Thread: Michigan Police to start mouth swab at traffic stops, no warrant needed

Michigan Police to start mouth swab at traffic stops, no warrant needed

http://fox17online.com/2017/11/03/po...ers-for-drugs/

Starting next week, some police officers in five counties will be asking drivers to allow a swab of their mouth to determine if they've been using drugs.

Michigan State Police say it's part of an effort to cut down on "drugged driving." The one-year program starts Wednesday in Berrien, Delta, Kent, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties.

Col. Kriste Kibbey Etue says drivers "under the influence of drugs pose a risk to themselves and others on the road."

Police officers who are trained as drug recognition experts will collect oral fluid if they suspect a driver is impaired by drugs. A refusal is treated as a civil infraction.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Police sometimes have to do dirty work that no one else wants to do to keep us safe.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Gila is pronounced he-la.

and buttocks is pronounced ass.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Freedom.

I worked at a pretty nice golf resort in college that hosted the Michigan State Police golf outing for years. The state police were so obnoxious and poorly behaved (also terrible tippers) that the resort had to ask them to never come back. They had to turn down having 4 courses filled up up with 500 people because of the amount of property damage the state police would do. Every year multiple golf carts would wrecked.

I watched a police officer falling down drunk laugh about driving drunk as he got in his car to drive a few miles to his hotel room.

Will not comply. I'll take the civil infraction and fight it in court.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Will not comply. I'll take the civil infraction and fight it in court.
    This. Should be an easy win.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad I don't live in Michigan.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I worked at a pretty nice golf resort in college that hosted the Michigan State Police golf outing for years. The state police were so obnoxious and poorly behaved (also terrible tippers) that the resort had to ask them to never come back. They had to turn down having 4 courses filled up up with 500 people because of the amount of property damage the state police would do. Every year multiple golf carts would wrecked.

I watched a police officer falling down drunk laugh about driving drunk as he got in his car to drive a few miles to his hotel room.
    Most goons are really not good "customers". A friend of ours had a rental home and rented to a goon. Big mistake. When the guy left there was broken sheetrock, doors, windows, carpets, etc. Cost him quite a lot of money to get it fixed up again and of course, the goon could not be compelled to pay any of it...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Anybody that thinks its wrong to search for drugs all up in your butthole can get the hell out.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 11-06-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

So glad we elected the GOP. Raising taxes, taking rights.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    So glad we elected the GOP. Raising taxes, taking rights.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd love to slobber for the chance to prove they are a Good Citizen.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd love to slobber for the chance to prove they are a Good Citizen.
    The government is the best employer plus the benefits are excellent. Idiots slave off in non-government jobs and for 99.5% of them this is a bad decision.

Because everything else under the sun has recently been tried... except for private roads and agorism.

Enjoy that mandatory "service"/"privilege" one -size-fits-all over-priced "solution".

Going from point A to point B?
    Well first we're gonna have to swab ya. You like no-fault, right?

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Here is the law:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    Does a nation follow the rule of law when the government and powerful no longer have to follow the law? Perhaps we should call them "recommendations"? Some animals are more equal than others.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An unconstitutional entity is going to do unconstitutional things in Michigan. So what else is new?

Covert way to catalogue DNA and good chance the PDs are being paid for the samples. Drug stuff is secondary.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Cancel cops. Legalize 50 state open & concealed carry. Problem 99% solved.

This "our cops are brave public servants" is vile and wholly unacceptable. Hear that politicians? And media lap dogs (Levin, Hannity, Shapiro, etc.)?
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-19-2017 at 03:10 AM.

would be a better world if anyone insisting on such an exam on the street, regardless of their gang colors, was met with the same force due common assault

"Please step aside with your ludicrous request and implied entitlement to detain me, else I'll shoot you dead. Comprende clown suit soldier?"

should be the law of the land
    Last edited by presence; 11-19-2017 at 08:42 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    An unconstitutional entity is going to do unconstitutional things in Michigan. So what else is new?
    Unfortunate but true. Such unthinkable behavior has become so commonplace that now people don't even raise an eyebrow. In the 60's there would have been riots over this abuse...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Unfortunate but true. Such unthinkable behavior has become so commonplace that now people don't even raise an eyebrow. In the 60's there would have been riots over this abuse...
    But, but.......

Think of the children!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Cancel cops. Legalize 50 state open & concealed carry. Problem 99% solved.
    It might be if you are there when the crime is committed. If you aren't, maybe you would be glad for an investigator.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It might be if you are there when the crime is committed. If you aren't, maybe you would be glad for an investigator.
    You can carry your own weapon and if you need an investigator there will be private investigators. Remember private investigators?? They were a pretty big thing back before the #goonerment #goonsquad grew to epic proportions. You could hire someone to investigate an event and actually get some results. Now they are pretty much run out of business because people think the goons are supposed to do "investigations" but we all see the quality of their work...

THIS ONE

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    You can carry your own weapon and if you need an investigator there will be private investigators. Remember private investigators?? They were a pretty big thing back before the #goonerment #goonsquad grew to epic proportions. You could hire someone to investigate an event and actually get some results. Now they are pretty much run out of business because people think the goons are supposed to do "investigations" but we all see the quality of their work...
    Private dick.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    It might be if you are there when the crime is committed.
    if it is committed against you,, you know it.

and there were private investigators,, and citizen groups long before Police were invented.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom