Thread: Rand Paul endorses Arizona's Kelli Ward

Rand Paul endorses Arizona's Kelli Ward

Rand Paul endorses Arizona's Kelli Ward

BY BEN KAMISAR
    11/01/17

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is backing Republican Senate hopeful Kelli Ward's bid in Arizona, a decision that gives the campaign an important ally ahead of what will likely become a messy primary.

Paul made the announcement Wednesday morning during an interview on Fox News, citing Ward's support during his presidential campaign and their shared work as physicians.

"She's a thoughtful leader, somebody who is an outsider, not a career politician. I think she would make a great senator from Arizona," Paul said during an interview on "America's Newsroom."

"Some people in the establishment have dumped on her and I'm out there to let people know that conservatives will unite behind Kelli Ward and I think she will have a great chance of being the next senator from Arizona."

Ward responded to the endorsement with a tweet of her own.

The former Arizona state lawmaker had been courting Paul's endorsement, chatting with the senator about her bid during a phone call last week.

read more:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...nas-kelli-ward

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Data Orbital Poll 10/28/17:

Kelli Ward ======= 26.43%
    Martha McSally ==== 18.62%
    Matt Salmon ===== 10.42%
    David Schweikert === 5.21%
    John Shadegg ===== 3.93%
    Jay Heiler ======== 1.17%
    Undecided ======== 28.09%
    Refused ========= 6.12%
    Total =========== 100.00%
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Data Orbital Poll 10/28/17:

Kelli Ward ======= 26.43%
    Martha McSally ==== 18.62%
    Matt Salmon ===== 10.42%
    David Schweikert === 5.21%
    John Shadegg ===== 3.93%
    Jay Heiler ======== 1.17%
    Undecided ======== 28.09%
    Refused ========= 6.12%
    Total =========== 100.00%
    My first thought was WTF is Martha McSally? A quick search reveals her to be the establishment pick, which would explain why in a poll made up of purely hypothetical candidates, they excluded Joe Arpaio. It is a poll designed to give the Rove/McConnell pick a boost.

Who paid for the poll?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    My first thought was WTF is Martha McSally?
    McSally is actually well known. She is an AZ rep in the House of Representative, a retired Air Force Colonel who constantly wears her military credentials on her sleeve. She thinks military spending should be increased, favors every sanction on Iran, Russia and North Korea, favors antagonizing those countries as well as China, supported the missile strike on Syria, a pawn to the MIC. No doubt she will be the establishment's preferred pick.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    McSally is actually well known. She is an AZ rep in the House of Representative, a retired Air Force Colonel who constantly wears her military credentials on her sleeve. She thinks military spending should be increased, favors every sanction on Iran, Russia and North Korea, favors antagonizing those countries as well as China, supported the missile strike on Syria, a pawn to the MIC. No doubt she will be the establishment's preferred pick.
    Great, another John McCain. And Arizona voters have shown themselves time and again to be clueless zombies who vote for whatever neocon is presented to them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Go Kelli Ward.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Great move by Rand.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Yes this is an endorsement that makes sense and with good timing.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm all for Bannon's purge but what do you guys think about Ward's chance in the general election? One of the issues with the Tea Party movement is that we got a lot of people nominated who couldn't win general elections so it was kinda pointless in the end. Thoughts?

Looks pretty status quo MIC type.

from Ward's website:

“I recently returned from a two-week trip to Israel and was inspired by the history of this great country and the resilient spirit of the Jewish people. The alliance that America shares with Israel can never be broken, and we should continue to strengthen the bonds that we share with our greatest friend and ally in the Middle East as all parties strive toward achieving lasting peace in the region.”
    Nevertheless, Dr. Ward does agree with Secretary of Defense James Mattis, who has stressed that “years of stable budgets and increased funding” will be needed to restore American military readiness.
    Dr. Ward also supports improving America’s transportation security – including the security of air travel – through comprehensive reform of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) bureaucracy.
    etc etc
    Last edited by devil21; 12-23-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

from Ward's website:

etc etc
    Looks like McCain bodysnatched her.

30 more years of neoconism in the Senate.

Thus marks the end of my interest in Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Looks like McCain bodysnatched her.

30 more years of neoconism in the Senate.

Thus, marks the end of my interest in Ward.
    Maiden name: Kelli Kaznoski

Nuff said.

Deeper reading looks like a Dem wearing the Republican mask. Switched on abortion in 2012 when she decided to run for office even. Now, it's the standard 'god n guns' stuff for the sheep.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-23-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

from Ward's website:

etc etc
    If you had ever seen some of Ron's campaign literature when he ran for reelection in Texas you wouldn't like it either. Just sayin
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Kelli Ward interview. Go to the 5:00 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2G_PSpNxWE