Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

Has Rand filed a civil suit?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Persons responsible for this decision

Persons responsible for this decision:

US District Judge Marianne Batanni:
    from the Eastern District of Michigan, sitting by special designation.

(Battani said it was) a "dispute between neighbors" and an "isolated incident," not motivated by politics. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...m_npd_nn_fb_np

'I know it's a heavy burden to be a convicted felon, but I hope you can forgive yourself and go on with your life," Battani said. "I hope the Pauls can forgive you, but ultimately, you can forgive yourself.' http://wkyufm.org/post/rand-paul-att...-bars#stream/0

Josh J. Minkler:
    U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana

U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana:
    assigned the case following the recusal of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Kentucky

Louisville office of the FBI:
    Investigators

Kentucky State Police:
    Investigators

Amy S. Hess:
    Special Agent in Charge from FBI's Louisville field office
    Appointed by James Comey. https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...harge-amy-hess

Bradley P. Shepard:
    (The Prosecutor!) Assistant U.S. Attorney from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana, prosecuted this case as a Special Attorney to the U.S. Attorney General

The press release is unreal. Is it typical for a press release from the DOJ to include the criminal's excuse for committing the crime?
    Press release: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdin/pr...ember-congress
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Friday, June 15, 2018
    Kentucky man sentenced for assaulting a member of congress

Victim attacked while mowing his yard.

PRESS RELEASE

Indianapolis B Josh J. Minkler, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana, announced today that a Bowling Green, Kentucky, man was sentenced for assaulting a member of congress resulting in personal injury, a felony under federal law. Rene A. Boucher 60, was sentenced to 30 days imprisonment by U.S. District Judge Marianne Batanni from the Eastern District of Michigan, sitting by special designation.

“Assaulting a member of Congress is an offense we take very seriously,” said Minkler. “Those who choose to violate the law will be aggressively prosecuted in federal court.” [ ]

According to court documents, Boucher and the victim are neighbors in Bowling Green, Kentucky. On November 3, 2017, the victim was mowing his yard while wearing headphones. Boucher allegedly witnessed the victim stack brush onto a pile near the victim’s property and “had enough.” Boucher ran onto the victim’s property and tackled the victim. As a result of this assault, the victim suffered multiple fractured ribs and subsequently contracted and required medical attention for pneumonia. Boucher admitted the assault but denied it was politically motivated.

The United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana was assigned the case following the recusal of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Kentucky where the offense was committed

This case was investigated by the Louisville office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Kentucky State Police.

“The FBI takes seriously assaults against our elected officials, regardless of motive,” said Special Agent in Charge Amy S. Hess of the FBI's Louisville field office. “Today's sentence should send a clear message that there are consequences to such actions.” [ What a joke!]

According to Assistant United States Attorney Bradley P. Shepard of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana who prosecuted this case as a Special Attorney to the United States Attorney General, Boucher must serve one year of supervised release following his sentence and pay a $10,000 fine.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdin/pr...ember-congress
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-21-2018 at 12:31 PM.

lol holy $#@!, the most lopsided case.

Man beaten to a life threatening state, but don't forget! It was over a pile of leaves. Isn't it funny every media outlet had to push that narrative so hardhard.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Sen. Rand Paul files lawsuit seeking unspecified damages from neighbor who tackled him and broke multiple ribs in dispute over yard debris

• U.S. Sen. Rand Paul filed a lawsuit against his Bowling Green, Kentucky neighbor Rene Boucher on Friday
    • The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for a November 3 assault, in which Boucher tackled Sen. Paul to the ground in a dispute over yard debris
    • Boucher was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $10,000 earlier this month for assaulting a member of Congress

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ckled-him.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    lol holy $#@!, the most lopsided case.

Man beaten to a life threatening state, but don't forget! It was over a pile of leaves. Isn't it funny every media outlet had to push that narrative so hardhard.
    And that makes it OK!

I hope Rand bankrupts him.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

this is MAX Waters fault!
    how long has she been provoking "people"?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    And that makes it OK!
    I hope Rand bankrupts him.
    Seeing as he is/was a doctor, an anesthesiologist IIRC I'd wager he wont be able to work in that field with a felony assault conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    this is MAX Waters fault!
    how long has she been provoking "people"?
    It's CNN's fault for lying about Donald Trump every day for 3 years and provoking Maxine Waters, Rand's neighbor, the baseball shooter, etc..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Boucher files conterclaim against Rand - "entitled to damages from Paul"

Boucher’s attorney, Matt Baker, filed a response and counterclaim in Warren Circuit Court on Wednesday.

The response argues that Paul has neither incurred any out-of-pocket medical expenses nor sustained lost income as a result of the incident, and would thus not be entitled to damages.

Baker also pushed back against the request for an injunction, disputing the claim in Paul’s lawsuit that Boucher’s conduct was part of a pattern of “stalking and harassment” requiring the circuit court’s intervention.

Baker pointed out that the tackle that brought on the criminal charges was an “isolated incident” and also noted in the response that the federal judge presiding over Boucher’s criminal case already ordered Boucher to have no contact with the senator.

Boucher has maintained that he tackled Paul after losing his temper upon seeing the senator stack a pile of lawn debris in a portion of his yard near the property line he shares with Boucher.

“In point of fact, there was, is and has never been any proof whatsoever of any such pattern of any such misconduct,” Baker said in the response. “Neither (Paul), nor any of (Paul’s) family members, have ever alleged a pattern of any such conduct to anyone, to include law enforcement officials or other third parties and the allegation that any such conduct exists is completely specious and without merit.”

Accompanying Boucher’s motion to dismiss is a counterclaim against Paul alleging that the senator “has historically caused to be deposited and accumulated on his property various piles, heaps and mounds of trash, debris, waste, dead trees, stumps and refuse of all types and configurations.”

Multiple instances of the senator stacking limbs and other remnants near the property line with his neighbor between September and Nov. 3 are cited in Boucher’s counterclaim.

Boucher gathered one pile of debris Oct. 10, placed it into dumpsters and had it hauled off, according to court records.

“Even though this debris was not on Dr. Boucher’s property, he viewed it as unsightly – as it was placed directly in his line of sight from his patio and the back door of his house,” Baker states in the counterclaim.

The pile was reconstructed a few days later and hauled off again by Boucher, and then reconstructed a third time that October, and Boucher discussed the situation with at least two members of the homeowner’s association, according to the complaint.

Boucher burned the pile of yard debris Nov. 2, and the senator is alleged in the counterclaim to have blown the leaves from his property onto Boucher’s yard Nov. 3, the date of the assault.

Baker said in the counterclaim that Boucher is entitled to damages from Paul on the grounds that the stacking of yard debris violated restrictions in the senator’s property deed as well as regulations in the Rivergreen homeowner’s association bylaws and protective covenants.

Baker also claims the senator’s conduct was intentional and constituted the maintenance of a private nuisance and trespass.

A motion by Baker to file a third party complaint naming Paul, his wife, Kelley Paul, and the homeowner’s association as defendants is tentatively scheduled for a hearing Monday before Warren Circuit Judge Steve Wilson.

The third party complaint would seek to also hold the homeowner’s association liable for not enforcing its bylaws against the Pauls.

https://www.bgdailynews.com/news/bou...6cc04132a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

SO I CAN BEAT THE HELL OUT OF GOVERMENT "OFFICIALS" IF IT IS MY FIRST TIME AND THER IS NO PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR? SIGN ME UP FOR...

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

SO I CAN BEAT THE HELL OUT OF GOVERMENT "OFFICIALS" IF IT IS MY FIRST TIME AND THER IS NO PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR? SIGN ME UP FOR...
    Thread winner - there's a silver lining to everything.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Thread winner - there's a silver lining to everything.
    Rand takes one for the team. Again.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boucher has a picture of debris "allegedly in place after the November 2017 assault." http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Sen...1.html?ref=781
    http://media.graytvinc.com/images/69...l+debris+1.JPG
    [IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/690*484/Paul+debris+1.JPG[/IMG]
    (Whats wrong with this url that prevents the picture from posting?)

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Boucher has a picture of debris "allegedly in place after the November 2017 assault." http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Sen...1.html?ref=781
    [IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/690*484/Paul+debris+1.JPG[/IMG]
    (Whats wrong with this url that prevents the picture from posting?)

I'm guessing it's the asterisk in the url..
    Last edited by dannno; 06-29-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What an eyesore

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm guessing it's the asterisk in the url..
    Asterisks need to be url encoded and become %2A

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What an eyesore
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

So is he *not*supposed to clean up his yard?
    ... because that's what it looks like it's happening here

Baptiste said.

And they have to pay you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the kind of insanity that will lead to people being tossed out of helicopters.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

INTERVIEW: Sen. Paul & wife Kelley open up about November attack

INTERVIEW: Sen. Paul and his wife, Kelley open up about November attack
    video: http://www.wbko.com/content/news/INT...487276951.html

Here's the full 25 minute interview.

LINK

25 minute interview with Rand & Kelly Paul

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Here's the full 25 minute interview.

LINK
    The best news is that the criminal suit is still ongoing. Federal government is appealing.

(around 07:53) “I think his intent was to kill me.”

I always pictured broken ribs as being only in the front, but from what Kelly Paul says, Rand's broken ribs are in back? She mentioned they were told that he could’ve suffered paralysis due to “broken ribs in his back”.

Also, there's an interesting revelation about the crazed democrat who shot up the baseball field. One of the staffers heard the guy say, “This is for healthcare!” I've never heard anyone admit that before.

this dude has earned an azz kicking. what a piece of $hit

Baptiste said.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Civil Trial begins 1-28-19. Attacker gave testimony at deposition

Video at link https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Se...501822131.html

Sen. Rand Paul's neighbor and attacker gives testimony in five-hour long deposition
    By Kelly Dean
    Posted: Mon 4:39 PM, Dec 03, 2018

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- Senator Rand Paul is suing his neighbor, Rene Boucher in civil court for damages after Boucher tackled him in November of 2017.

Boucher was ordered to sit for a deposition and give a testimony Monday before his trial date which is set for January 28.

The deposition lasted five hours, as Boucher was sworn in by Special Judge Tyler Gill, and questioned about the November 2017 attack, as well as events leading up to and after it…”

”When I saw him once again, he was off of his mower, taking branches from that one pile and putting them on the property line to intentionally aggravate me. I lost it and became irate," said Boucher…

…In March, Boucher pleaded guilty in federal court to assaulting a U.S. Congressman. In June, he was sentenced to 30 days prison which he served at a Chicago Federal prison between July and August of this year…

...Special Judge Tyler Gill is presiding over the civil case.

Depositions are usually done in a conference room setting, but Senator Paul's lawyer requested it take place in the courtroom.

"Some information was expected, some was not. Now we'll have to go back and really do some checking to see if all that was accurate or not," said Kerrick.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Se...501822131.html
    Rand Paul’s attacker: ‘I lost it and became irate’
    by Paul Bedard
    December 05, 2018 01:39 PM
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...d-became-irate

Rand Paul’s attacker: ‘I lost it and became irate’

by Paul Bedard | December 05, 2018 01:39 PM

The neighbor who attacked Sen. Rand Paul over lawn clippings admitted this week that as he saw the Kentucky senator cleaning up his yard, “I lost it and became irate.”

Rene Boucher, in a deposition in a lawsuit filed by Paul, added, "What I did was wrong, and I'm sorry I did it.”

In November 2017, as Paul was working on his yard, Boucher tackled the senator, causing six broken ribs and extreme pain.

Boucher, whose trial begins Jan. 28, said that he had been angry with Paul’s landscaping for years. He cited a brush pile on their property line that got bigger every year. When he couldn’t sell his house, he blamed Paul’s yard.

Other neighbors interviewed by Secrets, however, said that Paul’s lot in the Bowling Green neighborhood wasn’t different from most.

In his deposition, Boucher, a retired doctor, said he became especially angry when he saw Paul adding to the brush pile at time when he was trying to sell his home.

“When I saw him once again, he was off of his mower, taking branches from that one pile and putting them on the property line to intentionally aggravate me. I lost it and became irate," said Boucher, according to a report in WBKO.

Paul’s office had no reaction.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...d-became-irate
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry I did it.
    By the prog play book that's just not good enough. Excoriation now needs to be thrown down double score until you are a blabbering puddle of self loathing.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627