Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 146

Thread: Women preachers/pastors/priests

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Paul wrote letters to Timothy and Timothy wrote 1 and 2 Timothy.
    No, Paul's letters to Timothy are 1 and 2 Timothy.

    They were written by Paul.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    It's kind of interesting how out of all the books of the New Testament, Christians find those of Paul the most problematic, while historians would find his to be the most reputable, as they were the earliest. They also present Jesus far differently than in later books, as his miracles were far fewer and less impressive, rather than the superhuman miracle machine he was presented to be in later books.

    Anyways, here's one more verse to explain why women should obviously not be pastors/preachers/priets

    1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

    There's absolutely no biblical argument to allow women to even speak in church, much less teach men.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    It's kind of interesting how out of all the books of the New Testament, Christians find those of Paul the most problematic, while historians would find his to be the most reputable, as they were the earliest. They also present Jesus far differently than in later books, as his miracles were far fewer and less impressive, rather than the superhuman miracle machine he was presented to be in later books.

    Anyways, here's one more verse to explain why women should obviously not be pastors/preachers/priets

    1 Corinthians 14:34-35

    The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

    There's absolutely no biblical argument to allow women to even speak in church, much less teach men.
    Mr A is knowledgeable about a great many things but scripture isn't one of them. Should I just stay ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr A is knowledgeable about a great many things but scripture isn't one of them. Should I just stay ignorant?
    I think people should have some knowledge of scripture. Not because it is intrinsically important, but because there are unfortunately a great deal of people who find it so. I guess you should attempt to learn about it by any means of your choosing (unless upsetting the supposed man in the sky is something you are concerned about.)



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, Paul's letters to Timothy are 1 and 2 Timothy.

    They were written by Paul.
    Truth^^ They're pastoral epistles, composed c. 64-65 AD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr A is knowledgeable about a great many things but scripture isn't one of them. Should I just stay ignorant?
    Nah, you should know about scripture, but also lots more than scripture. Even the Pharisees could quote scripture all day. :P Read the Church Fathers for historical context and what the text really means. Your parish probably offers adult bible study classes, which are awesomesauce. IDK about RC, but EO churches have classes for inquirers and catechumen. Regular Orthodox also go to them too because you learn things you might not have learned growing up or just forgot about or never understood, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Nah, you should know about scripture, but also lots more than scripture. Even the Pharisees could quote scripture all day. :P Read the Church Fathers for historical context and what the text really means. Your parish probably offers adult bible study classes, which are awesomesauce. IDK about RC, but EO churches have classes for inquirers and catechumen. Regular Orthodox also go to them too because you learn things you might not have learned growing up or just forgot about or never understood, etc.
    We have RCIA. I used to sponsor adults going through the program. So much for a woman teaching a man, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    We have RCIA. I used to sponsor adults going through the program. So much for a woman teaching a man, eh?
    LOL Well, there are women Godmothers to catechumen and some other niche subjects that women can teach men. My godmother teaches iconography, for example. Since you were a "sponsor", I assume your role was similar to what an Orthodox godparent/sponsor does-help catechumen prepare for baptism/chrismation-yes? That's normal. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    LOL Well, there are women Godmothers to catechumen and some other niche subjects that women can teach men. My godmother teaches iconography, for example. Since you were a "sponsor", I assume your role was similar to what an Orthodox godparent/sponsor does-help catechumen prepare for baptism/chrismation-yes? That's normal. ~hugs~
    Yes. I also taught RE and Sacrament prep classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  12. #70
    Mr Animal's only credentials are that he has a penis, goes to Men's Club once a month (they drink beer and play cards), and plays golf with our priest once a week but I should shut up and ask him to teach me about scripture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal's only credentials are that he has a penis, goes to Men's Club once a month (they drink beer and play cards), and plays golf with our priest once a week but I should shut up and ask him to teach me about scripture?


    "Only credentials" ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "Only credentials" ?!
    Okay, he's been in the same room with a Bible. I suppose that should count, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Okay, he's been in the same room with a Bible. I suppose that should count, too.
    And he owns a bar and has probably heard a great many confessions .

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    And he owns a bar and has probably heard a great many confessions .
    And yet, he still married Suz...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.



    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  18. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    And he owns a bar and has probably heard a great many confessions .
    Well, he's $#@!ty at it because he'll come home and tell me something and not have any of the story. For example, a girl I used to work with stopped in not too long ago and told him she had a baby. he relays the information and I asked if it was a boy or girl and Mr A said, You know I don't ask those questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal's only credentials are that he has a penis, goes to Men's Club once a month (they drink beer and play cards), and plays golf with our priest once a week but I should shut up and ask him to teach me about scripture?

    Well, if he grew up Catholic and went to Mass regularly, he probably absorbed a lot that way. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Well, if he grew up Catholic and went to Mass regularly, he probably absorbed a lot that way. *shrugs*
    He went to a Catholic school but I would be shocked if he could even name the 12 apostles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  21. #78
    Proverbs 21:19 - It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

  22. #79
    Proverbs 21:16
    16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  23. #80
    Isaiah 3:12 (KJV)

    12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Well, he's $#@!ty at it because he'll come home and tell me something and not have any of the story. For example, a girl I used to work with stopped in not too long ago and told him she had a baby. he relays the information and I asked if it was a boy or girl and Mr A said, You know I don't ask those questions.
    I'm sure the baby wasn't old enough to choose a gender.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Isaiah 3:12 (KJV)

    12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
    Understanding the subject:
    https://www.studylight.org/commentar...aiah-3.html#12
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    children = little ones

  28. #84
    1 Timothy 2:9 King James Version (KJV)

    9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

  29. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    children = little ones
    The subject matter for the entire chapter; verse by verse. What was Jesus talking about?
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  30. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The subject matter for the entire chapter; verse by verse. What was Jesus talking about?
    That was a verse from Isaiah.

    Isaiah ben Amoz was a Hebrew prophet that wrote the first 39 chapters 800 years before Christ walked the earth.

  31. #87
    This is a judgement against Judah about how things go sideways in the absence of obedience to God. Read the whole chapter and you'll see that. Israel went into captivity because of disobedience.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  32. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is a judgement against Judah about how things go sideways in the absence of obedience to God. Read the whole chapter and you'll see that. Israel went into captivity because of disobedience.
    Yes, I realize that.

    That was my point.

    A nation, a society, a people, are bound to be judged when they have gone astray.

    And a sign of having gone astray, according to Isaiah and the bible, is a society ruled by "little tyrants" and women.

    Men are just as guilty, if not more so, for having abdicated our authority to keep a proper lid on things.

    This is a failing and sin of ours since Adam.



  33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  34. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That was a verse from Isaiah.

    Isaiah ben Amoz was a Hebrew prophet that wrote the first 39 chapters 800 years before Christ walked the earth.
    I meant God.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  35. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, I realize that.

    That was my point.

    A nation, a society, a people, are bound to be judged when they have gone astray.

    And a sign of having gone astray, according to Isaiah and the bible, is a society ruled by "little tyrants" and women.

    Men are just as guilty, if not more so, for having abdicated our authority to keep a proper lid on things.

    This is a failing and sin of ours since Adam.
    Ecclesiastes 1:9 (KJV)

    9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.


    Also since you chose Isaiah he considered his wife to be a prophetess.

    Isaiah 8:3
    And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. White Preachers and Black Preachers
    By TaftFan in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2015, 11:34 PM
  2. Favorite Bible Preachers/Teachers (radio and tv)
    By Kevin007 in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 10:22 PM
  3. Show me your Favorite Pastors/Priests/Rabbis/Teachers/Gurus!
    By BuddyRey in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 08:30 PM
  4. Preachers of LA (New Reality Show Trailer)
    By kcchiefs6465 in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 10:54 PM
  5. Different Standards for Black and White Preachers
    By Phantom in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •