Thread: Judiciary Committee vote on warrant-less queries

Judiciary Committee vote on warrant-less queries

"Rep @JudgeTedPoe offered great amdt in Judiciary cmte to stop warrantless queries of Americans in 702 surveillance database. Here’s the vote:"

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...77542679068672
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poe and Lofgren Urge Improvements to USA Liberty Act
    November 7, 2017
    Proposes “Shut the Backdoor” Amendment to protect Americans’ Constitutional Rights

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Reps. Ted Poe (R-Texas) and Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) today announced their bipartisan push to amend and improve the USA Liberty Act, to ensure that the bill adequately reforms a sweeping, secretive government spying program:

“Although the USA Liberty Act makes some necessary reforms, as currently drafted, we believe the bill does not adequately protect the Constitutional rights of Americans. As written, the bill allows the National Security Agency (NSA) to continue warrantless searches of US persons’ data without restriction, and in most circumstances will also allow the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to continue searching the Section 702 database without a warrant.”[i]

“We will offer an amendment that provides the level of constitutional protections that the American people deserve, while affording intelligence agencies the authority necessary to target foreign terrorists, criminals and other overseas intelligence targets. This amendment upholds the Fourth Amendment and ends the warrantless backdoor searches of Americans' calls, emails, texts and other communications. Multiple votes by the whole House of Representatives show that support for shutting this backdoor loophole is strong and bipartisan.”
    https://poe.house.gov/press-releases...4-F71B1EF86D68
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.