Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul assaulted at Kentucky home (UPDATE: 6 broken ribs)

From Rand's facebook.
    Rand Paul
    10 mins ·

‪I appreciate all of the kind words and support from everyone. A quick medical update: final report indicates six broken ribs and new X-ray shows a pleural effusion‬.
    https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/?h...olnUhY&fref=nf

What is pleural effusion?

Pleural effusion, sometimes referred to as “water on the lungs,” is the build-up of excess fluid between the layers of the pleura outside the lungs. The pleura are thin membranes that line the lungs and the inside of the chest cavity and act to lubricate and facilitate breathing. Normally, a small amount of fluid is present in the pleura.
    Symptoms of pleural effusion include:

Chest pain
    Dry, nonproductive cough
    Dyspnea (shortness of breath, or difficult, labored breathing)
    Orthopnea (the inability to breathe easily unless the person is sitting up straight or standing erect)
    https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...eural-effusion

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, not good. With each passing day it keeps getting worse. Whats next, two days from now we will find he is blind in one eye or missing finders or something.

If he ends up with pneumonia this could become potentially deadly. These charges need to be upgraded and there should be a restraining order that forces the neighbor to move.

Shame that Rand doesn't have any friends that have his back on this.

Real pity.

//
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Wow, not good. With each passing day it keeps getting worse. Whats next, two days from now we will find he is blind in one eye or missing finders or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by misconstrued View Post
    If he ends up with pneumonia this could become potentially deadly. These charges need to be upgraded and there should be a restraining order that forces the neighbor to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Rand's neighbor of 17 years ambushed the good Senator while mowing his lawn and beat the stuffing out of him, cracking 5 ribs, knocking out 3 teeth, and possibly breaking his jaw.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...-paul-attacked

From the comments:

Fecund Stench Nov 6, 2017 10:23 PM
    From the comments at Naked Capitalism, this morning:
    "I had a colleague die of this, well after the breaking. He contracted pneumonia and was unable to cough to clear his lungs. Senator Paul might benefit from admission to an intensive care unit, under the care of a thoracic surgeon, and a team of respiratory therapists, and treated with an epidural block. It seems his assailant used his training as an anesthesiologist, and an osteopath, to attempt murder."
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017...s-11617-2.html
    This was attempted murder and it is time the charges were upgraded to that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This was attempted murder and it is time the charges were upgraded to that.
    When I said it keeps getting worse I had not even seen "knocking out 3 teeth, and possibly breaking his jaw", before I posted that. I wonder how long it will be before we see the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    No, it was really overplaying the pot card and putting all his eggs in the student basket. Fringe and no money.
    You obviously weren't paying attention or actually know what it takes to win an election.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Rand had a Wall problem.

The (white male) electorate are deeply cynical about the immigration issue. They've been burned repeatedly. Everybody, and I mean everybody, has lied to them. Repeatedly. The electorate weren't even really convinced that Trump would build the wall! Why do you think they shouted and chanted it at him every rally he held? But he apparently was able to persuade enough of them that there was at least some plausible chance he'd actually Build That Wall and deport the beaners that they came out and voted -- many for the first time in years.
    The wall is NOT what cost him the election. If it was, then why did Ron practically win Iowa just 3 years earlier?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Rand lost because he didn't properly address whatever one's pet issue happened to be. It had nothing to do with party machinery, the electoral landscape, or the media-industrial complex.
    Let's make a clarification here.... Rand could not have beaten Trump. I think Trump's personality was unbeatable because he was willing to do and say things that Rand wasn't. Had Trump not been in the race I think Rand may have had a chance to win if he had run a good campaign (he didn't). His campaign was a poorly managed joke from day one. Trump was the reason Rand couldn't win, but Rand's messaging and poor campaign are the reasons he did way worse in Iowa than he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Never once does he explain why he thinks Rand lost.
    Actually I have a long time ago. Pay attention and try to keep up...

I vaguely remembered this Jim Skaggs in past articles. I see he thought Rand was a lunatic when he first ran for Senate and criticized running for President and Senate at the same time. He has also brought up the home owners association stuff in the past.

It is funny that Breitbart had no trouble getting five of his neighbors on record, including multiple people on the homeowners board and the president, when the rest of the press only quoted a guy who passive aggessively $#@!s on Rand. http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...are-fake-news/

Many of Paul’s neighbors, however, disagree with these reports:“As a friend and neighbor of the Paul family, I have been disturbed by the inaccuracies in numerous media accounts of the assault that occurred on Friday, November 3rd,” writes Travis Creed in an email to Breitbart News. “The stories of a ‘landscaping dispute’, or a dispute of any sort between Rand Paul and Rene Boucher are erroneous and unfounded. The reason for Mr. Boucher’s bizarre attack is known only to him. Statements to the contrary are irresponsible and unnecessary.
    This speculation regarding Boucher’s motive, Creed says “has led to an unfair characterization of the Pauls and their home.”
    “The Pauls are and always have been great neighbors and friends. They take pride in their property and maintain it accordingly. Rand has enjoyed working on and maintaining his lawn for as long as I have known him. He was attacked on his property for no apparent reason and suffered serious injury. That is the only fact known at this time.”
    “The Senator and his wife Kelley are great people who would never harm anyone in any way,” says Danny Renshaw, another neighbor who says he has lived in the same neighborhood as the Pauls for 17 years.
    Renshaw is appalled by the attack. “This is so wrong, for anyone to be blindsided and attacked while mowing their yard. I cannot imagine being in my yard pulling weeds or mowing and being violently attacked by anyone, much less my neighbor?” he tells Breitbart News.
    I can’t believe he was out of jail on a 7,500 bail Saturday morning,” Renshaw adds. “However, this is not me that was attacked, this is one of 100 U.S. Senators of the United States. What kind of person does that?
    Expressing the same concern, Alicia Stivers writes, “As neighbors and close personal friends of the Pauls for almost a quarter of a century, I have never heard Senator Paul speak an unkind word about anyone, let alone become physically violent. Which makes it all the more shocking that a next-door neighbor of many years who has not so much as exchanged an email or spoken word with Rand in several years, would race downhill and pummel Rand from behind.”
    “The Pauls own a lovely, wooded lakeside lot in our small subdivision,” Stivers continues. “In fact, the Pauls’ lot looks almost exactly the same today as it did 17 years ago when Dr. Boucher and his ex-wife chose their lot and built their house next door.
    Between us, my husband and I have served four years on the neighborhood homeowners association board and we are unaware of any conflict or complaints from Dr. Boucher regarding the Pauls. Whatever the ‘reason’ for this attack on Rand, there is absolutely no justification for Dr. Boucher’s behavior,” she adds.
    “I am wondering how the media can describe what took place as an altercation? Is it an altercation when no words are exchanged and one person is attacked from behind with no warning? I must check my dictionary.”
    Shawn Parker has also served on Rivergreen’s homeowners association board for several years. Describing Mr. and Mrs. Paul as “very gracious & friendly”, she tells a similar account of the Pauls’ history with the board:
    My family has lived here for 6 years now,” she says. “In all the years that I have been on board we have never had any complaints at all [regarding the Pauls]… No complaints from other neighbors about the Pauls, nor [have] the Pauls had complaints against anyone else.”
    “I pass by their house every day as my family lives diagonally across the street from them,” Parker adds. “When we see Rand out riding his bike or Kelley out walking in the beautiful neighborhood we live in they have always waved or even stopped to say hello. This is a wonderful family and an honor to have Kentucky’s state Senator living near us.”
    “What I find amazing is the fact that he cuts his own grass,” writes neighbor Bob Warner. Bob and his wife Gayle have known the Pauls for twenty years. “Our neighborhood is fortunate that the Pauls live here,” he tells Breitbart News, “They are always engaging during their frequent walks through the neighborhood.”
    “Our sons are friends with their sons and we have been on skiing trips as well as meet with them socially. As a friend, neighbor and Senator; Rand has been first class in every way.”
    While the senator splits his time between Kentucky and Washington, DC, the Pauls appear to be still very much part of the neighborhood community. Their “Paul Family Football Game” is a neighborhood tradition, says Kevin and Diona Kelly.
    “Rand and his family welcome any and all neighbors, whether you choose to be a player, a cheerleader or a self-appointed referee you are part of a team.”
    “We commend Rand for balancing his demanding political role with his role as a neighbor and friend,” the Kellys continue. “Never too busy to stop while on his walks with Kelley or to wave as he rides his bicycle in the neighborhood or his mower on his yard. It is a pleasure to call him our neighbor and friend.”
    In a statement provided to Breitbart News, Rina Malmquist, the current Rivergreen homeowners association president, says: “I have been friends and neighbors with the Pauls since we moved to Bowling Green in 2001. We have enjoyed being neighbors with the Pauls. Our children are great friends and we have made many happy memories with them.”
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-08-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The wall is NOT what cost him the election. If it was, then why did Ron practically win Iowa just 3 years earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron appeared stronger on immigration back then but after 2012 both started to significantly back off their earlier immigration positions and people took notice. I think it was strategic since that is the way they thought the wind was blowing, but they were wrong.

So you have:

- Appearing wishy washy and using wishy washy language on immigration early on was not going to fly this cycle. By the time Rand did get tough on immigration his campaign was effectively already over with little to no support.

- The strategic decision to work with GOP-E and release his Heritage think tank tax plan with the hidden business VAT fell on deaf ears. This kind of VAT was something Ron always spoke out against since Congress could keep increasing it and people would not understand why the price of goods were increasing due to the VAT was hidden in means of production. His support had already been at the tipping point by then but I believe this effectively sealed his fate exactly at a time he needed the momentum.

This was not the cycle to try and curry favor with the establishment on either the left or right.

- Going too far and for too long trying to gain favor with the far left therefore turning off the average Republican voter. Doing so while totally ignoring economic issues people were so desperate to hear about this cycle. Something Ron was able to champion in the past, particularly in 2008. This signaled to people he was only running an education campaign on these issues and not a serious candidate.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-08-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I vaguely remembered this Jim Skaggs in past articles. I see he thought Rand was a lunatic when he first ran for Senate and criticized running for President and Senate at the same time. He has also brought up the home owners association stuff in the past.

It is funny that Breitbart had no trouble getting five of his neighbors on record, including multiple people on the homeowners board and the president, when the rest of the press only quoted a guy who passive aggessively $#@!s on Rand. http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...are-fake-news/
    +rep

“The Pauls own a lovely, wooded lakeside lot in our small subdivision,” Stivers continues. “In fact, the Pauls’ lot looks almost exactly the same today as it did 17 years ago when Dr. Boucher and his ex-wife chose their lot and built their house next door.
    Between us, my husband and I have served four years on the neighborhood homeowners association board and we are unaware of any conflict or complaints from Dr. Boucher regarding the Pauls. Whatever the ‘reason’ for this attack on Rand, there is absolutely no justification for Dr. Boucher’s behavior,” she adds.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...are-fake-news/. Just in from rands Facebook page.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 11-08-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Not when you buy a house in a neighborhood with a HOA like Rand did. You pretty much agree to be subjected to their rules when you purchase the home.
    In Rand's case the HOA gambit is a lie meant to disguise the fact that this was political terrorism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

In Rand's case the HOA gambit is a lie meant to disguise the fact that this was political terrorism.
    No argument there.

According to people on the HOA, the Pauls were not a problem. No complaints in 17 years. Not one.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The communist media on this is atrocious.

They will be celebrating when the next $#@! spools up and finishes Rand.

There is and never will be any working with or common ground with these people.

They are violent, dangerous, unhinged Bolsheviks.

There's nothing in the HOA agreement that Rand signed which says that, if your neighbor thinks that you might have violated a HOA rule, he can jump you and break 5 ribs.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    well that pretty much settles all that other BS from the windsock media.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The communist media on this is atrocious.

They will be celebrating when the next $#@! spools up and finishes Rand.

There is and never will be any working with or common ground with these people.

They are violent, dangerous, unhinged Bolsheviks.
    Red pill II

An hour and half after I made that post about the guy who the media quoted on the HOA stuff, Newsbusters wrote an article on the guy. I wonder if they read this site or someone who does tipped them off on that. It is kind of an obscure thing to write about. I only thought of it because I remembered his name from something I had read 6 or 7 years ago. https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...rfect-neighbor

Why wouldn't Skaggs, for the sake of peace in his community, want to see Boucher behind bars? What does he have against Rand Paul?
    The answer appears to be "plenty."
    Part of it, based on Novelly's dispatch and a related Monday item at the New York Times, may relate to Paul's resistance to homeowners' association rules in the gated community. Even if true, how does one get from there to seemingly being okay with a serious, possibly life-threatening assault?

Additionally, based on the following information easily obtained by searching the web and other news reports online, it appears that Skaggs, as an establishment Republican, also has a serious political axe to grind with Paul and other Republicans seen as interlopers:
    • Paul rode the 2010 Tea Party wave to unseat the Bluegrass State Republican Party's preferred candidate. In 2014, the New York Times quoted Skaggs describing Paul as "a right-wing radical."
    • Skaggs has a been a heavy Republican donor for over two decades. One telling item: He contributed to Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell's reelection campaign in 2012, but has not, as best I could determine, ever contributed to Paul.
    • A January 2016 New York Times item on Paul's simultaneous presidential and Senate reelection candidacies opened by describing Skaggs as "a longtime Republican official and neighbor of Mr. Paul," and eventually got around to telling readers that Skaggs was "on the (state) party’s executive committee." (Recent news reports at CBS and elsewhere indicate that this is still the case.) The Timesalso noted that Skaggs was then backing Jeb Bush for President.
    • An August Politico item noted that although Skaggs was one of Kentucky's 2016 Republican presidential electors, he "said he would cast his electoral vote for Trump but may stay home on Election Day."

The Monday New York Times dispatch mentioned earlier only described Skaggs as "a former leader of the county Republican Party."
    Skaggs's apparent nonchalance over Paul's well-being after a potentially life-threatening attack, and his indulgence of alleged perpetrator Boucher, are intensely offensive.

So what the hell does the attacker say about why he did it? Or his lawyer?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

With all this HOA talk, did I read somewhere that Paul's house may have been there before this neighborhood was built around him?
    Where the heck did I get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Nothing in there at all about building a wall

- Going too far and for too long trying to gain favor with the far left therefore turning off the average Republican voter.
    If you think that is what happened, then you are sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Once again, if we were even a shadow of what we were ten years ago, this guy would have been "doxxed" back twice as hard.

Now, Randal will be stuck with angry mobs of Social Justice Warriors pestering him around his home while trying to recover, poor bastard.
    My theory is people don't understand Rand Paul's political tactics. He goes on the MSM too much and pals around with the "enemy". Lots of people are pissed off at the election, and its only getting worse as Trump $#@!s the bed. Instead of Rand advancing liberty ideas through Trump, the establishment has kept Trump unpopular so Rand is just becoming more unpopular by proxy. I understood his goal originally was to push the good ideas and attribute them to Trump and then get Trumps supporters to make Trump advance liberty policies but I think its making Rand seem two faced and dishonest, and some people who don't understand his tactics think the is just one of them and hoodwinked people.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you think that is what happened, then you are sorely mistaken.
    It was just one of the points I listed, what about the others I listed and your belief on this topic?

It was just one of the points I listed, what about the others I listed and your belief on this topic?
    being frenemies with Mitch Mcconnell probably hasn't helped.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast