Thread: Pentagon Expands 'Terror War' To Africa: Where Is Congress?

Pentagon Expands 'Terror War' To Africa: Where Is Congress?

Pentagon Expands 'Terror War' To Africa: Where Is Congress?

Who knew that the US had 1,000 troops in Niger? What are they doing there? The Pentagon won't tell us, but Sen. Lindsay Graham assures us they are fighting for our freedom. Will Congress bother to notice as the war expands to Africa? Or will it continue to roll over for the Executive Branch and ignore the Constitution?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/922927636850073600
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Congo 1964 , 1967 , 1978 air missions , 1983 Chad air missions , 1986 Libya , retaliation bombing . 1990 Liberia , reinforced Infantry Co sent to assist evacuation from Monrovia . 1991 Zaire and Central African Republic air missions , 1992 Sierra Leone , Senegal air missions . 1992 - 1995 Somalia . 1996 Liberia , Central Africa Republic , 1997 Congo and Gabon . 1997 Sierra Leone . 1998 - 99 Guinea - Bissau , Senegal , Kenya , Tanzania , Sudan , Liberia ...... 2000 Nigeria , Sierra Leone , 2003 Liberia . 2004 Kenya , Ethiopia , Djibouti ...... 2007 Somalia . Where not noted as air missions , troops on the ground . This is from 1964 - 2007 only .

Change "Pentagon" to "Trump" in the title. They do what the commander in chief says. This is the anti intervention president many Paul voters openly embraced.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

They've got Russian i n v e s t i g a t i o n s to conduct. You know, really i m p o r t a n t things.

I do not feel like any congressman or senator can claim they are unaware of Africa operations . 2011 - present Uganda , 2012 Chad , Central Africa Republic , 2013 Mali air missions , 2014 Somalia , Tripoli . 2015 - present Camaroon .......

I'm struck by the bit at 14:40. Is McAdams an [gasp] anarchist?

"[Terrorists] can operate there, there's no government... not that we're in favor of having governments, but it's ruled by lawless gangs and it's the perfect place for them to be."

RP goes on as if that was the most natural sentiment on Earth.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Niger: Finally, A War John McCain Doesn't Love
    Where his target country was beyond US bullying (Russia), the idea of a resumption of a cold war was an option McCain liked. He is currently fulminating over a slight delay in sanctions against Russia. When all efforts to tame the world militarily fail, McCain is partial to the idea of UN troops acting as his surrogates, say in Sudan.

No war makes Johnny a sad boy. But now he's considering a subpoena over Niger.
    https://mises.org/blog/niger-finally...in-doesnt-love
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds

With the revelation that there are US military operations ongoing in Niger and countless other countries, AFRICOM is noting that they’d requested a lot more military equipment than they got, and some of that might conceivably have come in handy during the ambush.

The US special forces were, after all, sent out in unarmored vehicles, with no air surveillance, and no way of evacuating if a problem happened. Instead of questioning why they sent troops into such dangerous circumstances in the first place, officials just say it proves they should’ve been given way more equipment.

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/10/22/n...ek-more-funds/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Mali: Two Navy Seal Team 6 Members Under Suspicion of Strangling Army Green Beret in Mali

"No one has been charged in Sergeant Melgar’s death, which a military medical examiner ruled to be a homicide — strangulation, said three military officials ...

The death has been shrouded in mystery, and the biggest unanswered question is why Sergeant Melgar was killed. “NCIS does not discuss the details of ongoing investigations,” Ed Buice, the agency’s spokesman, said ...

The uncertainty has left soldiers in the tight-knit Green Beret community to speculate whether the killing might have been the result of a personal dispute among housemates gone horribly wrong or whether Sergeant Melgar might have stumbled upon some illicit activity the SEALs were involved in, and they silenced him. ..."
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-29-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

It's Africa who cares. It's not like it's a real war, with China or Russia or something
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"What seems to really be driving the CIA’s militarization of U.S. policy in Africa is China’s growing influence on the continent. As Steve Bannon put it ... “Let’s go screw up One Belt One Road.”

China is already too big and powerful for the U.S. to apply ... the Ledeen doctrine ... every 10 years or so, the United States “pick up some small crappy little country and throw it against the wall, just to show we mean business.”

China is too powerful and armed with nuclear weapons. So, in this case, the CIA’s job would be to spread violence and chaos to disrupt Chinese trade and investment, and to make African governments increasingly dependent on U.S. military aid to fight the militant groups spawned and endlessly regenerated by U.S.-led “counterterrorism” operations."

MORE:
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.