Thread: PHOTOS: Mises's 35th Anniversary Gala in NYC ft. Ron Paul

Thumbs up PHOTOS: Mises's 35th Anniversary Gala in NYC ft. Ron Paul

A few weeks ago I was hired to photograph the Mises Institute's 35th Anniversary Gala, which featured speeches and panel discussions with a good segment of the Austrian economic community, including Ron Paul, Thomas Woods, Andrew Napolitano, Hans Hermann Hoppe, Joe Salerno, Thomas DiLorenzo, Robert Murphy, Paul Gottfried, Guido Hulsmann, Jeff Deist and Walter Block. Lew Rockwell was scheduled to attend, but was unable to due to a back injury. The event was held at the Hilton Midtown in NYC. You can find MANY more photos from the event HERE.

You can find more than 180 other photos from the event here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57687682784714
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These are amazing as always. Walter Block looks like he's having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    These are amazing as always. Walter Block looks like he's having a great time.
    Walter Block and Thomas Woods are hilarious.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Walter Block and Thomas Woods are hilarious.
    Yes, I've had the pleasure of working with Tom. It's always hard to get work done because everybody (including me!) would rather engage with him- he's hysterical.

Now I hope I get to work with Mr Block at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post

+ rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.