Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trump Told a Soldier’s Widow Her Husband ‘Knew What He Signed Up For,’ His Mother Says

Anybody else sick of the political spinning being done by both sides over tragedies ?
    I know I am. It just makes people sad, frustrated and angry.

And then you have "the empty barrels making the most noise" even on RPF, sad really.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Anybody else sick of the political spinning being done by both sides over tragedies ?
    I've always been sick and tired of the first line, I don't think that Trump really meant it in that matter based on the context, but I don't think there is ever justification for someone to die just because they chose that path in life. If we didn't have fake wars and fake news we wouldn't have to have these fake arguments about military deaths being justified when they are not, not when we haven't declared war, not when we don't give the troops proper training and equipment, not when we are not even supposed to be there.

lol 9 month in and liberals are still going insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    lol 9 month in and liberals are still going insane.

...yes 'the liberal democrats' are truly insane...but don't forget ?your stinking 'conservative republicans'...they're still going insane over hillary and she lost!...talk about stoooooooooooooooooooopid!...

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I know I am. It just makes people sad, frustrated and angry.

And then you have "the empty barrels making the most noise" even on RPF, sad really.
    I am with you. I told my wife the news seems more like the movie Hunger Games than news.

There was a time on RPF where we would question the National Interest in have military operations in Niger and not which party gets the political capital from the dead soldier.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post

There was a time on RPF where we would question the National Interest in have military operations in Niger and not which party gets the political capital from the dead soldier.
    That's the whole problem with liberals. And the media of course. The Trump Derangement Syndrome takes the focus away from policy and puts it on personality. There's (hopefully) no Trump supporters here that think we belong in Niger.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    There was a time on RPF where we would question the National Interest in have military operations in Niger...
    The reason you don't see that is that its all been said before thousands of times here. There is nothing here to argue about on that subject since we are all pretty much in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    So Ron and Rand weren't even halfway decent? Wow.
    Try to keep up. Gary Johnson was the 2016 Libertarian candidate. Total loser, Johnson.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

To The Rebel Poet the coward: Our enemies use big guns and machinery. If they ever decide to bring it here, we would be in big trouble without professional intelligence, training, and weaponry. A defensive military is fully Constitutional and is there to defend liberty. Stop stalking me around the boards if you have nothing helpful to add to a discussion.
    Last edited by euphemia; 10-20-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's the whole problem with liberals. And the media of course. The Trump Derangement Syndrome takes the focus away from policy and puts it on personality.
    Wasn't that the quid pro quo from the beginning?! I mean, that's what Trump elected and that's what got the media their huge ratings! Why look a gift horse in the mouth? Or a cash cow, as the case may be.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Really what TDS is all about is a form of bigotry. Politicians can't stand it that Trump isn't one of them.
    #NashvilleStrong

Moral leadership

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    @Rebel Poet the coward: Our enemies use big guns and machinery. If they ever decide to bring it here, we would be in big trouble without professional intelligence, training, and weaponry. A defensive military is fully Constitutional and is there to defend liberty. Stop stalking me around the boards if you have nothing helpful to add to a discussion.
    I think you meant the neg repper The Rebel Poet. Rebel is another member.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes, I didn't notice how it came out when I posted. I have fixed my post. I really do not mind when people disagree with me. I mind them stalking me around the boards with low value posts and neg reps when they really have not taken time to see the discussion unfold and participate.

Having a dad gone during a lot of my childhood made me wonder why the big shots in Washington can't negotiate a way for people to keep their distinctives and get along. But I also know it is naive to think whatever weapon a private citizen owns will be enough when enemies roll up with heavy duty weapons.
    Last edited by euphemia; 10-20-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

And likely anarchist.

Beware.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

There's (hopefully) no Trump supporters here that think we belong in Niger.

...HELLO!!..apparently ?your republicrat puppet and buffoon, trump, 'thinks we belong in niger'...why wouldn't any of his ridiculous republicrat supporters think we belong in niger?!?

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post

...HELLO!!..apparently ?your republicrat puppet and buffoon, trump, 'thinks we belong in niger'...why wouldn't any of his ridiculous republicrat supporters think we belong in niger?!?
    Hello to you too!

I was referring to Ron Paul Forums. Most of the Trump supporters that were here in 2007/2008 and also 2011/2012 were united on foreign policy. Admittedly I haven't paid much attention but I haven't noticed a surge in interventionists trolls here.

The original point as I saw it was that back in the day the conversation here would not have focused on the alleged slight and would have instead zeroed in on foreign policy. That's true. But that doesn't necessarily mean that people who support Trump have shifted on foreign policy, but simply that some of Ron Paul's supporters settled for less than perfection in their 2016 candidate choice.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Well when David A Clarke thinks you've crossed a wardrobe line you really should take a look at yourself.

He's been a roll lately apparently.

Ron Paul's supporters settled for less than perfection in their 2016 candidate choice.
    And there is the rub. Settling just doesn't settle well with some. So the choice is choose the $#@! sandwich with mayo or the $#@! sandwich with mustard. Guess it depends on whether you like mayo or mustard better.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And there is the rub. Settling just doesn't settle well with some. So the choice is choose the $#@! sandwich with mayo or the $#@! sandwich with mustard. Guess it depends on whether you like mayo or mustard better.
    Sure. I don't understand the Trump support except to the extent that he probably finished Her off politically, and to that extent kept SCOTUS conservative. I hate the left so I'm ok with people who voted for him to stop Her.

You were here in 07 - there were lots of us who jumped on the Obama bandwagon after Paul lost. This is the same thing pretty much. Both candidates promised a change from traditional politics. Obama's biggest strength was Pelosi. The GOP hates Trump though.

Sure. I don't understand the Trump support except to the extent that he probably finished Her off politically, and to that extent kept SCOTUS conservative. I hate the left so I'm ok with people who voted for him to stop Her.

You were here in 07 - there were lots of us who jumped on the Obama bandwagon after Paul lost. This is the same thing pretty much. Both candidates promised a change from traditional politics. Obama's biggest strength was Pelosi. The GOP hates Trump though.
    Umm, I'm not recalling the Obama bandwagon. At all.

Umm, I'm not recalling the Obama bandwagon. At all.
    The vast majority didn't support either candidate, but I seem to recall a few more folks who supported Obama over McCain than McCain over Obama. I was in the "neither" camp but I was sorta leaning toward hoping Obama won just to show conservatives how stupid they were for supporting the war in Iraq.. but I also had a pretty strong feeling Obama wasn't going to do much about it anyway.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The vast majority didn't support either candidate, but I seem to recall a few more folks who supported Obama over McCain than McCain over Obama. I was in the "neither" camp but I was sorta leaning toward hoping Obama won just to show conservatives how stupid they were for supporting the war in Iraq.. but I also had a pretty strong feeling Obama wasn't going to do much about it anyway.
    I honestly don't remember a single member advocating for Obama. Ever.

I honestly don't remember a single member advocating for Obama. Ever.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...bama-or-McCain
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well that certainly was a brawlfest before being consigned to the dustbins. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Does anybody actually believe this $#@!?
    How is this being spun as a negative? Sounds to me like Trump was affirming the soldiers courage and resolve for knowingly committing to dangerous duty.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast