Thread: Massachusetts bans bump stocks, 1st state since Vegas massacre to do so

Massachusetts bans bump stocks, 1st state since Vegas massacre to do so

Bump stocks, the firearms accessory that allows semi-automatic rifles to shoot at a rate closer to automatic weapons, were banned in Massachusetts on Friday, when Republican Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito signed into law a budget bill that included the prohibition. She is serving as acting governor, as Republican Governor Charlie Baker vacations out of state. Despite this bipartisan effort with a Democratic legislature, bump stocks appear to be out of the range of regulation at the federal level. Mass shooter Stephen Paddock used a bump stock during last month’s massacre in Las Vegas, where he killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more. Congress initially considered restricting bump stocks, but that interest has apparently fizzled. California had banned bump stocks prior to the shooting.
    https://www.rt.com/newsline/408768-b...egas-massacre/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would be OK if my state banned speed bumps .

Many lives will be saved
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would be OK if my state banned speed bumps .

Do they even have speed bumps on the reservation?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Do they even have speed bumps on the reservation?
    Of course not , but they have a crapload of them in the auto parts store next to the farm store in town . Those things are a dangerous hazard , causing me to slow down or spill my beer . Unamerican . Nobody ever got Great with speed bumps .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Bump stocks, the firearms accessory that allows semi-automatic rifles to shoot at a rate closer to automatic weapons, were banned in Massachusetts on Friday, when Republican Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito signed into law a budget bill that included the prohibition. She is serving as acting governor, as Republican Governor Charlie Baker vacations out of state. Despite this bipartisan effort with a Democratic legislature, bump stocks appear to be out of the range of regulation at the federal level. Mass shooter Stephen Paddock used a bump stock during last month’s massacre in Las Vegas, where he killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more. Congress initially considered restricting bump stocks, but that interest has apparently fizzled. California had banned bump stocks prior to the shooting.
    Just highlighting a fact that should be pointed out often.

Unfortunately, where I live, most sheeple think that the R's are working to preserve their 2A rights.

A state that gets away with banning a type of stock could get away with banning all stocks.

and triggers

and barrels

and ammo

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    A state that gets away with banning a type of stock could get away with banning all stocks.

and triggers

and barrels

and ammo
    Firearms are already heavily restricted in Massachusetts, if not outright banned.

They are not as bad as Ill-Annoy or New Jerky, but they are in the "worst five".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why don't they ban mass murder ?
    "I am a bird"

I came here to express surprise that California hadn't yet.
    California had banned bump stocks prior to the shooting.
    Figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Which to me, this legislation was waiting in the wings prior to the Vegas tragedy. At this point we still have no idea what happened in Vegas, neither does the police.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner