

Lonely

Yes, there are people out there that are lonely. But to marketers who have been trained in psychological methods of marketing, they know to use every powerful feeling to their advantage. Are you lonely? Let us spy on you and we will fix that. Are you broke? Let us spy on you and we promise to show you ways to make (others) more money. "Lonely" has become a vector of attack on the human mind to surrender themselves to controllers.

Technology isnt robbing us of just our intimacy, technology is robbing us of our entire Self Identity.

Specific to this article, our Self Identity is the sum of its parts, which means a part of the whole Self Identity is a persons Sexual Identity. In order to completely take over a subjects mind, EVERY possible aspect of how they Self Identify needs to be addressed. Sex is a part of it, but not the whole. And each attempt to assign you an identity will address a specific part of how the mind works, but in the end EVERY part of the self identity is replaced with an assigned identity, cast by the illusion of choice.

You are told how to dress, and are offered infinite choices of clothing made by a handful of companies.
    You are told what to eat, and again are offered an infinite set of choices of food made by a handful of companies.
    You are told what to do, same as above.
    You are told what to watch.
    You are told what to consume.
    You are told what to learn.
    You are told what to believe.
    You are told what to support.
    You are told what to oppose.
    You are told what to fight.
    You are told what to surrender yourself to. (IE Cops, Companies, Banks, Standing Armies, Govt, God, etc.)
    You are told what to think.
    You are told what you are.

Those that have already fully surrendered themselves to the existing destructive system are in desperate realization that they are so deeply entrenched into that very system that robs them of any meaningful thing in their lives that they literally give up on everything. Those that have any strength left to resist find themselves treated as outcasts and are cut off from those with the power to enable others to be free individuals.

This very well may or may not be the consequence of a small group of dominant men, as this could just as easily happen with or without a purposed conspiracy. But make no mistake, those that recognize a means of benefit will no longer treat people as equals, and do not care if they are enslaved to a system they control.
    1776 > 1984