Thread: Trump Blames Gillespie For Virginia Defeat: "He Did Not Embrace What I Stand For"

Trump Blames Gillespie For Virginia Defeat: "He Did Not Embrace What I Stand For"

President Trump wasted not time apportioning any blame squarely on the shoulders of establishment Republican Ed Gillespie for his loss...
    Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 8, 2017

Update (8:10pm EST): MSNBC has called Virginia's Gubernatorial Race for Democrat Ralph Northam

For now the spread is narrower than the 5.4pt spread Hillary won over Trump...

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...inias-governor
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a Dem state what did people expect ?

Also , house seats are entirely different . The Pubs will have the house for years to come specifically because of obummercare .

"Not my fault". Trump also did robocalls for Gillespie. The "four out of four" (which was actually four out of five) were in solid Republican districts. Those races were not in question.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-08-2017 at 11:52 AM.

I'm not thrilled about it because I hate the left. But pragmatically the Democrats are at historically low levels. As much as I want them to die slow painful deaths starving in the streets with no free food and no free medical care, common sense says at some point they're going to regain at least some of the ground they've lost.

History says they're going to win back some House seats too. Especially since the GOP is too pathetic to repeal Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I'm not thrilled about it because I hate the left. But pragmatically the Democrats are at historically low levels. As much as I want them to die slow painful deaths starving in the streets with no free food and no free medical care, common sense says at some point they're going to regain at least some of the ground they've lost.
    wat

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    wat
    Well they have essentially enslaved everybody, pretty sure if somebody said something about slave owners in the south starving in the streets nobody would care.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

History says they're going to win back some House seats too. Especially since the GOP is too pathetic to repeal Obamacare.
    The worst aspect of the left is that they have permanently allied with the plutocrats. Even Bannon was trying to talk sense to these morons, but they have no principles.

https://theintercept.com/2017/11/01/...di-weingarten/

Hearing Bannon attack elites, including the types of hedge fund Democrats who fund the charter school movement, in the same way she would, was surreal. “He hates crony capitalism,” Weingarten said. “The same kinds of things [we say], you could hear out of his mouth, and that’s why it’s so — you sit there in a surreal way, saying, ‘How can you sit right next to all these elites?’”
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-08-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well they have essentially enslaved everybody, pretty sure if somebody said something about slave owners in the south starving in the streets nobody would care.
    I don't think any one party is guilty of this "enslavement" that you mention. Both parties have contributed greatly to the expansion of government, Rs almost as much as Ds
    I just found it particularly ironic that someone who said "conspiracy theorists are detrimental to the liberty movement" also thinks that openly mentioning that she would enjoy seeing her political opponents starve to death en masse is totally fine.
    Last edited by Influenza; 11-08-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I don't think any one party is guilty of this "enslavement" that you mention. Both parties have contributed greatly to the expansion of government, Rs almost as much as Ds
    You are confusing Rs (politicians) with Rs (voters). Not that Rs (voters) are perfect, but the platform that Rs (voters) vote for is often much better than the actions that Rs (politicians) end up carrying out. Taxes are an obvious example where Republicans really screw up and are not in sync with their base, but even Bush Jr. ran on no nation building and a humble foreign policy.

I just found it particularly ironic that someone who said "conspiracy theorists are detrimental to the liberty movement" also thinks that openly mentioning that she would enjoy seeing her political opponents starve to death en masse is totally fine.
    I Angie but sometimes she is a little cray cray.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You are confusing Rs (politicians) with Rs (voters). Not that Rs (voters) are perfect, but the platform that Rs (voters) vote for is often much better than the actions that Rs (politicians) end up carrying out. Taxes are an obvious example where Republicans really screw up and are not in sync with their base, but even Bush Jr. ran on no nation building and a humble foreign policy.
    I was being generous with interpreting her comment as only referring to D politicians. If she actually meant the tens of millions of D voters, that's a whole new level of sociopathy that really shouldn't be tolerated on these forums.

Well , I am not feeding any democrats .

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    ha ha

i luv Ann Coulter
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Gillespie just wasn't a very good candidate. Virginia Republicans are rather half-hearted, in general. After the truck ad, Democrats should have run away from the party, and they didn't. Why? Because the Virginia Republicans are just like Tennessee Republicans. They are establishment right down to the ground and they had already given up the governorship.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

As I said before, vanilla Gillepsie didn't excite anyone.

https://www.vox.com/mischiefs-of-fac...-show-virginia

To analyze this, I looked at how well each candidate held on to their presidential votes from 2016. For example, in Alexandria, 13,285 people voted for Donald Trump last year, while 10,807 voted for Republican gubernatorial candidate Ed Gillespie this year. This drop-off isn’t surprising; it’s rare that a state election will produce the same turnout that a presidential one will. But it’s interesting to examine where Democrats and Republicans retained more of their presidential votes.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Bannon spoke to the GOP in Michigan last night, and said he had been the only person on the cabinet that wanted us out of the foreign wars. So I wish he was in that picture.