Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George W Bush Speech 10/19: Last Gasps of NeoConservativism

George W Bush Speech 10/19: Last Gasps of NeoConservativism

Just finished live on Fox at the George W. Bush Institute in New York. Without naming Trump he was slamming the direction the country is moving in his public protest against "isolationism" and that we must not turn away from globalism, open borders, his so called "free trade" and militarism.

Video below. thx
    Last edited by kahless; 10-19-2017 at 10:12 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last gasps?! Are you serious?

Neoconservatism is alive, well, and thriving! North Korea?? Iran?? Syria?? Yemen???

I mean, is there a place where we are NOT intervening either by force or sanction?! Is there a place where we have fewer sanctions or less force?

I really think you guys need to get your heads back in the game.

Remember, global trade is a good thing - it's global governance that is the problem. Trade globally, govern locally.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Dubya is totally unconvincing in delivering the speech. Why do they even bring him back? To rub it in our noses? Hey look, this is your former ruler. I suspect Russians might be involved in this.

Bush is a great person except for all the awful things he's done. I think I'll make him my avatar.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Neoconservatism is alive, well, and thriving! North Korea?? Iran?? Syria?? Yemen???.
    The speech to me sounded like Neocon desperation. I first wrote "aka Neo-Conservative Screeching", probably should have left it.

Remember, global trade is a good thing - it's global governance that is the problem. Trade globally, govern locally.
    Calling Bush a free trader is like when a Neocon says their Libertarian and we are supposed to believe it. The Bush global trade policies were not free trade but rather managed trade for the sole benefit of the monopolies and Oligarchs, screw everyone else.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-19-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Dubya is totally unconvincing in delivering the speech. Why do they even bring him back? To rub it in our noses? Hey look, this is your former ruler. I suspect Russians might be involved in this.
    He even threw a bone to the far left taking a stand against "White Supremacy" which drew big applause. As if that is really a thing.

It was the worst rhetoric from the Neocon establishment, hardcore globalists and the far left all rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He even threw a bone to the far left taking a stand against "White Supremacy" which drew big applause. As if that is really a thing.

It was the worst rhetoric from the Neocon establishment, hardcore globalists and the far left all rolled into one.
    I am sure he does not even know what he is saying.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Bush is a great person except for all the awful things he's done. I think I'll make him my avatar.
    Might as well.

We have the Che fanboy here.

I'm sure that GWB has killed far more people than Che.

I'm thinking about starting a thread entitled "The Libertarian Case for Charlie Manson".

So thankful the Bush-Clinton era is over!

video
    Fanning the flames of racism for political gain. As much as I cannot stand Bush I did not expect him to play that card. The globalists like Bush see the overton window moving from globalism to nationalism and they are that desperate to associate nationalism with racism to put a stop to it.

"blasphemy against the American creed". Yes, we worship America like a religion and must not blasphemy against our government God.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-19-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Calling Bush a free trader is like when a Neocon says their Libertarian and we are supposed to believe it. The Bush global trade policies were not free trade but rather managed trade for the sole benefit of the monopolies and Oligarchs, screw everyone else.
    Who said what now??

I was commenting on your post - not Bush policies. (the video wasn't posted when I replied) You seemed to suggest that neoconservatism wasn't rampant in the current administration. And that globalism is a bad thing, without making the distinction between global trade and global governance. GWB is an idiot! But that doesn't make the current direction of this country any LESS idiotic!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

GWB is an idiot! But that doesn't make the current direction of this country any LESS idiotic!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Self-Correction?? Are they old enough to remember the Dubya presidency, or are they too old to remember?

Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-19-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Neoconservatism is alive, well, and thriving!
    Then why are they complaining?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Might as well.

We have the Che fanboy here.

I'm sure that GWB has killed far more people than Che.

I'm thinking about starting a thread entitled "The Libertarian Case for Charlie Manson".
    Hey don't forget the people like me who have Trump avatards.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Then why are they complaining?
    Because that's what they do. Lefties complained about Bush... but did the same thing. Righties complained about Obama... But they do the same thing. They both complain about Trump... But he's doing the same things!

Dammit, dannno, we've been over this. The "establishment" fight amongst themselves about EVERYTHING! They all want the ring of power. But they all want to make the ring more powerful, too! That's what unites them.

Here's a simple test... Are any of them talking about "not" intervening with force or sanctions?! Or are they just arguing about which force and which sanctions to use in which places??? They all want to govern the world - they just have different ways of using the power. But NONE of them ever thinks about giving the power up.

Because that's what they do. Lefties complained about Bush... but did the same thing. Righties complained about Obama... But they do the same thing. They both complain about Trump... But he's doing the same things!

Dammit, dannno, we've been over this. The "establishment" fight amongst themselves about EVERYTHING! They all want the ring of power. But they all want to make the ring more powerful, too! That's what unites them.

Here's a simple test... Are any of them talking about "not" intervening with force or sanctions?! Or are they just arguing about which force and which sanctions to use in which places??? They all want to govern the world - they just have different ways of using the power. But NONE of them ever thinks about giving the power up.
    Ok, so the neocons are fighting Trump for the ring of power.. What faction is Trump in?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ok, so the neocons are fighting Trump for the ring of power.. What faction is Trump in?
    Whichever one will help him forge his legacy. It changes day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Whichever one will help him forge his legacy. It changes day to day.
    Precisely! Usually, it’s whoever is the last person in the room with him that convinces him which policy will do that.

Precisely! Usually, it’s whoever is the last person in the room with him that convinces him which policy will do that.
    So he isn't really beholden to any particular group?

Just finished live on Fox at the George W. Bush Institute in New York. Without naming Trump he was slamming the direction the country is moving in his public protest against "isolationism" and that we must not turn away from globalism, open borders, his so called "free trade" and militarism.

Video below. thx
    Hmm...who else was accused of "isolationism" too. The globalists are running scared.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Didn't get a chance to listen to the speech yet. Is it safe to say he used the same speech writers that McCain used earlier?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So he isn't really beholden to any particular group?
    This collectivism of yours is really going to keep you confused. People are not groups. They are individuals. Each of them have individual desires. As a group, what you consider to be "establishment" are really just a bunch of individuals who jockey for position to use the power acquired over the populace for their own benefit. Their main concern is how to use the power for their own wishes and how to grow that power.

So, if you think of things in those terms, Trump is "beholden" to the same "group" as the rest of the establishment. But I guess you're talking about left/right??? Does that even matter to you?

This collectivism of yours is really going to keep you confused. People are not groups. They are individuals. Each of them have individual desires. As a group, what you consider to be "establishment" are really just a bunch of individuals who jockey for position to use the power acquired over the populace for their own benefit. Their main concern is how to use the power for their own wishes and how to grow that power.

So, if you think of things in those terms, Trump is "beholden" to the same "group" as the rest of the establishment. But I guess you're talking about left/right??? Does that even matter to you?
    I don't think Donald Trump is in "the club" that Obama/Hillary/Bush/McCain are in. Maybe he is, but I haven't seen any strong evidence. Most of the evidence seems to point in the other direction. Ya, his foreign policy is pretty bad, but not as bad as the establishment, and he is a lot better in many other areas.

Caught a bit of Mark Levin show today. He was critical of GWB speech due to the fact that GWB never criticized Obama.

My response:

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/921202767833780224
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Race Card

In the midst of a tsunami of divisive race baiting crapola, dubya has to gall to blame Russia for a divided America?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I don't think Donald Trump is in "the club" that Obama/Hillary/Bush/McCain are in. Maybe he is, but I haven't seen any strong evidence. Most of the evidence seems to point in the other direction. Ya, his foreign policy is pretty bad, but not as bad as the establishment, and he is a lot better in many other areas.
    Killing For Peace? More Civilian Deaths Now Than Under Obama
    Written by Daniel McAdams
    Thursday October 19, 2017

Now that ISIS is all but defeated in Syria, with ISIS control of Raqqa having been ended just last week, why is the US military not going home? After all, that is the mission that was given the military by President Obama in 2014: defeat ISIS. But the US is not going home. In fact it is expanding its presence in Syria and is not about to leave Iraq. Rules of engagement have been loosened, airstrikes have increased. Are the neocons going to "remake the Middle East" yet again? This and more in today's Liberty Report:
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...n-under-obama/
    There is no spoon.

Who said what now??

I was commenting on your post - not Bush policies. (the video wasn't posted when I replied) You seemed to suggest that neoconservatism wasn't rampant in the current administration. And that globalism is a bad thing, without making the distinction between global trade and global governance. GWB is an idiot! But that doesn't make the current direction of this country any LESS idiotic!
    The point is that multilateral trade deals have been HORRIBLE. This is what they are calling "global trade". Stop the BS; you know this.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast