Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Bolton hints at military draft

John Bolton hints at military draft

Bolton was on Fox News over the weekend, I forget where, and hinted at a return of the draft so people would have sense of unity, and of course he used the usual Israeli excuse; even made sure to mention that men and women are drafted in Israel. Trial balloon? or just a nut case? he was considered of State sec.

combine that with mentions of a ground war to take over North Korea. and that estimates are almost always understated. and the possible additional war in Iran.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The unity opinion is that Bolton is a nutcase, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Unity of who? Three quarters of those under the age of 25 are 4F.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    lol

Bolton may just be the dumbest piece of $#@! shill for Israel in the MSM. He never misses an opportunity to praise Israel.

I heard a speech on the benefits of a one year military support draft.
    https://sosamerica.org/
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

... he's a fairly dangerous man.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    "A Military draft is logical, Moral, and even Libertarian"
    Gotta say, I love this! lol!

Unfortunately, You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It works a little differently if you say that at age 18 all Americans must report for mandatory training to become part of the Constitutional militia. The last thing we needs is a whole generation of people who are afraid of guns and do not know how to use them.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It works a little differently if you say that at age 18 all Americans must report for mandatory training to become part of the Constitutional militia. The last thing we needs is a whole generation of people who are afraid of guns and do not know how to use them.
    The "Constitutional" militia were locals who were to protect their community, especially from bad government.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Gotta say, I love this! lol!

Unfortunately, You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
    covered. Had a tuna melt for lunch. It was pretty libertarian.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    covered. Had a tuna melt for lunch. It was pretty libertarian.
    I am having the libertarian crab salad with swiss cheese on french bread , the real $#@! , no imitation crab meat . Once I have my anarchy all these fatties will be in militia .

He's a disgusting piece of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    Yeah , they are pretty much already getting most of those that would be of any use to them .

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The "Constitutional" militia were locals who were to protect their community, especially from bad government.
    I'm aware of that. Just flipping the context and pointing out what will happen if we allow the anti-gun indoctrination to continue.

Wow, for someone who claims to be the most brilliant man on the forums, I'm a little surprised you missed that bit of irony.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Bolton was on Fox News over the weekend, I forget where, and hinted at a return of the draft so people would have sense of unity, and of course he used the usual Israeli excuse; even made sure to mention that men and women are drafted in Israel. Trial balloon? or just a nut case? he was considered of State sec.
    It might work in a country/society with a preexisting sense of unity/focus/purpose such as Israel (homeland for the jews). But to try to push it ontop of a very much divided society as a reason to force unity? Yeah, that sounds like an idea bound to fail. It will only cause more resentment and division. This guy is stupid, unless causing an actual upheaval/revolution is what his real intent is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It might work in a country/society with a preexisting sense of unity/focus/purpose such as Israel (homeland for the jews). But to try to push it ontop of a very much divided society as a reason to force unity? Yeah, that sounds like an idea bound to fail. It will only cause more resentment and division. This guy is stupid, unless causing an actual upheaval/revolution is what his real intent is.
    Super Chess .

The thing is, liberty does not happen in a vacuum. It always has a context. And consequences. We have allowed gunaphobia to rule. How's that working for us? Our elected reps pass laws prohibiting concealed carry in churches, so where are the targets? Churches. There was another shooting yesterday outside of a church in Fresno, California. Nobody is mentioning that.
    #NashvilleStrong

They should learn how to use guns. But now they've made girls eligible for the draft. Considering 33% of women in the military have been raped or suffered attempted rape and 84% have been sexually assaulted or harassed I think I'd say the very last thing we need is a draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Then again, if after 30 years a quiet cabal of libertarians got their hands on the weapons of war, while liberals and conservatives are killing each other to no end, there wouldn't be a whole lot of federal opposition left against states' rights.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    They should learn how to use guns. But now they've made girls eligible for the draft. Considering 33% of women in the military have been raped or suffered attempted rape and 84% have been sexually assaulted or harassed I think I'd say the very last thing we need is a draft.
    I'm not suggesting a draft. Many of my classmates had to register and some had draft numbers. Don't want to go down that path. However, we can't ignore what is happening today. Gunaphobia rules the day.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Trial balloon? or just a nut case?
    Both.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    And that seems to be what euphemia is in favor of.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm aware of that. Just flipping the context and pointing out what will happen if we allow the anti-gun indoctrination to continue.

Wow, for someone who claims to be the most brilliant man on the forums, I'm a little surprised you missed that bit of irony.
    Never claimed to be the most brilliant- and was just detailing your remark, as most do not realize what the "militia" initially meant in the 2nd Amendment.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    lol

Bolton may just be the dumbest piece of $#@! shill for Israel in the MSM. He never misses an opportunity to praise Israel.
    The Dems want National servitude, even Hillary admitted that in her book; and the Republican establishment want perpetual war. Israel is always the excuse, but would Israel be so aggressive towards the Palestinians if Israel had a volunteer army. The Dems want an excuse for free college, and to weaken white males. other than Ron/Rand and maybe Kucinich there are few who really want to cut the military.

John Bolton, Wimp

A Vietnam hawk who remained stateside.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...lton_wimp.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That mustache robs him of all credibility.

"I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy," Bolton wrote of his decision in the 25th reunion book. "I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."

What a pussy. He has no qualm suggesting others die for lost causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    "I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy," Bolton wrote of his decision in the 25th reunion book. "I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."

What a pussy. He has no qualm suggesting others die for lost causes.
    Personally while wading in $#@! in the jungle kind of sucks it is no worse than the desert where you can stand in one place , do nothing and still see the sweat come through your leather boots .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast