Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3..._xlfM.facebook

Kentucky State Police have arrested a man accused of assaulting Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) at his home in Bowling Green, the senator's office confirmed on Saturday.

"Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault," Kelsey Cooper, a spokeswoman for Paul, said in a statement. "The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police. Senator Paul is fine.”

The Warren County Attorney's Office issued a warrant for Boucher's arrest shortly after the assault on Friday. The suspect was identified as 59-year-old Rene Boucher of Bowling Green, Kent., according to a statement from Kentucky State Police.

Police are investigating the assault, according to the statement. Boucher has been charged with 4th degree assault, causing a minor injury.

--

update:

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This was no minor attack.

The Latest: APNewsBreak: Paul recovering from 5 broken ribs - Nov. 5, 2017 5:28 PM ET
    http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2017/A-...4e0002f0edd754

Doug Stafford said it is unclear when Paul will return to work since he is in considerable pain and has difficulty getting around, including flying. Stafford said Sunday that the broken ribs include three displaced fractures, which can lead to life-threatening injuries. The severe pain can last for weeks or months.
    Last edited by jct74; 11-05-2017 at 05:00 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like I was a couple minutes late. The mods can merge the two threads.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

According to Google, he's a DO in Bowling Green?

holy $#@!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    According to Google, he's a DO in Bowling Green?
    According to Daily Caller there is someone else in the town with the same name. It isn't the doc who assaulted Rand:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/04/ra...kentucky-home/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Kentucky State Board of Election voting records list Boucher as a registered Democrat. A person with the same name also works as an anesthesiologist in Bowling Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    According to Daily Caller there is someone else in the town with the same name. It isn't the doc who assaulted Rand:

A local paper called him Dr. We'll see - early reports are often jumbled and confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

I think it is the D.O.

Even though this article..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ted/832663001/

...only indicates the reporter looked up address based on name, here is a customs ruling about the therm-a-vest verifying that's the docs address:

https://www.customsmobile.com/ruling...c_id=NY+K81661

And you can see the Dr. looks older in this photo:

So it that image is around 2003, which is when the customs ruling is dated, I'm guessing Danno's photo is 20 years or so outdated. In which case the mugshot may be him. I do think the cheek lines look similar.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Man arrested for assaulting Rand Paul

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/926915882529406976

Last edited by KEEF; 11-04-2017 at 03:16 PM.

...and then they fight you...

Seriously, Rand’s a small guy. I hope he’s alright.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Here's his Facebook if anybody wants to dig. I have to head out: https://www.facebook.com/rene.boucher.140

https://heavy.com/news/2017/11/rene-...-paul-assault/

Rene Boucher: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

An interesting connection In this article:

Boucher’s daughter, Danielle, is Facebook friends with Paul’s son, William.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure what Matt Collins' avatar is... but that is pretty much the look I had after I read the thread title.
    Talk about hackles being raised.

I wonder what happened.

If this turns out to be the anesthesiologist and their kids had indeed known each other previously, it might just have been a heated argument about some apolitical stuff.

On the flipside, if an anesthesiologist actually wanted to seriously harm somebody, he probably wouldnt use violence but rather drugs/poison.

What the heck?

Who's this Rene Boucher?
    There is no spoon.

Hopefully William nailed his daughter.

They're neighbors. They've been having a feud. Rand was mowing the grass.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3...mowed-his-lawn

No doubt he has an account here and is probably for open borders for Muslims.

http://www.wave3.com/story/36764371/...ed-by-neighbor

WAVE 3 News has confirmed Boucher and Paul are neighbors.
    A neighbor told Wave 3 News affiliate WNKY said that Paul was mowing his lawn at the time of the assault.
    According to the neighbor, Senator Paul and Boucher have had ongoing problems. Senator Paul and Boucher share a corner adjacent to their homes.

Senator Paul's communications director issued the following statement:
    "Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault. The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police."

According to KSP, after they got to Paul's house, they determined Rene Boucher intentionally assaulted Paul, causing a minor injury.
    Boucher, 59, of Bowling Green was arrested and charged with one count of Fourth Degree Assault. That is a misdemeanor.
    According to the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure, Boucher is a retired physician, as of February, 2015. He was licensed in 1998.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    No doubt he has an account here and is probably for open borders for Muslims.
    Boy, when you get fixated on a subject, no matter how irrelevant it may be to the rest of the known universe, it just consumes your whole reality. Doesn't it?

Don't look now, kahless, but your beer went flat because it's for open borders for Muslims. And your electric bill is due because the power company is for open borders for Muslims. And the weather outside is not a perfect 72 degrees for you because it's for open borders for Muslims. Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Boy, when you get fixated on a subject, no matter how irrelevant it may be to the rest of the known universe, it just consumes your whole reality. Doesn't it?

Don't look now, kahless, but your beer went flat because it's for open borders for Muslims. And your electric bill is due because the power company is for open borders for Muslims. And the weather outside is not a perfect 72 degrees for you because it's for open borders for Muslims. Deal.
    LMAO.

Personal dispute or not I can't help thinking that politics was what tipped this over to violence.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Had nothing to do with politics...A second neighbor told local news station WNKY said that the Senator was mowing his lawn around 3 p.m. on Friday when Boucher assaulted him. The neighbor also confirmed that the two share a corner adjacent to their homes and have been embroiled in an ongoing feud.

Does Ren remember remember the 4th of November?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Personal dispute or not I can't help thinking that politics was what tipped this over to violence.
    most likely.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast