Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Muslim Ban Is Logical, Moral, And Even Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nor do I want to pay to feed or house any.
    Yet the people that say that here like myself and a few others are in the minority in a supposedly libertarian forum. It is always 100% US intervention is to blame, without recognizing what is done is done, absolutely no concern for jihadist immigration, the US victims or potential US victims, no concern of a statist authoritarian belief system masquerading as a religion and anyone that says anything otherwise is considered "hate" or a "Trump" supporter.

It is the biggest freaking scam that has been going on in this forum for over two years. Libertarians, Paul activists, what a lie, if they were actually they would be concerned about the welfare state and at least some concern about jihadists, yet zero concern. They certainly would not be bashing Rand's comments and platform on immigration like we keep seeing or organized attacks to shutdown any discussion from real activists posting articles and issues.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    At least them good ol' boys get some decent pizza out of it.
    How finely does one have to grind a Guinea in order to make pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    How finely does one have to grind a Guinea in order to make pizza?
    Don't know. Most pizza is made by Dominicans around here.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Don't know. Most pizza is made by Dominicans around here.
    I assumed that pizza in NY was still made by Guineas.........

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    . I don’t think Ron Paul could get behind it now either.
    If that is the case, why did Ron Paul introduce legislation to limit immigration from the Middle East every session then?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/108/hr488

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr3217

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Japan's freedom score is higher than the US.

Just sayin'.

https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...rld/2017/japan
    You aren't saying anything. You are citing a left wing group that hates freedom. That group's definition of freedom is Glenn Greenwald's. PORTUGAL is rated as rated as the most free. https://freedomhouse.org/report/free.../2017/portugal

They rate Singapore a 51 and Portugal and Japan almost 100. I can tell Singapore is a lot more libertarian either of those countries.

Here is a better list. Singapore 2 USA 17. Japan 40 Portugal 77 http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    The Islamic government belief system is the antithesis of the libertarian belief system.
    And yet there exists Muslim libertarians: http://www.muslims4liberty.org/ . Doesn't matter about the individual's beliefs , accomplishments, background must ban those libertarians.

So much for Kahless' claim that , "I take people as individuals .."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    You aren't saying anything. You are citing a left wing group that hates freedom. That group's definition of freedom is Glenn Greenwald's. PORTUGAL is rated as rated as the most free. https://freedomhouse.org/report/free.../2017/portugal

They rate Singapore a 51 and Portugal and Japan almost 100. I can tell Singapore is a lot more libertarian either of those countries.

Here is a better list. Singapore 2 USA 17. Japan 40 Portugal 77 http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking
    Does Cato make you happier?

The top 10 jurisdictions in order were Hong Kong, Switzerland, New Zealand, Ireland, Denmark, Australia (6), Canada (6), the United Kingdom (6), Finland (9), and the Netherlands (10). The United States is ranked in 23rd place.
    They also ranked Japan higher than Singapore:

Other countries rank as follows: Germany (13), Chile (29), France (31), Japan (32), Singapore (40)
    There is no spoon.

As far as why is it here, well even Rand supports limits on immigration.
    Again with the logical fallacy scope shifts. Supporting limits on immigration is not the equivalent of a broad collectivist ban all on 2 billion individuals who may subscribe to any of the very many myriad Muslim belief systems regardless of the individual's personal achievements, background and beliefs.
    Even a temporary halt on select countries is not a blanket Muslim ban.
    There is nothing Rand has said that supports what is advocated in the Original Post.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Up next... the “libertarian” case for torture and rendition.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    And yet there exists Muslim libertarians: http://www.muslims4liberty.org/ . Doesn't matter about the individual's beliefs , accomplishments, background must ban those libertarians.

Exactly!
    There is no spoon.

according to this piece the problem is inherently with the Islamic belief system.
    This is where the writer of the Original Post fails greatest both factually and logically.
    With some 2 billion Muslims in the world they are not all running around committing terrorists acts.
    What the Original Post neglects to recognized, is the fact the perpetrators of terrorists acts overwhelmingly belong to a small sub-sect of Sunni Islam called Wahhabi/Salafi - which includes the various Al Qaeda organizations, ISIS, Mujaheddin/Taliban, etc.
    The Wahhabi/Salafi also happens to be based out of Saudi Arabia, funded, promoted and supported by Saudi Arabia. They also happen to be funded and armed by Washington for its geopolitical objectives.
    A more logical argument by the Original Post would be a ban on Wahhabi/Salafi and Saudis. A ban on all Muslims is the equivalent of a blanket ban on all Christians based on the acts of the IRA in during twentieth century.

When you consider there are 2 billion Muslims in the world, proportionally (and likely in absolute numbers) there are far more Americans involved in terrorists acts (drone assassinations, bombing civilians, invading nations, regime change, creating funding and arming terrorists organizations, etc.). The belief system behind these terrorists acts happens to be the neocon philosophy. It is also the neocons' policies that have been creating, arming, funding and using these Wahhabi/Salafi terror organizations.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You take a minority of people from a small website and with a broad brush paint all Muslims for holding that belief. So much for you taking people as individuals.

I in fact do for the most part take people as individuals but also believe in self preservation. When polls show 70-90% or more from a specific region support an authoritarian belief system as a form of government and jihad as a way of life to get there, it is wise to consider screening or limiting entry from those regions. Like Rand said you do not have an automatic right to come here.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-04-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Your interpretation? You see quotes like that above is why I had asked you in the past whether you are a Muslim or Muslim activist.

Here is what I see.

Does this not concern you?
    Does this concern you?

Numbers 31
    31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
    31:2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
    31:3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian.
    31:4 Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war.
    31:5 So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war.
    31:6 And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
    31:7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.

31:9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
    31:10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
    31:11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.
    31:12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

31:15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
    31:16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
    31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
    31:18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
    There is no spoon.

Does THIS concern you?
    No, since that is not a guide for people today on how to live and behave or a government belief system pretending to be a religion.

While Sharia and this is a cause for concern.

“Fight against those who do not obey Allah and do not believe in Allah or the Last Day and do not forbid what has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger even if they are of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.” 9:29

“Kill them wherever you find them and drive them out from where they drove you out. Persecution is worse than slaughter.” 2:191

“When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks.” 47:4

“Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you.” 9:123

“Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. Those who follow Him are merciful to one another but harsh to the disbeliever.” 48:29

The specific need to ”strike terror in the hearts” of infidels” is unambiguously stated in many places in the Qur’an, as here:

“Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority.” (3:151)

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them” (8:12).
    If there was a Christian sect that had added bible scriptures that dictated to it's followers:

- the goal of achieving it's authoritarian state belief system.
    - that members should become jihadists.
    - that the lives of non-members are meaningless unless they convert.
    - convert or kill the infidel.

I would be just as apt to support limiting immigration from that region as well.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-04-2017 at 03:48 PM.

There is nothing Rand has said that supports what is advocated in the Original Post.
    You should listen closely to what he is saying here without saying Muslim.

TWEET/VIDEO: Paul: "Maybe we should stop certain countries from sending people here for awhile. It's not like you have a right to move to our country."

You take a minority of people from a small website and with a broad brush paint all Muslims for holding that belief. So much for you taking people as individuals.
    Where did you get that? Oh, of course. You made it up yourself, put it in his mouth, discarded everything in his quote about other Muslims--all seven sentences in their entirety--and accuse him of saying something about all Muslims. Painting Muslims with that broad brush is your sin, not his. But just as when you go around accusing people of engaging in personal attacks, you accuse others of your sins. You seem to think that distracts people from noticing that you are committing those very sins.

It ain't working.

I in fact do for the most part take people as individuals but also believe in self preservation. When polls show 70-90% or more from a specific region support an authoritarian belief system as a form of government and jihad as a way of life to get there, it is wise to consider screening or limiting entry from those regions. Like Rand said you do not have an automatic right to come here.
    Are you changing your tune? Because before you were saying let in no members of a particular religion from anywhere.

I advocated what and equated to Rand's policy, did not happen. For the 4th time in this thread I did not write the article. I asked for you open border or Muslim immigration activists to give your opinion on the author's article less the personal attacks for posting it. But if you want me the RPF resident anti-liberty boogeyman which you seem intent to do from the last two threads, have at it.
    And none of the four statements you were responding to accused you of writing that article. Not one. In fact, none of them even hinted that you might possess a sufficient command of the English language to pull it off.

What the man said was that Rand Paul has said nothing which agrees with that article. What part of that is a personal attack on you, again? Indeed, even if there were one crumb of a reason to believe AZJoe did think you wrote that article (there is not, just to be clear, but since you seem so fixated on the idea), how would that statement would have been a personal attack on you? And if you were accusing him of waging a personal attack on you in another thread, why didn't you quote it here or address it in the other thread? Because if you were to call attention to it, everyone could see it isn't a personal attack on you? That, in fact, there's no more reason to think Joe was personally attacking you than to think that anyone anywhere thinks you wrote the article you quoted and excerpted and presented to the forum like it was actually worthy of our attention?

You should pay attention to the fact that he did not say 'Muslim'. And you just might ask yourself why that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

No, since that is not a guide for people today on how to live and behave or a government belief system pretending to be a religion.

While Sharia and this is a cause for concern.

If there was a Christian sect that had added bible scriptures that dictated to it's followers:

- the goal of achieving it's authoritarian state belief system.
    - that members should become jihadists.
    - that the lives of non-members are meaningless unless they convert.
    - convert or kill the infidel.

I would be just as apt to support limiting immigration from that region as well.
    I do not believe that most Muslims believe that those are rules for government- that were written over 1000 years ago- any more than most Christians believe that Moses's rules are for today's government.
    There is no spoon.

I do not believe that most Muslims believe that those are rules for government- that were written over 1000 years ago- any more than most Christians believe that Moses's rules are for today's government.
    Tell that to the dude who has the ten commandments in his signature (although he probably doesn't realize those aren't the same ten commandments that moses supposedly brought down)

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Where did you get that? Oh, of course. You made it up yourself, put it in his mouth, discarded everything in his quote about other Muslims--all seven sentences in their entirety--and accuse him of saying something about all Muslims.
    I admit I phoned that half ass reply in, yet really in discussion is regions of people where 70-90%, we are talking millions of people and we are going compare that to some fringe liberty website of a handful of people. Come now.

Painting Muslims with that broad brush is your sin, not his. But just as when you go around accusing people of engaging in personal attacks, you accuse others of your sins. You seem to think that distracts people from noticing that you are committing those very sins.
    Is that was the Iman is telling you to say? Since what you describe is not happening.

Are you changing your tune? Because before you were saying let in no members of a particular religion from anywhere.
    That was another poster in this thread. Show me where I said that? Considering the responses I am becoming more and more convinced it is a good idea.

And none of the four statements you were responding to accused you of writing that article. Not one. In fact, none of them even hinted that you might possess a sufficient command of the English language to pull it off.
    I never said that. "OP said", as if I wrote it, I can not take credit for it and simply asked for opinions.

What the man said was that Rand Paul has said nothing which agrees with that article. What part of that is a personal attack on you, again? <snipped>
    No, I edited that quote out since really have no idea who it was intended for. It is what happens when you leave multiple threads and tabs open and walk away then come back, cut-paste stuff which is why it was removed, but too late, you quoted.

You should pay attention to the fact that he did not say 'Muslim'. And you just might ask yourself why that is.
    Obvious, politically a bad idea.
    Last edited by kahless; 11-04-2017 at 05:57 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obvious, politically a bad idea.
    Or maybe he realizes how absurd it is to suggest someone might be dangerous to you just because he shares a religion with people who happen to be getting bombed relentlessly by our government?

Because there are about a billion Muslims and only a small percentage are from the Middle East? Or because the vast vast majority of Muslims have never been violent in their lives? Or because he’s not an idiot?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

"You must destroy all the peoples the Lord your God gives over to you. Do not look on them with pity and do not serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you." - Deuteronomy 7:16

Orrrr... maybe the neocons really do believe this rule is still active today... judging from their penchant for dropping bombs on people who are half a globe away...

TWEET/VIDEO: Paul: "Maybe we should stop certain countries from sending people here for awhile. It's not like you have a right to move to our country."
    You should listen to everything he is saying, not just what you want to hear.

I've been saying all along that our first defense and our best defense is at our borders who travels to visit us and who travels to live here, you know I think we need more extensive screening I like the idea that Trump is talking about that people should come to our country based on merit but also based on allegiance that you have to have allegiance to the things we believe in, and I think we should extensively question people do you believe in freedom of religion do you believe that anybody should be able to practice openly their religion are you tolerant of other peoples religion will you pledge allegiance to our flag and to our country if you come here. -Rand Paul

she didn't say immigration was the problem. you did.
    Not to mention he just used sophistry to argue that opposing a Muslim ban was the same thing as advocating for completely open borders. This kind of disingenuous and dishonest manipulation is beyond disgusting, and continues to reaffirm my earlier assessment of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Not to mention he just used sophistry to argue that opposing a Muslim ban was the same thing as advocating for completely open borders. This kind of disingenuous and dishonest manipulation is beyond disgusting, and continues to reaffirm my earlier assessment of his character.
    Prove it, since it is simply not true. Show me the quote. It is well known fact in this forum there are many here that do not believe in any immigration controls and are for open borders.

The quotes below say allot about your character. You should apologize to the voters in your district and in this forum for your attempts at using their own religion against them for political purposes. That was pretty low.

Any "Christian" who supports Trump is not a Christian. Trump is an antichrist, and for anyone who claims Christ to support an antichrist requires that they be under the delusion sent by God. Anybody who is under the delusion sent by God is not a Christian. Therefore, any "Christian" who supports Trump is not a Christian.
    It gets worse, just following that quote he admits to painting American Evangelicals with a broad brush.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    All one has to do in order to understand why American Evangelicals would like and support Trump is found in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, with a particular emphasis on verse 11. As an old school Reformed Presbyterian, my position is that this particular chapter is dealing with the issue of false prophets, particularly the Papacy, but not limited to it. Heresy bring delusion, and the delusion is the consequence of God's condemnation of wicked people.

American Evangelicals are, generally speaking, idolaters and have been made stupid by their idols, namely their worship of American Patriotism and the atheistic nation-state of Israel.
    No joke, this is my go-to verse when discussing people who support Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You should listen to everything he is saying, not just what you want to hear.
    Some do not believe in any immigration controls which was the point of posting it. I listened to it and agree with it. I had started a transcript but never finished, +1 for posting the transcript.

Prove it, since it is simply not true. Show me the quote. It is well known fact in this forum there are many here that do not believe in any immigration controls and are for open borders.

The quotes below say allot about your character. You should apologize to the voters in your district and in this forum for your attempts at using their own religion against them for political purposes. That was pretty low.

It gets worse, just following that quote he admits to painting American Evangelicals with a broad brush.
    You just painted all Muslims with the same broad brush that you accuse @GunnyFreedom of- and anyone who opposes you gets painted by your "you must be a Muslim" brush.
    There is no spoon.

The funny thing is that if this website followed the philosophy of the OP and the thread starter, this sort of statist ideology would be closed off to people on this website. But here we are with this statist user freely promoting his statist ideology on this site

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some do not believe in any immigration controls which was the point of posting it. I listened to it and agree with it. I had started a transcript but never finished, +1 for posting the transcript.
    It sort of begs the question on who decides the controls though, what the controls are based on. I think any controls should be specific. Like if we are going to be at war with 7+ countries, we should declare war and ban immigration from those countries until war with those countries is over.

If we are going to be at war around the world, end all immigration that's the only way to keep us safe, I don't advocate for the war, but I also don't advocate for people to exact revenge against my government against me by coming here and committing acts of terror, that's the neocon straw man argument.

I don't think anyone intellectually honest thinks this is a matter of immigration but a matter of foreign policy and I will not justify changing our countries values because we can't control our own military industrial complex that creates the blow back.

Groups of people don't have special rights, where does it stop. If we begin war with China are we going to start detaining them without trial and banning Chinese people from immigrating legally? If you just want to only let certain people in just be honest about your position and say you only want to let certain people in, but this is about foreign policy this is about Trumps continued war in the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It sort of begs the question on who decides the controls though, what the controls are based on. I think any controls should be specific. Like if we are going to be at war with 7+ countries, we should declare war and ban immigration from those countries until war with those countries is over.

If we are going to be at war around the world, end all immigration that's the only way to keep us safe, I don't advocate for the war, but I also don't advocate for people to exact revenge against my government against me by coming here and committing acts of terror, that's the neocon straw man argument.

I don't think anyone intellectually honest thinks this is a matter of immigration but a matter of foreign policy and I will not justify changing our countries values because we can't control our own military industrial complex that creates the blow back.

Groups of people don't have special rights, where does it stop. If we begin war with China are we going to start detaining them without trial and banning Chinese people from immigrating legally? If you just want to only let certain people in just be honest about your position and say you only want to let certain people in, but this is about foreign policy this is about Trumps continued war in the middle east.
    Good points. The other aspect of this is diversity historically has never really worked and nation states that have followed that path ended up breaking up into tribal factions fighting one another.

The majority of US history there have been limits on immigration to limit diversity for peace and social cohesion. I do not believe continuing on that earlier path would be changing our countries values but rather preserve them as the diverse population we have not assimilates into America values, i.e the Constitution.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast