Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Told a Soldier’s Widow Her Husband ‘Knew What He Signed Up For,’ His Mother Says

MSM forgot we were even bleeding for Niger... hell, so did I until a couple weeks ago... what are we doing there again?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    MSM forgot we were even bleeding for Niger... hell, so did I until a couple weeks ago... what are we doing there again?
    Protecting our freedoms? Fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://time.com/4986918/us-military-...-investigaton/

The Defense Department Is Looking Into Why Four U.S. Soldiers Died in Niger

The Defense Department is opening an investigation into the deaths of four U.S. soldiers in Niger earlier this month, as President Trump faces criticism for how he has approached the bereaved families.

The probe will examine the military's preparation for the operation as questions swirl about the quality of the U.S. Africa Command's intelligence reports, including why the October 4 ambush wasn't anticipated, CNN reports.

The soldiers, part of a 12-strong Special Forces team led by Green Berets, were on their back from a meeting with local community leaders when they were ambushed by a group of 50 ISIS-affiliated fighters armed with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades, according to CNN. The soldiers were reportedly only armed with rifles and their vehicles were not armored. The attack lasted 30 minutes until French air support dispersed the militants and helicopters evacuated American forces.

The four soldiers killed in the shootout— Staff Sgt. Bryan Black, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Johnson, and Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright, and Sgt. La David Johnson — were the first American soldiers killed by hostile fire since the U.S. began providing training and assistance to local military forces, the New York Times reported. Another soldiers two injured in the attack and were taken to Niamey, the capital, about 124 miles away.

The probe is also expected to look into how one of the slain soldiers, Sgt. La David Johnson, became separated from the rest of the group. His body was recovered 48 hours later.

President Trump received criticism this past week for failing to personally address the incident or make phone calls to families of the slain soldiers. When Johnson's body was returned to Dover Air Force Base on October 7, Trump was golfing.

They haven't quite gotten to the botom of that Benghazi thing, have they? At this point, what does it matter? Hillary may not recall saying that, though. Sheesh, Zippy, some days you hit below the belt and ignore the atrocities committed by your side.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    They haven't quite gotten to the botom of that Benghazi thing, have they? At this point, what does it matter? Hillary may not recall saying that, though. Sheesh, Zippy, some days you hit below the belt and ignore the atrocities committed by your side.
    SOME DAYS?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Protecting our freedoms? Fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here?
    Ah! Of course, thank you Commissar!

Where's the outrage that we're recolonizing Africa? Are the Black Caucus, NAACP, and the Nation of Islam ok with neo-colonialism in 2017, as long as we bleed equal parts for their distant, distant relatives as we do for the Semites?

"You're fighting too many European and Asian wars, and not African wars!"

Is it just me, or is everybody missing the point?

The biggest problem Trump faces, is that his enemies are willing to murder to get what they want, or murder to hang on to what they have. American citizens. American soldiers - doesn't matter.

Good people aren't willing to do that.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump only called after media criticized him about having nothing to say on the attack.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...s-deaths-niger
    That is bull$#@! and you know it. The Pentagon hadn't finished their protocol and notification until YESTERDAY. That is the earliest he could have spoken on it and made calls. I never thought I would be in a position to defend Trump on anything, but this is certifiably insane that you all are towing the leftist media line on it.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Are the Black Caucus, NAACP, and the Nation of Islam ok with neo-colonialism in 2017?
    The real Uncle Toms.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    That is bull$#@! and you know it. The Pentagon hadn't finished their protocol and notification until YESTERDAY. That is the earliest he could have spoken on it and made calls. I never thought I would be in a position to defend Trump on anything, but this is certifiably insane that you all are towing the leftist media line on it.
    What is their notification protocol? The death was two weeks prior and the body had already been returned. A President can't express condolences before then?

https://www.spousebuzz.com/blog/2013...r-injured.html

The news is supposed to reach you within 12 hours of his death. The services use that time to get their notification team together, find your address and send someone to your home. If you live near the base and have all your contact information up to date with your unit, they’ll arrive at your home very quickly. If you’ve moved and live far away from any base, it may take the full 12 hours. If you live in a very remote location (for example our past unit had to send a team to notify in the Philippines) it could take more than 12 hours.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-18-2017 at 02:33 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anybody could gather a handful of mercenary soldiers, pay em plenty of money, dress em up like ISIS, and have them kill some American soldiers.

Good people aren't willing to do that. Why? Because they are good not evil.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Zip, please take this in the spirit it is intended: I have been one of the very few people that think you have a place here to provoke discussion. But I think you have gone too far this time. Obama was at a baseball game in Cuba during the Brussels attack. He took selfies at Mandela's funeral. He was plenty inappropriate. Hillary stood on the tarmac with the Benghazi families and lied.

Dude, you need to get a grip and have a little respect for others. You are sounding way too desperate.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, since nothing at all happened in Benghazi I'd have to ask "What does it matter, anyway?"

Rep. Frederica Wilson Tells “The View”: “President Trump Is A Liar,” Sgt. La David Johnson’s Death Is “His Benghazi”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...a_coverup.html

Team AIPAC: Controversial Rep. Frederica Wilson and Obama (who was embroiled in Benghazi coverup controversy)

On the surface seems like a double standard, she didn't seem to have problem with Obama despite Benghazi but now is trying to manufacture a Benghazi for "liar Trump".

If US media is really free, some employee of media owners should ask her what was her stance on Syria war/Libya operations/ISIS / Trump calling Obama founding father of ISIS/ Benghazi and Benghazi mom who criticized Obama administration as liars.

Good news is that neither side plays politics with lives of troops.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I asked a serious question. you know I have no love for Trump and he is on record saying some seriously stupid stuff, however, do YOU honestly believe the way this is being spun?
    Here's the WH response to it.

I do think the women took the remarks very negatively, whether Trump meant it or not. Besides the grieving wife, the Congresswomen knew the soldier personally and I believe was his principal some years ago. The wife seemed heartbroken over the fact that Trump didn't seem to know the soldier's name and kept calling him "Your guy".

If it is someone extremely dear to you, it's a little hard to forgive seeming nonchalance over their death- even if it wasn't meant to sound that way. Trump is terrible with words & really needs to shut up & stay off Twitter.

And, off topic- the whole killing of these men is under suspicion- seems to be some secretive stuff attached to the tragedy. Time will tell
    There is no spoon.

Reported to mods. You really shouldn't be using that word.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Here's the WH response to it.

I do think the women took the remarks very negatively, whether Trump meant it or not. Besides the grieving wife, the Congresswomen knew the soldier personally and I believe was his principal some years ago. The wife seemed heartbroken over the fact that Trump didn't seem to know the soldier's name and kept calling him "Your guy".

If it is someone extremely dear to you, it's a little hard to forgive seeming nonchalance over their death- even if it wasn't meant to sound that way. Trump is terrible with words & really needs to shut up & stay off Twitter.

And, off topic- the whole killing of these men is under suspicion- seems to be some secretive stuff attached to the tragedy. Time will tell
    Trump is old, old people have memory lapses, the Demoncrats are engaging in Ageism.

They have no charity in their hearts or any respect for the dead, they will politicize anything.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

GOOD GAWD

BREAD AND CIRCUSES

"Trump didn't pretend to care"
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yes- Trump did say this; you can slam on Zip all you want or actually own up to some of Trump's stupid remarks.

Wilson told CNN that she is not trying to prove anything about Trump, and he "evidently is lying, because what I said is true. I have no reason to lie on the president of the United States, with a dead soldier in my community. I have no time. I have no motive."

Wilson said there were other people who heard the speaker phone call, including Mrs. Johnson's aunt, uncle, her own press person, the driver, and the master sergeant making the trip to the airport in Miami.

"We're not trying to, leading up to the funeral of this young man, get into some sort of match with the president of the United States," Wilson told Camerota. "[Trump should be] trying to find out what he could do to make up for what he did say, instead of calling me a liar and calling everyone else in the car a liar. He doesn't even know how to sympathize with people."

Wilson also slammed Trump's decision to tweet an attack on her.

"It's disgraceful for him to even tweet about this, and as I say, this gentleman has a brain disorder and he needs to be checked out," said Wilson.

Trump's tweet came minutes after Wilson was being interviewed on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program, and after she claimed that the president sounded as if he was "almost like joking" when he told the widow of a Green Beret sergeant killed in action in Niger that he "knew what he signed up for."
    Trump says (and even worse, tweets) stupid sh!t all the time. Where is this strawman that needs to "own up" to someone else's stupid remarks?

As far as defending this Congresswoman as being some innocent butterfly, did you get into Dannno's stash? She doesn't have a motive? She doesn't want to make a big deal out of this? Why is she divulging this private conversation to reporters, and going on MSNBC and CNN? And she couldn't possibly be taking things out of context.

She heard exactly what she wanted to hear (and the progressive media wants to report), and no doubt she heard Trump calling to say "too bad this guy got killed, but he's a black guy, so it's not really so bad".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "He knew what he signed up for and the risk it involved. But he did it anyway because he loved his country...
    It seems impossible for the MSM to put any of Trump's quotations in context. + rep for doing their job.

Poor Zippy and Ender. Danke's ruining their fake news fun.
    Last edited by RJB; 10-18-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Division over nothing.

Remember why you are in this thread or why you feel compelled to attack other forum members words over issues listed in the OP. Much of this looks like a YouTube comments section and will continue to drive people away from these forums.

Why get your panties twisted either way? Regardless of the truth in this, the facts are that Trump is the President during a time of unconstitutional wars and is spreading our citizens blood all over foreign land. Why? For the profits and power of the MIC.

So unless he said, "I'm sorry I allowed this to continue under my watch. Please forgive me...." I dont give a flying $#@! if he said 'your guy' 'that guy' signed up for' or anything else for that matter. $#@! him in his ear and $#@! you goobers for caring so damn much, which is what the MSM wants you to do.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No $#@!. I mean really, who are you going to believe, some scrub nobody, or the President of the United States?
    I think I need to point out to you that nearly one quarter of the Marines , Navy and Air Force did not vote . Do you think that is acceptable ?

Hunting Juleswin's Che camp .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think I need to point out to you that nearly one quarter of the Marines , Navy and Air Force did not vote . Do you think that is acceptable ?

Probably made up of lazy Injuns and Hispanics (didn't mean to be redundant). And possibly some foreigners hoping to gain citizenship.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably made up of lazy Injuns and Hispanics. And possibly some foreigners hoping to gain citizenship.
    I always mailed in my absentee ballot from overseas . I even subscribed to my local newspapers weekly addition that I would get two months later . I am a Great Patriot .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump says (and even worse, tweets) stupid sh!t all the time. Where is this strawman that needs to "own up" to someone else's stupid remarks?

As far as defending this Congresswoman as being some innocent butterfly, did you get into Dannno's stash? She doesn't have a motive? She doesn't want to make a big deal out of this? Why is she divulging this private conversation to reporters, and going on MSNBC and CNN? And she couldn't possibly be taking things out of context.

She heard exactly what she wanted to hear (and the progressive media wants to report), and no doubt she heard Trump calling to say "too bad this guy got killed, but he's a black guy, so it's not really so bad".
    Uhhh....I wasn't defending HER- I was saying that Trump needs to STFU. Did you read this post of mine?

There is no spoon.

Probably made up of lazy Injuns and Hispanics (didn't mean to be redundant). And possibly some foreigners hoping to gain citizenship.
    Foreigners usually do not like be referred to as such from my experience . Does not seem like an effective way to bring them into the fold . I have run combat teams with lots of types of people but no lazies .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Foreigners usually do not like be referred to as such from my experience . Does not seem like an effective way to bring them into the fold . I have run combat teams with lots of types of people but no lazies .
    "....but no lazies." Of course. From your perspective.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast