Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Founders were Anarchists.

Our Founders were Anarchists.

why else would they have chosen a "system of checks and balances" ? in a Republic?
    "checks and balances" on what?

easy. on those who seek to rule them.

I submit, that they were hard core Anarchists.. who understood that ignorance becomes dangerous in large groups of people.
    this explains why they shunned pure Democracy as well as pure Anarchy. (one and the same in actuality)

what they sought to control. was the accumulation of power.which is inherent in any form of social organization. (Government.)

can we agree that Our Founders were hard Core Anarchists?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They were not even libertarian . If so there would have been no whiskey rebellion . What they were was a bunch of guys who wanted a few services but did not want to pay for them so they took over and then charged people more for the same . So , really , maybe not that overly bright .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2017 at 07:43 PM.

They were so anarchist they formed a government!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    And taxed people at a higher rate than the previous government .

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    sir, "they" did NOT form a Government.
    what they formed... was a "Federation".
    mebbe thou art needs to look this word up?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Oh , a Federation , well thats different . I 'll just choose then to not participate .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    And taxed people at a higher rate than the previous government .
    is a "federation" a form of Government sir?

or..

is it more like a league or a common union... created and developed... for a specific purpose?

Oh , a Federation , well thats different . I 'll just choose then to not participate .
    was my taxonomy too hard on you sir?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As long as you don't make whiskey, they won't care.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Oh , I see , everything will be alright then .

Maybe @Danke would be a patriot and pay my whiskey , weed and machinegun taxes to these great anarchist federation guys so they do not try and stick me with a bayonet .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Maybe Danke would be a patriot and pay my whiskey , weed and machinegun taxes to these great anarchist federation guys so they do not try and stick me with a bayonet .
    NAP doesn't apply to savages.
    -Albert Camus

NAP doesn't apply to savages.
    I saw that coming so I opted out of participation to the special rainbow federation . This is confusing . I had to look taxonomy up and it said nomenclature and classification of organisms . I went to a white govt school after I got thrown out of the Lutheran school and they were a little behind I guess .

I saw that coming so I opted out of participation to the special rainbow federation . This is confusing . I had to look taxonomy up and it said nomenclature and classification of organisms . I went to a white govt school after I got thrown out of the Lutheran school and they were a little behind I guess .
    "taxonomy" is apt, considering the founders' view of the various species of humans.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    sir, "they" did NOT form a Government.
    what they formed... was a "Federation".
    mebbe thou art needs to look this word up?
    Representatives and armies and taxes and judicial powers and so on is not "government"?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Representatives and armies and taxes and judicial powers and so on is not "government"?
    the word "Federation" is very specific. as it only applies to those who chose to join such a union. or League.
    what we have are 3 separate and distinct documents. produced many years apart.
    as you well know.
    the "anti-federalists" were NOT against the declaration of independence or the bill of rights.
    what they were in fact against... was the Constitution.

and upon this fact, I will grant you no quarter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    " They choose the path where no one goes .... Walking side by side with death ..... They ask no quarter ...... the dogs of doom are howling more ..... "

" They choose the path where no one goes .... Walking side by side with death ..... They ask no quarter ...... the dogs of doom are howling more ..... "
    John Paul Jones at his most brilliant in this song.

I consider Abraham Lincoln to be our true founding father.

He basically invented the phrase Make America Great Again
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I consider Abraham Lincoln to be our true founding father.

He basically invented the phrase Make America Great Again
    He did admirable duty in The Blackhawk War as a militiaman on grave duty burying other dead Militiamen as a captain and then a private . He was rewarded by the govt with a land grant . Personally I wish Blackhawk had taken all of Illinois back and prevented a commie state in the midwest but you cannot have everything . I wish Obummer and Trump had been privates in the militia on grave detail .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2017 at 10:22 PM.

is a "federation" a form of Government sir?

or..

is it more like a league or a common union.
    A league of what? Local governments, of course. The State of Virginia, for example, was hardly some kind of anarchic commune.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

They were about as anarchist as the house GOP that just put out this crappy tax plan I am reading now . It actually looks exactly like a Dem tax plan . Add a couple trillion to the debt in a decade or so and lower tax deductions and an increase in the child credit .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-02-2017 at 10:03 AM.

"Our" (for those who wish to claim them) founders were hardcore statists who envied the power over American subjects wielded by the regime across the pond and fought to wrest that power away from said regime so that they could have it themselves, and then increase it and maximize its increase, ultimately making themselves and those in future generations to whom they would pass down that power, the pinnacle of global government.

At the expense of you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    "Our" (for those who wish to claim them) founders were hardcore statists who envied the power over American subjects wielded by the regime across the pond and fought to wrest that power away from said regime so that they could have it themselves, and then increase it and maximize its increase, ultimately making themselves and those in future generations to whom they would pass down that power, the pinnacle of global government.

At the expense of you and me.
    That seems about right .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    A league of what? Local governments, of course. The State of Virginia, for example, was hardly some kind of anarchic commune.
    that's a good question. each state has its own Constitution. and is required to be a Republic.
    if you take a close look at our form of Goonerment.
    an attempt was made... to push "Power" down to its lowest level.
    that being, the local Sheriff.

what is the difference between a "sheriff" and the " police"?
    A Sheriff works for and is elected by the people.
    the "Police" work for a Corporation.

our founders were NOT fools. what they sought to do... the "original intent" sir.
    was to limit the "Goonerment" in support of the individual..
    in the beginning, our country was all about the individual. not the Goonerment.

They were about as anarchist as the house GOP that just put out this crappy tax plan I am reading now . It actually looks exactly like a Dem tax plan . Add a couple trillion to the debt in a decade or so and lower tax deductions and an increase in the child credit .
    our founders.. are NOT responsible for ANY of the amendments... past the 10th. (1793 for the infamous "anti-Federalist)

can we agree on this fact sir?
    Last edited by HVACTech; 11-02-2017 at 06:43 PM.

our founders.. are NOT responsible for ANY of the amendments... past the 10th. (1793 for the infamous "anti-Federalist)

can we agree on this fact sir?
    We've certainly had several fuk-ups since those days.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

our founders were NOT fools. what they sought to do... the "original intent" sir.
    in the beginning, our country was all about the individual. not the Goonerment.
    The point is that it's incorrect to say that the founders were anarchists, given that they were in favor of maintaining strong governments at the State level. Perhaps you forgot the following part of the Declaration of Independence:

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

that's a good question. each state has its own Constitution. and is required to be a Republic.
    That's an easy requirement to fulfill. All a state has to do is call itself a republic, like the Democratic People's Republic of Korea does.

They also have a constitution.

No. What they sought to do was to convince the people that their intent was to limit government in support of the individual, so that they could foist upon them a Constitution that was carefully designed to help them accomplish the exact opposite of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast