Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical Salafist terror attack in NY on Halloween

Radical Salafist terror attack in NY on Halloween

New York terror attack: Eight dead as truck runs down cyclists in suspected terror attack by man shouting 'Allahu Akbar'

The FBI is treating a truck attack in New York, in which eight people died and 15 were injured, as an act of terrorism.

An attacker drove a rented truck down a bike path in Manhattan a few blocks from the site of the World Trace Center memorial.

According to witnesses people on bikes were left scattered on the path and the attacker then rammed a school bus.

Some witnesses said he then got out of the truck screaming "Allahu Akbar". He wielded two guns, which police later said were fake.

Witnesses said they initially thought the attack was a Halloween prank.

The suspect was chased by police who shot him in the leg and arrested him. They said they were not seeking anyone else in connection with the attack.
    More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-shoo...193751347.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe the breaks went out...

We'll know the truth when the President tweets us.

Abe Lincoln was a salafist?

Earlier reports said he "opened fire." Blanks? WTF is the point?

Why does Allah hate Home Depot and Cyclists ?

Also , how do they know not to seek conspirators ? Did the FBI give him a home depot card ?

Just part and parcel of living in a big city. The solution is barriers of peace and love! /s

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The media loves to call these attacks a "lone wolf" attack. Purely an attempt at political correctness. If an organization or nation is at war, and is instructing the members or followers of that group to engage in attacks, there is no "lone" about the attack.

Now the media has conflicting agendas at work here. In order to be politically correct, and push the leftist globalist narrative, they don't want to blame any particular group. On the other hand, the neoconservative side of the media wants to infer blame on groups that are not involved, thus they will use the blanket term of Islam.

But to be accurate and specific, modern terrorist attacks in Europe and the US are by Salafi jihadists, which is a subset of Sunni Islam, thus it does not apply to all Muslims, does not apply to Shias, does not apply to all Sunni's and does not apply to all Salafists.

Who does it apply to? Wahhabism is a subset of Salafism. The best examples of practitioners of the terrorist brand of Salafi Jihadist Islam are ISIS and Al-Qaeda. Saudi Arabia is officially Wahhabist, so the radicalized jihadi version often has connections to that nation, although Salafism is a transnational movement. Additionally, the Muslim Brotherhood sometimes refer to themselves as Salafists, which is probably a way for them to claim greater numbers internationally.

Bottom line: don't expect any accuracy in reporting from the media, who have their own agendas that require them to be intentionally vague.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No word on his religion other than allegedly saying "Allahu Akbar". He is supposedly a 29 year old from Uzbekistan, Sayfullo Saipov, and came to the US in 2010 and was living in Florida.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new...red/index.html

The suspect in the New York attack is from the central Asian nation of Uzbekistan and came to the United States in 2010, two law enforcement sources told CNN. A Tampa, Florida, address is connected to him.
    He has a pellet gun and a paint gun- perhaps he wanted to get killed. He wasn't killed but was shot and is in the hospital.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...454316613.html

The crash into the school bus appeared to be deliberate; witnesses told police they saw the driver swerve the truck to target the bus, which was carrying children. They said the driver then screamed "Allah' akbar" in the truck, then emerged carrying what turned out to be two fake guns -- a pellet gun and a paint gun -- and started running around before he was confronted by a nearby uniformed officer on patrol, who shot him in the abdomen.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-31-2017 at 05:51 PM.

He should have just let Protestants and Catholics duke it out on the 500th anniversary of the Reformation.

Build the Wall.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The media has an answer for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Earlier reports said he "opened fire." Blanks? WTF is the point?
    Per CNN, the guns weren't real, but if they had been, a whole lot more people would have been killed! Ban guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Build the Wall.
    Again, per CNN, travel bans and walls would not help, because he was already here.

Well, I guess I can look forward to more restrictions on renting a car or truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, I guess I can look forward to more restrictions on renting a car or truck.
    But it's an exchange to have the freedom to be culturally enriched.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-truck-...ry?id=50842052

A uniformed police officer was credited with stopping the carnage.
    At Chambers Street, the truck collided with a school bus, injuring two adults and two children, police said.

After the collision, the truck driver exited the vehicle brandishing what appeared to be two handguns, police said. A uniformed police officer confronted the suspect and shot him in the abdomen, police said.
    A paintball gun and a pellet gun were recovered at the scene, police said.
    Officer saved everybody from the paintball carnage? A bus stopped the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-truck-...ry?id=50842052

Officer saved everybody from the paintball carnage? A bus stopped the truck.
    Sounds like suicide by cop.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Truck plates indicated it was rented in New Jersey though source is not traced yet- where or when. Suspect lived in Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/n...ck-attack.html

• Federal law enforcement authorities took the lead in the investigation. Two law enforcement officials said that investigators discovered handwritten notes in Arabic near the truck that indicated allegiance to the Islamic State.
    Officials called it a terrorist attack, but Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said at a briefing, “There’s no evidence that suggests a wider plot or a wider scheme.” He said the episode was “the action of one individual who meant to cause pain and harm and probably death, and the resulting terror.” The New York police commissioner, James P. O’Neill, added, “This incident is over.”
    • The driver was identified as Sayfullo Saipov, 29. He was shot in the abdomen and was in critical condition on Tuesday night. The authorities said he came to the United States in 2010 and was a permanent legal resident.

Why do not Uzbek Wahhabis just run over people over there ? Surely they can find someone to hate without traveling to Florida and NY ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-31-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    He should have just let Protestants and Catholics duke it out on the 500th anniversary of the Reformation.
    Related:

Besides, various “reform” movements have already emerged in the Muslim world in the past two centuries. Just like Luther’s Reformation, these movements claimed to go back to the scriptural roots of the religion to question the existing tradition. While some of the reformists took this step with the intention of rationalization and liberalization, giving us the promising current called “Islamic modernism,” others did it with the exact opposite goal of dogmatism and puritanism. The latter trend gave us Salafism, including its Saudi version Wahhabism, which is more rigid and intolerant than the traditional mainstream. And while most Salafis have been non-violent, violent ones formed the toxic blend called “Salafi Jihadism,” which gave us the savagery of al-Qaeda and the Islamic State.
    More: https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...mation/544343/
    Interesting article, although it's conclusion that more statism and benevolent monarchies is the solution to radical Salafi-jihadism may rub some people the wrong way. Chalk that up to the relationship of the US (and Israeli) establishment with Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

Could simply be a "guerilla" marketing campaign to advertise Home Depot's $19 truck rental.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

Could simply be a "guerilla" marketing campaign to advertise Home Depot's $19 truck rental.
    I hope he paid for the insurance. I don't think Home Depot will just let him walk away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/n...ck-attack.html

Officials called it a terrorist attack, but Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said at a briefing, “There’s no evidence that suggests a wider plot or a wider scheme.” He said the episode was “the action of one individual who meant to cause pain and harm and probably death, and the resulting terror.” The New York police commissioner, James P. O’Neill, added, “This incident is over.”
    And what's the point in quoting that part?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I hope he paid for the insurance. I don't think Home Depot will just let him walk away from that.
    You've got to hand it to this guy.

Even if he paid the extra $8 for insurance, that comes to a measly $3.38 per life taken.

He is going to get a bonus from his bosses for coming in way under budget.

I guess the Al-CIAda is doing their part to bring the budget under control.

This looks like one of those scary "assault trucks". The compact version that can be wielded easily in a crowd. I think it's time for banning all assault trucks!!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Why do not Uzbek Wahahabis just run over people over there ? Surely they can find someone to hate without traveling to Florida and NY ?
    Blowback.

US via Saudi Arabia nurtured radical Salafism in the area to counter the Soviets. Then they turned on US. Uzbek jihadists align themselves with al-Qaeda and the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    This looks like one of those scary "assault trucks". The compact version that can be wielded easily in a crowd. I think it's time for banning all assault trucks!!!
    And it had a bumper...

Again this story doesn't make sense. The guy kills people, walks around with fake guns (actually I'm surprised the goonsquad let him live), and his friend says this guy is a nice guy who plays with his kids and helps people. There's no "radicalization" or ties that seem to exist. There's no hatred expressed by him towards others. Of course as time goes by I'm sure the CIA can "fix" these problems. They can fabricate his ties and his posts that don't exist about how he wants to be part of ISIS...

Of course they need to kill him while in custody to make sure there's no loose ends they can't deal with...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And it had a bumper...
    A bumper stock, and one of those things that flip up.

"Iran is the largest exporter of terror"

NBC reports he left note claiming the purpose of his assault and murders were for ISIS.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast