Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tx. Baptist church mass shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    h/t to @Philll4paul

The capital P is messing up your mention, phill4paul uses a lowercase p.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-08-2017 at 04:43 AM.

h/t to @Philll4paul

Change "two" to "people" and then make it an animated GIF with wicked Hillary popping up in the middle... THERE'S a meme..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well if we're going there, trump killed 40-some people in a place of worship in March. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_al-Jinah_airstrike

And then turned around and killed another 200 or so at Al Jadida a couple days later.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Well if we're going there, trump killed 40-some people in a place of worship in March. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_al-Jinah_airstrike

And then turned around and killed another 200 or so at Al Jadida a couple days later.
    "Go there"?

Oh, so Janet Reno and Bill Clinton now get a "pass" for gassing and burning men, women and children in Texas, roughly half of who were "minorities", because I'm not sufficiently outraged at Trump continuing to drone strike "brown people" overseas?

That about the upshot of your comment?

No. The diametrical opposite.

It wouldn’t occur to me to think your Clinton/Reno post gave the Sutherland Springs killer a pass. What’s different here? Confused.

And what on Earth do minorities have to do with it ?!?!
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 11-08-2017 at 06:26 AM.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. The diametrical opposite.
    Sorry, my mistake...I'm a little "on edge" this morning.

No worries. Hope your day brightens up

"Go there"?

Oh, so Janet Reno and Bill Clinton now get a "pass" for gassing and burning men, women and children in Texas, roughly half of who were "minorities", because I'm not sufficiently outraged at Trump continuing to drone strike "brown people" overseas?

A government that doesn't value all human life doesn't value any human life.

Compare to:
    All human beings are intrinsically valuable, and the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong.
    - Neil Gorsuch
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Sorry, my mistake...I'm a little "on edge" this morning.
    *testy*

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Compare to:
    All human beings are intrinsically valuable, and the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong.
    - Neil Gorsuch
    That's a chilling quote. Especially from someone who uses legal language specifically and carefully.

A government that doesn't value all human life doesn't value any human life.

Compare to:
    - Neil Gorsuch
    A government by nature must value the lives of its citizens more, just in case it needs to kill others to defend its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Thank you Matt Rinaldi for helping to bring Texas back towards the 2nd Amendment earlier this year. Next step CC.

Recently passed Texas law allows for armed volunteer security at churches

A state law put into effect in September made it legal for houses of worship to have armed volunteer security — but the law's author says many churches in Texas don't know it's an option.

Only hours after First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs was ravaged by one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history on Sunday, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said on Fox News that "arming some of the parishioners or the congregation" could help stop similar attacks from occurring in the future.

A state law put into effect in September made it legal for churches to have armed volunteer guards — but the law's author says many churches in Texas don't know it's an option.

State Rep. Matt Rinaldi, R-Irving, said he was inspired to submit a bill to the Legislature after discovering that though existing law had allowed congregants with licenses to carry to bring firearms into houses of worship, they weren't allowed to conduct security functions.

"My wife and I were doing church security at the St. Anne’s carnival over by us, where unarmed security were looking for lost children and making sure everything was being run smoothly," he said. "And afterwards, I was looking at the occupational licensing laws looking to see which ones didn’t make sense, and I found out what we were doing and what the church was doing was illegal under current Texas law."

Rinaldi said churches would have either had to contract private security firms or obtain a $400 "letter of authority" from the state to create volunteer security teams.

"We’ve seen churches being targeted time and time again, and it doesn’t make sense that they can’t protect themselves without hiring private security, which a lot of small churches don’t have the funds to do," he said.

Rinaldi said that after the measure passed he notified every church in his district that they had the option for volunteer security.

"They were talking on Fox News as if [the bill] didn't [pass], so I think it’s important we get the word out that the law did change," he said.

While opponents of the law feared the law would lead to the creation of untrained militias to guard churches, Rinaldi said congregants still need licenses to carry in order to have guns in church.

"Before the law was passed, individuals in church could still carry, Rinaldi said. "What this allows the church to do, which I think is safer, is identify who those people are and coordinate so that everybody knows who’s providing security."
    https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11...ecurity-teams/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Thank you Matt Rinaldi for helping to bring Texas back towards the 2nd Amendment earlier this year. Next step CC.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11...ecurity-teams/
    So as it stands it's still "illegal" in Texas for any person to take his gun into Church. I can carry into WalMart here in MS (and I see Bubbas strapped there regularly) but can't carry into a Church. If you are going to Church be prepared to duck because I'm guessing there's going to be more of these shootings...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    So as it stands it's still "illegal" in Texas for any person to take his gun into Church.
    What do you mean? Because we don't have Constitutional Carry yet? My understanding is any individual can carry a long gun into churches anyway without a license. The volunteer security Rinaldi is talking about is not licensed security just individuals. Not where we need to be but a good start.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

So, help me out Texans.

Churches are still "gun free zones" in Texas?

So, help me out Texans.

Churches are still "gun free zones" in Texas?
    No. They haven't been for years. Most of my church going friends carry there. Certain churches do put up signs forbidding carry that have the force of law though. Same as stores and restaurants here.
    "Before the law was passed, individuals in church could still carry, Rinaldi said. "What this allows the church to do, which I think is safer, is identify who those people are and coordinate so that everybody knows who’s providing security."
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The right to self-defend is fundamental.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Really h_h, you're repeating yourself. You were hitting your target better weighing the benefits of child murder.
    Ha, ha! Zing! I accuse your hero of being a rapist, and you in turn will falsely accuse me of contemplating murder. You're a willy one, railroad. Tit for tat.

It's just strange that being a criminal would not dissuade you from hero-worshipping a person. That reading in a person's FBI file, as you did (and what kind of strange person takes the time to do that?) that he was a rapist would not dissuade you, but, apparently, further convince you of his goodness.

Doesn't that seem strange?

I will go through it:

1. Going around raping people is bad.
    2. Rapists can't be heroes, if we are to have a civilization.
    3. Really, that's all!

See, I don't like criminals. You want to make excuses for them and normalize them: "everybody makes mistakes," "we probably all have a murderer back in our family tree." I don't. I want to minimize the amount of sympathy they get from society, from anyone. I want them to be universally seen as monsters, so that society hangs these sorry losers. That is a really effective strategy for having a happy, wholesome, and peaceful society. We enjoy the fruits of hundreds and hundreds of years of the "look at them as monsters and kill them" policy.

And now, after just 150 or 200 years of you leftists' policies of "understanding" and "rehabilitation" and "kindness" that is all crumbling around us.

Your policies don't work.

People should be able to attend church without worrying about getting slaughtered. People should be able to walk around on a bike path in a park without worrying a Truck of Peace with a black ISIS flag flying is going to suddenly come and mow them down. People should be able to listen to country music together. Your failed "kind and gentle" policies have ruined that. Importing feral hordes from the dark corners of the Earth does not help, either. This hippy experiment we've been in has failed. This madness simply and clearly and objectively does not work.

Hanging works.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 11-08-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The right to self-defend is fundamental.
    YES! As well as the right to defend others, as happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

It's just strange that being a criminal would not dissuade you from hero-worshipping a person. That reading in a person's FBI file, as you did (and what kind of strange person takes the time to do that?) that he was a rapist would not dissuade you, but, apparently, further convince you of his goodness.

Doesn't that seem strange?
    Are we to believe everything written about you in your FBI file?
    -Albert Camus

Are we to believe everything written about you in your FBI file?
    I am quite sure I don't have one. So... nothing to believe nor disbelieve.

Any other clever questions?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am quite sure I don't have one. So... nothing to believe nor disbelieve.

Any other clever questions?
    Yes.
    Why someone with such an obvious disdain of criminals isn't concerned that the FBI did not prosecute a rapist who was so clearly an enemy of the state. He must have been a rapist. They had a file.
    -Albert Camus

Yes.
    Why someone with such an obvious disdain of criminals isn't concerned that the FBI did not prosecute a rapist who was so clearly an enemy of the state. He must have been a rapist. They had a file.
    I'll have to defer to railroad. He's the expert. He's read the file, he says. I have not. So, we'll ask him. He can help you with your inquiry. As for me, I have little interest in low-IQ communist rapists. I just think they should be hanged. That's the extent of my interest.

Yes.
    // self-censored for tackiness.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 11-08-2017 at 10:29 AM.

h_h has done nothing wrong so he has nothing to be afraid of. Maybe I remember incorrectly but it seems like he might have once told me his personal motto was "First they came for the Jews. Thank goodness white, straight males are last on the list."
    So you are equating rapists with Jews? Nice.

In a free and good and libertarian society, and in any functioning society, really:

criminals must be punished.

That's so basic!

I have said in this thread repeatedly, apparently to your, and especially to Ender's, chagrin that criminals should be punished. Yes, I would be glad to have the situation "First we came for criminals. That's the only ones we came for. The End." I'm OK with that "dystopia" of leftists, because for everyone else who isn't a crazy bleeding-heart leftist, it sounds pretty good!

People should be able to attend church without worrying about getting slaughtered. People should be able to walk around on a bike path in a park without worrying a Truck of Peace with a black ISIS flag flying is going to suddenly come and mow them down. People should be able to listen to country music together. Your failed "kind and gentle" policies have ruined that. Importing feral hordes from the dark corners of the Earth does not help, either. This hippy experiment we've been in has failed. This madness simply and clearly and objectively does not work.

I'll have to defer to railroad. He's the expert. He's read the file, he says. I have not. So, we'll ask him. He can help you with your inquiry. As for me, I have little interest in low-IQ communist rapists. I just think they should be hanged. That's the extent of my interest.
    I suppose hearsay is a KIND of evidence.
    -Albert Camus

People should be able to attend church without worrying about getting slaughtered. People should be able to walk around on a bike path in a park without worrying a Truck of Peace with a black ISIS flag flying is going to suddenly come and mow them down.

I guess the FDR beans really do taste better.
    -Albert Camus

People should be able to attend church without worrying about getting slaughtered. People should be able to walk around on a bike path in a park without worrying a Truck of Peace with a black ISIS flag flying is going to suddenly come and mow them down. .
    Granted, I missed some pages of this thread but sad we are getting to the point in this forum where someone has to say what should be obvious.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-08-2017 at 12:25 PM.

I haven't been able to find a certain CNN live-face to face on location interview from the 6th that had some amazing Christian witnessing. Still looking.

The interview was a CNN guy interviewing two baptist men. Members or guest pastor and member? One witnessing and crying at the same time. Sincerity you don't often see on CNN or any tv/newz.

Through all the CNN/msm outrage, feargasm, cop/FBI worship, blah blah blah, there have been some epic moments of peace and focus.

The calm and sure message of God's peace, love and FORGIVENESS right smack dab in the middle of this giant pile of stinking rot and futility, is a gift like no other.

These men are not reacting as we prefer people to react when confronted with death and obvious evil, so we'll head back to the studio...

Forgiveness, Love, Peace - In. your. face!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast