Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bunkerville: Trial #3 begins....

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The worm turns main stream...USA today...

More:https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1001603001/
    I was hoping for an early announcement for the weekend.. but Jan.8.
    two days till the Judge decides.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I was hoping for an early announcement for the weekend.. but Jan.8.
    two days till the Judge decides.
    The government hasn't even tried to give the appearance of fairness in this trial. The government is going to drag it out. They might even try yet another "do over" since Myher did such a terrible job Sessions demoted him.

https://www.oathkeepers.org/myhre-ge...orneys-office/

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/US-...468251563.html
    U.S. District judge could end prosecution of Bundy case

Ok,, now I am eagerly awaiting

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-case-52193739
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-07-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/US-...468251563.html
    U.S. District judge could end prosecution of Bundy case

Ok,, now I am eagerly awaiting

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-case-52193739
    Well, tomorrow is decision day. The demotion of Myher, an Obama holdout, by Sessions I believe is a "loss of faith" moment. I don't think they will try again but the Feds have a lot invested.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Toady is the day.

Toady is the day.
    early but watching,,
    couple hours yet I expect
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

early but watching,,
    couple hours yet I expect
    Praying for the men and their families. I have to run my dad over for a hospital visit for my mother, but I hope there is good news when next I check.

LAS VEGAS - A U.S. District Court judge dismissed the trial with prejudice against Cliven Bundy, sons Ryan and Ammon Bundy and Montana militia leader Ryan Payne Monday morning.

Judge Gloria Navarro had declared a mistrial last month and severely criticized prosecutors for what she called "willful" violations of due process rights of defendants, including failing to properly turn over evidence to their lawyers.

The four were on trial for an armed uprising against federal authorities in 2014.

This move means the defendants can not be retried.

Navarro called the government's conduct "outrageous" and said the government failed to produce evidence about the existence of surveillance cameras, snipers, and threat assessments.
    http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/bund...dice/906741601

------------------------------------------

Nevada judge dismisses case against Cliven Bundy and sons, says government cannot retry them

A federal judge ruled Monday that the federal government may not retry Cliven Bundy and his sons after rebuking prosecutors for withholding evidence during their felony trial stemming from an armed standoff four years ago.

U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro declared a mistrial in the case last month, saying federal prosecutors willfully withheld evidence that lawyers for the Bundys and alleged co-conspirator Ryan Payne should have had access to while mounting their defense.

She said the attorneys were in violation of the Brady rule, which requires prosecutors to disclose evidence that could be favorable to a defendant, and told them it wasn’t possible to proceed with the case.

On Monday, she dismissed the case “with prejudice,” meaning the government cannot retry the defendants. "A universal sense of justice was violated," Navarro said.

It was yet another defeat for the federal government at the hands of the Bundy family, who have managed to elude prosecution in high-profile trials centered around standoffs with law enforcement over access to public land.

Twice this year, Las Vegas juries acquitted or deadlocked on felony charges against Bundy supporters. Ammon Bundy, 42, and Ryan Bundy, 44, both beat federal felony charges in a case stemming from a 41-day standoff at an Oregon wildlife preserve two years ago.

In the most recent case, the prosecutors alleged Bundy and his sons riled up supporters after the federal government came to remove grazing cattle from U.S. Bureau of Land Management property outside Bunkerville, Nev., in 2014. The government said the Bundys incindiary language and actions led to the armed standoff outside the family’s ranch about an hour north of Las Vegas.

The four defendants were charged with threatening a federal officer, carrying and using a firearm and engaging in conspiracy -- felony counts that could send them to prison for decades.

Despite the mistrial, federal prosecutors argued in a legal brief filed Dec. 29 that they didn’t willfully withhold evidence from the defense and they still planned to press ahead with another trial.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Steven Myhre wrote in his brief that the government shared 1.5 terabytes of information and noted it was “by far, the largest review and disclosure operation in this [U.S. Attorney’s Office] history.”

Myrhe also argued the government needed to protect some witnesses from leaks that might lead to threats, so it “culled the database with witness protection in mind.”

“Unprecedented database volume and witness concerns aside, the government never let these obstacles stand in the way of diligently working to fulfill its discovery obligations,” he wrote.

But defense lawyers for Payne — Renee Valadares, Brenda Weksler and Ryan Norwood — argued in their Dec. 29 briefing seeking to dismiss the case that government “failed to accept responsibility for any of its failure to disclose evidence” and the withholding of evidence was “flagrant prosecutorial misconduct.”

“The government’s irresponsible and, at times, false proffers to this Court as well as its dismissiveness toward the defense inspires no confidence in the prospect of fairness,” they wrote. “A dismissal is necessary to remedy the constitutional violations, to preserve the integrity of this court’s processes, and to deter future misconduct. Anything short of a dismissal is tantamount to condoning the government’s behavior in this case.”

The case has fueled anger and mistrust among groups who view the federal government as overzealous and overreaching in using its power and authority to squash free speech and the dominion of state’s rights.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...018-story.html
    Last edited by PursuePeace; 01-08-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post

YES!!!
    There is no spoon.

Yes ,yes ,yes..
    Praise God.
    I am going to savor this one for a bit.
    as rare as right is,, this is right.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yes ,yes ,yes..
    Praise God.
    I am going to savor this one for a bit.
    as rare as right is,, this is right.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.
    Covered!
    There is no spoon.

A VICTORY for #Liberty as all charges against the @BundyRanch guys are dropped. The #goonerment #goonsquad was so overt with their cheating and lying that their own judge had to admit it was just too much.
    http://fxn.ws/2CSvzIf #FoxNews
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Outstanding!

Two government gambits, In Oregon and Nevada, end in failure.

I'm gonna drink a tall cool glass of whiskey this evening.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

They need to free the rest of them as well,, with apology and recompense.

Ryan Payne is an American Hero,, and needs to be recognized as such. (though he will resist)
    He needs to be freed as do others still being held.

https://www.opb.org/news/series/elec...e-guilty-plea/

memory lane,
    http://outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/?p=838
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-08-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ryan Payne is an American Hero,, and needs to be recognized as such. (though he will resist)

memory lane,
    All of them need to. Unfortunately, a few are going to have to go through the political/court process. Some now are regretting taking a plea deal. Given the odds involved and the fact that the Bundy trials have been a bit of an anomaly I can't say I blame them. They were basing the plea on the belief they were facing a corrupt prosecution and a biased judge. Which they were.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 01-08-2018 at 06:22 PM.

memory lane,
    All of them need to. Unfortunately, a few are going to have to go through the political/court process. Some now are regretting taking a plea deal. Given the odds involved and the fact that the Bundy trials have been a bit of an anomaly I can't say I blame them. They were basing the plea on the belief they were facing a corrupt prosecution and a biased judge. Which they were.
    It's time for DJTvsg to Issue some Pardons, someone should tell Rand to drop a hint to him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's time for DJTvsg to Issue some Pardons, someone should tell Rand to drop a hint to him.
    Nothing short of expungement and recompense is adequate.

Nothing short of expungement and recompense is adequate.
    You are correct, I was using "Pardons" in a sloppy manner.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bundy disciple gets 68 years in connection with armed militia standoff in Nevada

https://www.rt.com/usa/397710-bundy-...gets-68-years/

A man has been sentenced to 68 years behind bars in relation to a standoff in Nevada, which came to be led by infamous rancher Cliven Bundy. He is one of two men who has been convicted in the first of many trials related to the armed standoff.
    Gregory Burleson, 53, of Phoenix was found guilty of eight felony counts in April, which included charges of obstruction of justice, threatening and assaulting federal officers, interstate travel in aid of extortion, and firearms offenses related to a crime of violence. US District Judge Gloria Navarro presided over the case.

One co-defendant in the case, Todd Engel, was also found guilty by the same jury and is awaiting a September trial. Seventeen defendants in all are implicated in the Bundy ranch standoff, Reuters reported.

Burleson is the first defendant to be tried, convicted and sent to prison in this case. Bundy and his sons, along with two other groups, are to be tried later this year and next.

Bundy’s ranch, which is near Bunkerville, Nevada, is 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The uprising that sprung up from the ranch started with a dispute involving federal agents seizing the rancher’s cattle when Bundy refused to pay government fees for grazing his livestock on government lands.

The standoff that resulted from the incident became one of the more widely-reported events in the country’s recent uptick of right-wing militias fighting the government for control of public lands.

In April, four others were granted a mistrial and are being re-tried in Nevada. Two others who were charged in the case pleaded guilty separately - one got seven years in prison, the other is to be sentenced in January, according to Trisha Young, a spokeswoman for the US Attorney’s Office in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You are correct, I was using "Pardons" in a sloppy manner.
    Sounds like the dude on the airplane trying to get another drink.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Bundy disciple gets 68 years in connection with armed militia standoff in Nevada

A man has been sentenced to 68 years behind bars in relation to a standoff in Nevada, which came to be led by infamous rancher Cliven Bundy. He is one of two men who has been convicted in the first of many trials related to the armed standoff.
    Gregory Burleson, 53, of Phoenix was found guilty of eight felony counts in April, which included charges of obstruction of justice, threatening and assaulting federal officers, interstate travel in aid of extortion, and firearms offenses related to a crime of violence. US District Judge Gloria Navarro presided over the case.

One co-defendant in the case, Todd Engel, was also found guilty by the same jury and is awaiting a September trial. Seventeen defendants in all are implicated in the Bundy ranch standoff, Reuters reported.

Burleson is the first defendant to be tried, convicted and sent to prison in this case. Bundy and his sons, along with two other groups, are to be tried later this year and next.

Bundy’s ranch, which is near Bunkerville, Nevada, is 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The uprising that sprung up from the ranch started with a dispute involving federal agents seizing the rancher’s cattle when Bundy refused to pay government fees for grazing his livestock on government lands.

The standoff that resulted from the incident became one of the more widely-reported events in the country’s recent uptick of right-wing militias fighting the government for control of public lands.

In April, four others were granted a mistrial and are being re-tried in Nevada. Two others who were charged in the case pleaded guilty separately - one got seven years in prison, the other is to be sentenced in January, according to Trisha Young, a spokeswoman for the US Attorney’s Office in Las Vegas.
    And he will rot in jail for years as his case goes through an appeal process.

Now the judge needs to reverse the other convictions and even the plea bargains due to the withholding of evidence...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

68 years...where are the victims?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Now the judge needs to reverse the other convictions and even the plea bargains due to the withholding of evidence...
    I would like to see that,,
    And Public and Official Recognition (to counter slander) of the Patriots in attendance.
    Arrests of armed government agents involved in this illegal action,,, Violation of Civil Rights under the Color of Law.
    Immediate restraining order on the BLM,, everywhere,, pending reorganization/evaporation of duties.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    68 years...where are the victims?

Good news heading into the weekend.

The Federal prosecutors filed a motion to dismiss the superseding indictment against four defendants in the Bunkerville Standoff on Wednesday, February 7th.

Defendants from Tier 2, the final group set for trial, include Dave H. Bundy, Mel D. Bundy, Joseph D. O’shaughnessy, and Jason D. Woods.

The case is, in essence, over for these four men, as the motion specifically asked for the indictment to be dismissed with prejudice. This means there is no chance for the government to come back and attempt to try them for the same charges.
    https://www.oathkeepers.org/dismissa...le-defendants/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast