Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales from my youth

The legend of the gift of tobacco tells a story that long , long ago odd beings had come down the river somewhere near what might be upstate Ny now . These beings could kill unseen . They were tracked and killed in ambush and the dead bodies burnt and from that spot tobacco grew .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The legend of the gift of tobacco tells a story that long , long ago odd beings had come down the river somewhere near what might be upstate Ny now . These beings could kill unseen . They were tracked and killed in ambush and the dead bodies burnt and from that spot tobacco grew .
    And tobacco continues to kill unseen to this day.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And tobacco continues to kill unseen to this day.
    Is there nothing any of us can say that will not cause you to jump up and reinforce the Establishment Narrative?

Which kills more--pure tobacco, or the chemicals in Fire Safe cigarettes?

Yeah, jump up in the Indian's thread and diss sacred tobacco, because it's the Conventional Wisdom Thing to Do. Hell of a deal.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Is there nothing any of us can say that will not cause you to jump up and reinforce the Establishment Narrative?

Which kills more--pure tobacco, or the chemicals in Fire Safe cigarettes?

Yeah, jump up in the Indian's thread and diss sacred tobacco, because it's the Conventional Wisdom Thing to Do. Hell of a deal.
    Have you no sense of humor?
    Oyarde posts a story about tobacco being derived from mythical unseen killers and you think someone isn't going to make the obvious joke?

Have I ever advocated a government ban on tobacco products?

Get that chip off your shoulder and stop trying to take everything I say in the worst possible light.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Seems just recently I was telling one of my Grand daughters of The Beast of Bodmin Moor . So if you ever find yourself alone at night on the Moor in Cornwall be wary .

The Thunders are a clan of winged men who live in the heavens . They are spirit in form and can shape shift back and forth . They can kill an ordinary human with only an intent gaze . They can create powerful storms . The leader of the Clan is named Hinon. He is the oldest . While this pre dates modern Christianity by thousands of years you may see the resemblance to stories of Angels . These are also much older than Norse and Germanic tales of Thor .

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12