Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump Told a Soldier’s Widow Her Husband ‘Knew What He Signed Up For,’ His Mother Says

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "....but no lazies." Of course. From your perspective.
    Yeah , I do not really expect they can keep up with me , as long as the can follow instructions and improvise from there .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think I need to point out to you that nearly one quarter of the Marines , Navy and Air Force did not vote . Do you think that is acceptable ?
    Troll.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Troll.
    It is not easy having to constantly lead from the front. Since I am a Great Patriot though I push on .

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Wilson told CNN that she is not trying to prove anything about Trump, and he "evidently is lying, because what I said is true. I have no reason to lie on the president of the United States, with a dead soldier in my community. I have no time. I have no motive."
    I call BOLLOCKS, she is pushing the Trump is a racist, Trump is mentally ill narrative!

She is associated with Black Caucus: https://wilson.house.gov/media-cente...for-the-people

She has a history of associating with pro African-American groups, rather than diversity focused groups.

She has a history of disliking Trump: http://www.businessinsider.com/who-i...-trump-2017-10

She supports his impeachment: https://congressionalblackcaucus.com...impeachment-2/

She is a hypocrite and a blowhard fool: "She has asked former House Speaker John Boehner to waive the rule prohibiting the wearing of hats on the floor of the House of Representatives, a rule in place since 1837."
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    I call BOLLOCKS, she is pushing the Trump is a racist, Trump is mentally ill narrative!

She is associated with Black Caucus: https://wilson.house.gov/media-cente...for-the-people

She has a history of associating with pro African-American groups, rather than diversity focused groups.

She has a history of disliking Trump: http://www.businessinsider.com/who-i...-trump-2017-10

She supports his impeachment: https://congressionalblackcaucus.com...impeachment-2/

She is a hypocrite and a blowhard fool: "She has asked former House Speaker John Boehner to waive the rule prohibiting the wearing of hats on the floor of the House of Representatives, a rule in place since 1837."

What did you expect from an Ender post?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think I need to point out to you that nearly one quarter of the Marines , Navy and Air Force did not vote . Do you think that is acceptable ?
    Thats in large part because a lot of our troops come home unfortunately with PTSD and other mental illnesses.

It's very sad.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Did you read this post of mine?

I do think the women took the remarks very negatively, whether Trump meant it or not. Besides the grieving wife, the Congresswomen knew the soldier personally and I believe was his principal some years ago. The wife seemed heartbroken over the fact that Trump didn't seem to know the soldier's name and kept calling him "Your guy".

If it is someone extremely dear to you, it's a little hard to forgive seeming nonchalance over their death- even if it wasn't meant to sound that way. Trump is terrible with words & really needs to shut up & stay off Twitter.

And, off topic- the whole killing of these men is under suspicion- seems to be some secretive stuff attached to the tragedy. Time will tell
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What did you expect from an Ender post?
    Just. Stop.
    There is no spoon.

And, if anyone cares, the fallen soldier's mother confirmed what the Congresswoman said:

The Department of Defense initially withheld news of Johnson’s death in “hopes he would be found alive”. Military officials said Johnson had activated his military beacon and the military had been able to track him before the signal faded.

It remains unclear if Johnson, the ambush’s fourth confirmed US casualty, was killed during the initial fight or was first captured. Officials have not said how he died.

Shortly before Johnson’s body arrived at Miami airport on Tuesday, his wife Myeshia Johnson received the condolence call during which Trump reportedly told the grieving widow her husband “knew what he was signing up for, but I guess it hurts anyway”.

The comments, vigorously denied by Trump, were made public by Florida congresswoman Frederica Wilson who had been in the car with Johnson’s widow. Wilson’s description of the call was later backed up by the slain soldier’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, who also heard the call on speaker phone.

“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” Jones-Johnson told the Washington Post.

According to Wilson, Trump was unable to to recall the name of the fallen soldier during his conversation with Johnson’s widow.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part,” Wilson told MSNBC.

“It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

According to the military journal Task & Purpose, Johnson enlisted in the Army in January 2014 as a wheeled vehicle mechanic.

His awards and decorations include the Army Achievement Medal, the Army Good Conduct Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Army Parachutist Badge, the Army Air Assault Badge, the Driver and Mechanic Badge and the Marksmanship Qualification Badge – Sharpshooter with Rifle.

He leaves behind a wife and two children, whose names were tattooed on his chest. Sgt Johnson’s third child is due in January.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-remarks
    There is no spoon.

Oh yes, sure. ...And I heard Obama verified it too, and he wasn't even in the car! Amazing, just amazing!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

@Weston White: Oh yes, sure. ...And I heard Obama verified it too, and he wasn't even in the car! Amazing, just amazing!
    I don't believe the wife & mother are lying.

What I read earlier today was that the Congresswoman mentioned it in an interview but was mostly talking about Trump not knowing the soldier's name. Trump exploded on Twitter and called her a liar. All that any person, with some spark of courtesy and thoughtfulness for a bereaved family of a fallen decorated soldier, would need to do is be willing to apologize for his words, that might have been taken wrong, and tell them how proud he was of the soldier.

Instead he chose to mouth off, say he never said it, and get his ego in the way.

My main point is, again, that Trump needs to keep his mouth shut and stay off twitter.
    Last edited by Ender; 10-19-2017 at 02:04 AM.
    There is no spoon.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't believe the wife & mother are lying.

What I read earlier today was that the Congresswoman mentioned it in an interview but was mostly talking about Trump not knowing the soldier's name. Trump exploded on Twitter and called her a liar. All that any person, with some spark of courtesy and thoughtfulness for a bereaved family of a fallen decorated soldier, would need to do is be willing to apologize for his words, that might have been taken wrong, and tell them how proud he was of the soldier.

Instead he chose to mouth off, say he never said it, and get his ego in the way.

My main point is, again, that Trump needs to keep his mouth shut and stay off twitter.
    Oh I don't doubt that, he faltered, but they congresswoman is exploiting it and does have an agenda. This was intended to be a private phone call, she made it public to further the push to impeach Trump, shame on her for this. This was an absolute setup to demean and discredit Trump; they were going to complaint about something no matter what it was, his tone of voice, his lack of concern, whatever. Remember his name, seriously, as if he personally knows the guy (dude was already active from before Trump's administration anyways), it is a lame political stunt through and through, and it should have been avoided, as it in the end, pointless. Just make sure his contracts are honored and his final resting place as well, leave it at that and move on to other things.

The congresswoman is clearly lying about her motives and the family is very willing to aid her, if they have to tell a few white-lies so be it.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Why get your panties twisted either way? Regardless of the truth in this, the facts are that Trump is the President during a time of unconstitutional wars and is spreading our citizens blood all over foreign land. Why? For the profits and power of the MIC.

So unless he said, "I'm sorry I allowed this to continue under my watch. Please forgive me...." I dont give a flying $#@! if he said 'your guy' 'that guy' signed up for' or anything else for that matter. $#@! him in his ear and $#@! you goobers for caring so damn much, which is what the MSM wants you to do.

....exactly...only a pathetic, trifling, brain-laundered republicrat cheerleader could defend ANY of these stinking rotten bank$ter-puppet politicians...

Oh I don't doubt that, he faltered, but they congresswoman is exploiting it and does have an agenda. This was intended to be a private phone call, she made it public to further the push to impeach Trump, shame on her for this. This was an absolute setup to demean and discredit Trump; they were going to complaint about something no matter what it was, his tone of voice, his lack of concern, whatever. Remember his name, seriously, as if he personally knows the guy (dude was already active from before Trump's administration anyways), it is a lame political stunt through and through, and it should have been avoided, as it in the end, pointless. Just make sure his contracts are honored and his final resting place as well, leave it at that and move on to other things.

The congresswoman is clearly lying about her motives and the family is very willing to aid her, if they have to tell a few white-lies so be it.
    Dude- would you really be lying & playing the politics game if your son or wife just died?

The Congresswoman- very possible- but the family?
    There is no spoon.

Dude- would you really be lying & playing the politics game if your son or wife just died?

Don't blame the politicians blame the people who elected them. We had a chance to bring the troops home, multiple times, if they don't like it they should blame themselves. Civilized people make a civil society not civilized government.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    That is bull$#@! and you know it. The Pentagon hadn't finished their protocol and notification until YESTERDAY. That is the earliest he could have spoken on it and made calls. I never thought I would be in a position to defend Trump on anything, but this is certifiably insane that you all are towing the leftist media line on it.
    i saw that in September 2016 when everyone was piling on Trump for things he never said contextually. I don't support emotionally insane people. Trump got my support by default.

If the family dislikes Trump or is black-power, absolutely.

Curious, do you believe your argument applies to following familiy reactions and therefore you agree with their view that Obama/Hillary had lied to/disrespected families of troops killed under Obama's watch?

Politics

Father of Fallen Soldier Says White House Turned Down Request for Obama Phone Call

Published January 07, 2011

Shown here is Sgt. Sean Collins, who was killed Dec. 12 in Afghanistan. (Q13 FOX)

It was bad enough that after Sgt. Sean Collins was killed in Afghanistan his parents received a senator's letter of condolence with the wrong name.
    But the soldier's father says the White House added to the sting by subsequently turning down a request for President Obama to personally call Collins' mother.

Pat Collins, a retired lieutenant colonel, told Q13 FOX in Seattle that the family was told last month that the president could not fit it "into his schedule" to call mother Linda Collins about their son's death. Pat Collins, who initially made the request with the White House, said he would've understood, except for the fact that around the same time, Obama found an opening in his schedule for a much-publicized phone conversation with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie.

"He is the president of the United States, and he's a very busy man, very important man -- but then to find out that he fit it into his schedule to call the president of the Eagles to thank him for giving Michael Vick a second chance, that kind of burns a little bit," Collins said.
    After the attack, the Collins family received a letter of condolence from Washington Sen. Maria Cantwell. The top of the letter got Sgt. Sean Collins' name right, but the final paragraph referred to him as "Bryn."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...ama-phone.html

September 26, 2012
    Father Of Fallen Marine Killed In "Insider Attack" Assails Obama, Says Bring Them Home

On Laura Ingraham's nationally syndicated radio program today, the father of fallen U.S. Marine Greg Buckley Jr., who was killed by an Afghani soldier in an insider attack, spoke out against President Obama and the situation in Afghanistan.
    Greg Buckley, Sr.'s son Greg, Jr., died on August 10, when an Afghan Police officer fired multiple AK-47 rounds into his chest as he worked out on an exercise bench at a Marine base in Afghanistan.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...them_home.html

Mother of Sean Smith who was killed in Benghazi calls Hillary Clinton liar
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Mother-U-S- killed-Benghazi-calls-...
    Jan 14, 2016 - Mother of State Department official killed in Benghazi lashes out at Clinton ... I went up to all of them, begging them to tell me what happened.

This news may vindicate Trump's claims about Obama at least partially if not completely, news stories like these most likely shaped views of GOP base/military background advisors around Trump now.
    It is remarkable in that it is not just about a family not receiving the call but Obama White House actually rejecting request of a family of a soldier killed under Obama's watch who wanted to have a phone call with then President:

Father of Fallen Soldier Says White House Turned Down Request for Obama Phone Call

Published January 07, 2011

Shown here is Sgt. Sean Collins, who was killed Dec. 12 in Afghanistan. (Q13 FOX)

It was bad enough that after Sgt. Sean Collins was killed in Afghanistan his parents received a senator's letter of condolence with the wrong name.
    But the soldier's father says the White House added to the sting by subsequently turning down a request for President Obama to personally call Collins' mother.

Pat Collins, a retired lieutenant colonel, told Q13 FOX in Seattle that the family was told last month that the president could not fit it "into his schedule" to call mother Linda Collins about their son's death. Pat Collins, who initially made the request with the White House, said he would've understood, except for the fact that around the same time, Obama found an opening in his schedule for a much-publicized phone conversation with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie.

"He is the president of the United States, and he's a very busy man, very important man -- but then to find out that he fit it into his schedule to call the president of the Eagles to thank him for giving Michael Vick a second chance, that kind of burns a little bit," Collins said.

After the attack, the Collins family received a letter of condolence from Washington Sen. Maria Cantwell. The top of the letter got Sgt. Sean Collins' name right, but the final paragraph referred to him as "Bryn."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...ama-phone.html

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice distraction for the real news of the day as we are all learning the details of how the Obama holdovers in the FBI/DOJ have been covering up the Obama/Clinton/Russian collusion 5+ yrs now. The fabricated "Trump-Russian" stuff was just to run out the clock on the SoL against Hillary. Lastly, I question Trump's admiration for the military far less than any democrat's penchant for the truth any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    i saw that in September 2016 when everyone was piling on Trump for things he never said contextually. I don't support emotionally insane people. Trump got my support by default.
    Yes and the establishment GOP did the same thing to Ron Paul. Non-interventionism equating to isolationism persists to this day.

Distraught parents are distraught parents.

non-news

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

No - and she IS - which is why the VAST MAJORITY of people in this thread find this so disgusting and despicable about her - it is precisely what Sheriff Joe explained in the video Danke posted.. It is THE primary reason conservatives are so upset about what she is doing. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

$580,866 of $1.0M goal

Created October 16, 2017

This campaign is trending!

https://www.gofundme.com/sgt-la-davi...on-scholarship
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-19-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Kind of like the Hitlery recount scam.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If you so-called liberty people had put up a halfway decent candidate you might have actually got some votes.
    So Ron and Rand weren't even halfway decent? Wow.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    So Ron and Rand weren't even halfway decent? Wow.
    She was referring to the libertarian candidate in 2016, libertarians aren't responsible for who the GOP nominates.

Sad that for example, the Uranium One thread, a good developing story with a lot of players and a lot of government corruption involved, only has 26 replies and this thread already has 88 replies as of this post. It seems in the past we would have been so gleeful to have such a major story like the Uranium story, exposing so many levels of government corruption in many different government agencies, but perhaps that time has passed and we opt for garbage drama like this.

It's as if people excitedly rush to be divided and prefer it, which may be the aim the OP is capitalizing on. I realize by merely posting this here I am adding to the frenzy in some way so this will be my last post.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast