Thread: Sexually active students must be reported to law enforcement or state officials, Ore. school d

Sexually active students must be reported to law enforcement or state officials, Ore. school d

Sexually active students must be reported to law enforcement or state officials, Ore. school district says

Teachers and staff in the Salem-Keizer school district — which includes more than 40,000 students — were recently told that if they learn or merely suspect a student is sexually active, they must report it to law enforcement or state officials.

According to Oregon law, anyone under 18 years old cannot legally give consent, meaning all sexual activity between minors is considered sexual abuse. This policy, district officials say, stems from Oregon’s mandatory reporting and child abuse laws. But that seems to be a singular interpretation of the law. The Statesman Journal reached out to school districts around the state and found that not one of them had the same mandate.

The subject came up at a training session for teachers and staff in the school district because “we felt like we hadn’t made it clear enough,” as Superintendent Christy Perry told the Statesman Journal.

During the presentation, the district offered several specific examples of when an employee needs to contact law enforcement. These include a 15-year-old telling a teacher that she is having sex with her boyfriend and wants to learn about birth control, or a 17-year-old confiding in a teacher that his 16-year-old girlfriend is pregnant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=nl_mix&wpmm=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I've been a classroom teacher before, and I'm just not sure I could do that. And yes, I have had to document suspicious injuries on children before.

This isn't law enforcement as much as it is telling kids there are no safe adults anywhere. This is one more way to cause division, and you notice it happens in one of the most liberal states in the country.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Turn them over to the cops , good God . Hell no .

Bunch of perverts is what they are, the adults that is.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I think it is a good thing to teach children to not be sexually active. There are numerous reasons to encourage abstinence. When they are teenagers they need protection.

I don't like the idea of turning them over to LE if they do become active. No don't do that.

Still, I think teens should focus on learning about the world around them and learning about something that interest them as a career because learning is easier when young. If you want to make babies you ought to be able to support them or at least be old enough to know how to prevent pregnancy and take real responsibility for their actions.

Jesus Christ...just when I think I've seen it all...

Teachers and staff in the Salem-Keizer school district — which includes more than 40,000 students — were recently told that if they learn or merely suspect a student is sexually active, they must report it to law enforcement or state officials.
    Government schools are child abuse.

The Anti Sex Leagues described in 1984, were, I thought, one of the few things that were not likely to occur.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Between the state, the toxic cancer of fourth wave feminism, disease and promiscuity, sex, at least between two real people, will soon be a thing of the past.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Anti Sex Leagues described in 1984, were, I thought, one of the few things that were not likely to occur.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Between the state, the toxic cancer of fourth wave feminism, disease and promiscuity, sex, at least between two real people, will soon be a thing of the past.
    I don't think this is a anti-sex league kind of thing. Merely more of the state insisting they know about every single thing you do and insisting that they regulate it in one way or another.

Nothing is to be left to the family or anyone other than the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I don't think this is a anti-sex league kind of thing. Merely more of the state insisting they know about every single thing you do and insisting that they regulate it in one way or another.

Nothing is to be left to the family or anyone other than the state.
    I see it as being the same thing.

Certainly, if the state, and agents of the state, are threatening you with prosecution for engaging in sex, it results in reduction of sex and a "chilling effect".
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I see it as being the same thing.

Certainly, if the state, and agents of the state, are threatening you with prosecution for engaging in sex, it results in reduction of sex and a "chilling effect".
    Not to mention pushing all the non-productive sex between gays, trannies and all the weird $#@! out there and promoted as "ok".

This is probably going to drop the value of silver commemorative 1926 - 1939 Oregon Trail halves ( currently starting at around 88.95 FRN's ). Young people will not believe there was really a trail for people to get there .

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Not to mention pushing all the non-productive sex between gays, trannies and all the weird $#@! out there and promoted as "ok".
    Yes, quite, as normal heterosexual activity gets increasingly criminalized, weirdosexualism becomes the new norm.

Which drives even more people away from the whole concept.

"I find the very concept of coitus ridiculous and off-putting" - Sheldon Cooper