Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CIA Urges Trump To Delay Release Of 3,000 Never-Before-Seen Documents On JFK Assassination

CIA Urges Trump To Delay Release Of 3,000 Never-Before-Seen Documents On JFK Assassination

http://theduran.com/cia-urges-potus-...ohn-f-kennedy/

October 17, 2017

More than 3,000 never-before-seen documents from the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department on the assassination of John F. Kennedy are scheduled be released, with many experts fearing that such a large release of secret JFK assassination documents will spur “a new generation of conspiracy theories.”

According to Roger Stone, the CIA is urging President Donald Trump to delay disclosing some of the files for another 25 years.

Roger Stone said in a post on his website…

“They must reflect badly on the CIA even though virtually everyone involved is long dead.”

Newsmax reports:

More than 3,000 never-before-seen documents from the FBI, CIA, and Justice Department are set to be released, along with 30,000 that have only been partially released in the past. The document dump “will simply fuel a new generation of conspiracy theories,” write Philip Shenon and Larry J. Sabato.

Sabato is the director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics and author of “The Kennedy Half-Century” and Shenon is a former reporter for the New York Times and author of, “A Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy Assassination.”

The CIA is urging President Donald Trump to delay disclosing some of the files for another 25 years according to friend and political adviser Roger Stone but the National Archives would not say whether any agencies have appealed the release of the documents.

According to The Gateway Pundit Roger Stone and Gerald Posner, two New York Times bestselling authors who are polar opposites about who killed JFK, have joined together to urge Donald Trump to release all the remaining classified files on Kennedy’s assassination.

About 3,100 files are still sealed in the National Archives. Under the 1992 JFK Records Act, the Archives have until October 26 to decide which of those files to publicly disclose.

Some of the classified documents include a CIA personality study of Oswald, top-secret testimony of former CIA officers to congressional committees, transcripts of interrogations with Soviet defector and Oswald handler Yuri Nosenko, letters about the case from J. Edgar Hoover and Jackie Kennedy, the CIA file on Jack Wasserman, the attorney for New Orleans mob boss Carlos Marcello, and the operational file of E. Howard Hunt, career spy and Watergate burglar.

Roger Stone, in his bestselling 2013 The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ, set forth the case that LBJ was the mastermind of plot that included the CIA, the Mob and Big Texas Oil to kill Kennedy.

Gerald Posner, in his 1993 bestselling finalist for the Pulitzer for History, Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK, concluded that the Warren Commission conclusions are correct and Oswald acting alone had killed Kennedy.

While they might not agree on who killed Kennedy, Stone and Posner are longstanding advocates for the release of all the government files on the assassination.

“These files should have been released long ago,” says Posner. “The government does this all the time, over classified documents and then holds on to them for decades under the guise of ‘national security.’ All the secrecy just feeds people’s suspicions that the government has something to hide and adds fuel to conspiracy theories.” Posner is convinced the case will still be closed when the last document is made public.

”I know CIA Director Pompeo is urging the President to delay release of these records for another 25 years,” said Stone. “They must reflect badly on the CIA even though virtually everyone involved is long dead.” Stone believes the evidence supporting the case in his book is still hidden somewhere in government files.

Both authors called on President Trump – who is empowered to make the final decision should the National Archives or CIA balk on releasing all the files – to opt for transparency.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Truly the sign of $#@!ty government must be their fear of conspiracy theorists.

After all g-men, if you got nothing to hide...

Oldest con job in the business: Please don't throw me in that briar patch

Now everybody will believe what gets released.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I will just take Hunts file and Marcello's lawyers file .

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Oldest con job in the business: Please don't throw me in that briar patch

Now everybody will believe what gets released.
    Would that at least make Trump an accessory?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Would that at least make Trump an accessory?
    Or a patsy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

JFK was changed to a black guy and was living with Elvis for awhile...

“…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Although for a cut-throat, New York business man with an allegedly high IQ, he sure gets conned a lot. :P

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I will just take Hunts file and Marcello's lawyers file .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Although for a cut-throat, New York business man with an allegedly high IQ, he sure gets conned a lot. :P
    They only need him to reject their pleas, so someone else whispers in his ear that that they are the bad guys (quite true) and that the truth should come out (also true) then he plays the big bad populist and defies them by releasing the partially or completely altered evidence, he would have no way to check out their authenticity, no one would, the events are too old.

My guess as to what lies (pun intended) in the briar patch? RUSSIA DID IT, MAYBE PUTIN HIMSELF.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm sure it will all be properly redacted.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

This was such a tragedy when it happened. I will always remember where I was, when I saw the documentary for this on TV.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

JFK to 911 Everything Is A Rich Man's Trick

Long film by a British film producer, but well worth the time to invest in watching. Backed up with a lot of footage - best piece I have ever seen on the subject.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

How long will they delay releasing the files on Obama, Hillary, Wasserman-Schultz, Becerra and the Awan brothers?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

According to his Twitter, he will let release happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How long will they delay releasing the files on Obama, Hillary, Wasserman-Schultz, Becerra and the Awan brothers?
    ~ 60 years

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This was such a tragedy when it happened. I will always remember where I was, when I saw the documentary for this on TV.
    bull$#@!, you were in grassy knoll

J.G. Hornberger’s take: Continued Coverup

Last Friday, President Trump made the following announcement … : Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.” (Italics added.)
    The operative words, of course, are: “Subject to the receipt of further information….”

What is going on here?
    Negotiations. The art of the deal. The CIA desperately does not want to show the American people its long-secret JFK-related records. It has asked Trump to continue keeping at least some of them secret notwithstanding the passage of more than 50 years since the Kennedy assassination. …

in Washington, D.C., when someone asks someone else for a favor, the person who is in a position to grant the favor demands something in return. That’s where the negotiations between Trump and the CIA come into play. Trump wants something in return. We don’t know what … but his announcement last Friday is obviously part of the concluding steps of such negotiations.

What Trump has done with his announcement is send a clear message to the CIA: “Give me what I want and I’ll give you want you want. Otherwise, I will let all your cherished long-secret records relating to the JFK assassination be shown to the American people.

Make no mistake about it: A deal is about to be made. The CIA will cave. … And once the CIA gives Trump what he wants, he will cave and give the CIA the continued secrecy

The CIA has asked the president to continue secrecy of records that are more than 50 years old … The CIA’s ground? “National security” of course, the two most important and meaningless words in the American political lexicon. … The CIA says that releasing its decades-old JFK records will reveal secret “methods” of intelligence gathering. Really? What, like the CIA was using typewriters instead of computers and pay telephones instead of cell phones?

What is amazing (or not) is the extreme nonchalance of the mainstream media to the CIA’s request for continued secrecy. That should be big news. It’s essentially an admission of guilt, given that it is absolutely ludicrous to think that “national security” would be threatened by the release of the CIA’s long-secret JFK-assassination-related records. …

Oswald … said he was being framed. Yet, from the very beginning, the mainstream media has never given any serious consideration to the possibility that Oswald was framed …

why the CIA was closely monitoring Oswald’s movements prior to the assassination …

The first organization that came out with a press release advertising Oswald’s bona fides was the DRE, an anti-communist group in New Orleans with which Oswald had had contact. What no one knew at the time, and what the CIA intentionally kept secret for decades, was that the DRE was a CIA front organization. It was being generously funded by the CIA and controlled by a secret CIA agent named George Joannides, which the CIA would intentionally keep secret from the Warren Commission in the 1960s, the House Select Committee in the 1970s, and the Assassination Records Review Board in the 1990s. …

another big operation … Oswald’s trip to Mexico City, where he visited the Cuban and Soviet embassies … the official investigation into it was quickly shut down during the early post-assassination period. Today, Oswald’s Mexico City trip, which is part of those CIA records ready to be released, is still shrouded in mystery. …

its ridiculous claim of “national security.” … there has to be a reason why the CIA chose to keep this particular batch of records secret for more than 50 years. Those long-secret records undoubtedly include small bits of important circumstantial evidence … [?] the mosaic of a regime-change operation that took place in Dallas in November 1963 [?] …

In 1953, the CIA was in the process of developing a top-secret manual on assassinations, one that showed that the CIA was specializing not only in the art of assassination but also in the art of covering up its role in state-sponsored assassinations. …
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-24-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

If our government could brainstorm and the DOD ratify something as idiotic and evil as Operation Northwoods, they can certainly kill presidents.

Conspiracies of the past to distract us from the conspiracies of the present....
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

good on Trump. a true hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    The word "hero" has truly lost all meaning.

Lol. Assuming what is released isn't some altered disinformation which they've had years to prepare for and it truly reveals corruption of the past, what good do you think would come of it? Why is Trump more focused on "exposing corruption" from events years ago that cant be changed when he could expose corruption of things currently going on now..oh because he's involved in that corruption.. that's why.

Look over to the shiny object on the left, as I screw you over from the right.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Donald Trump reveals classified JFK assassination files will be released today

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3668161.html

Donald Trump has revealed the much-anticipated files on the assassination of John F Kennedy will be released today.

The president hyped up the classified files as “so interesting” in a tweet announcing their release.

He wrote:
    The final batch of files is expected to reveal details of the investigation into the assassination.

They were scheduled to be released by Thursday as a result of a 1990s law and Mr Trump chose not to block their release.

The trove is expected to include more than 3,000 documents that have never been seen by the public and more than 30,000 that have been previously released but with redactions.

The anticipated release has had scholars and armchair detectives buzzing. But it's unlikely the documents will contain any big revelations on a tragedy that has stirred conspiracy theories for decades, Judge John Tunheim told The Associated Press.

Mr Tunheim was chairman of the independent agency in the 1990s that made public many assassination records and decided how long others could remain secret.

The files reportedly represent one per cent of the total number of files in the investigation.

President Kennedy was shot dead in Dallas in 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald. It is thought the files could relate to Oswald’s trip to Mexico City weeks before the killing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/jf...-looms-n814691

Under a 1992 law inspired by the conspiracist movie "JFK," the National Archives was supposed to have released all of the remaining records by midnight ET — unless President Donald Trump objected on national security grounds.

In the end, the president allowed the release of 2,891 of at least 3,140 documents, with the rest subject to a 180-day review of redactions from objecting agencies. The White House said later that the remaining records would be released "on a rolling basis in the coming weeks."
    They've only had 25 years to get those files ready for release...
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Errr......just heard that only 50 pages of the total release is new material.

Sending researchers down an old rabbit hole?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Sig material.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Sig material.
    A reflection of reality we all live in.

So nearly 300 pages were withheld and circulated through the intel complex for further redactions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast