Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul endorses Judge Roy Moore for U.S. Senate

Ten GOP senators are calling for Roy Moore to withdraw from the Alabama Senate race.

Rand hasn't commented yet.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/52-re...l_twitter_abcn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know and care little about Roy Moore and I'm not interested enough to sit through the videos.

What bothers me is that so many people have been so quick to accept the accusations as truth - as if no one would ever tell a vicious lie to knock out a political opponent. Anyone can lie. Do they have access to other information? The timing is what makes me think "smear tactic".

I'll leave it up to Alabamans to use their best judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    Ten GOP senators are calling for Roy Moore to withdraw from the Alabama Senate race.

Rand hasn't commented yet.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/52-re...l_twitter_abcn
    Rand has trouble speaking on more important subjects due to the nature of his injuries:

Paul said there will be a criminal prosecution in this case, and added that he is recovering as expected.
    “I would assume it gets better,” he said, “I’m about 10 to 11 days out. Physically I’m in less pain. I just am still having trouble completing sentences because I have to get enough air to expel so there is a little difficulty going still with breathing.”

http://rare.us/rare-news/across-the-...ng-their-ribs/

When he gets better I would expect him to defend Moore unless some real proof appears, I hope Moore remembers when he is in the Senate.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I know and care little about Roy Moore and I'm not interested enough to sit through the videos.

What bothers me is that so many people have been so quick to accept the accusations as truth - as if no one would ever tell a vicious lie to knock out a political opponent. Anyone can lie. Do they have access to other information? The timing is what makes me think "smear tactic".

I'll leave it up to Alabamans to use their best judgement.
    Victims are often reluctant to talk out of embarrassment, fear of revenge, etc. You often have stories come out of the woodwork at times when there'd be a lot of sympathetic ears. Think about what's happening in Hollywood right now. Someone comes out against Wienstein, then another feels comfortable doing it, then another. And then other people come out against other celebrities. Or think about Clinton when he ran in '92 and all the women that suddenly emerged. It's not that unusual. ...doesn't mean he's guilty, of course, but the timing isn't really as suspicious as it might first appear.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Victims are often reluctant to talk out of embarrassment, fear of revenge, etc. You often have stories come out of the woodwork at times when there'd be a lot of sympathetic ears. Think about what's happening in Hollywood right now. Someone comes out against Wienstein, then another feels comfortable doing it, then another. And then other people come out against other celebrities. Or think about Clinton when he ran in '92 and all the women that suddenly emerged. It's not that unusual. ...doesn't mean he's guilty, of course, but the timing isn't really as suspicious as it might first appear.
    It is really as suspicious as it might first appear, why didn't they come forward when he ran for the state supreme court? Why now? Beating Strange and declared war on McConnell and thereby being targeted for dirty tricks looks like a more compelling case, especially considering the dubious nature of the accusations and those who jumped on the band wagon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is really as suspicious as it might first appear, why didn't they come forward when he ran for the state supreme court?
    How much national press did that election get compared to this one?

Why now?
    See above

Beating Strange and declared war on McConnell and thereby being targeted for dirty tricks looks like a more compelling case, especially considering the dubious nature of the accusations and those who jumped on the band wagon.
    If "they" can just invent sex scandals out of thin error, why didn't they do it to Ron or Rand? They dug up every remotely embarrassing part of the Pauls' pasts and the worst they could come up with was a college prank and a midly racist newsletter that Ron didn't even write, but they never paid any women to lie about them, as you apparently think they're now doing to Moore (surely a lesser threat). Why is that, do you think?

How much national press did that election get compared to this one?
    Fine, why not when he made national news about the 10 commandments monument? or the Q U E E R marriage incident?
    He was even already being demonized in the press during those incidents.

If "they" can just invent sex scandals out of thin error, why didn't they do it to Ron or Rand? They dug up every remotely embarrassing part of the Pauls' pasts and the worst they could come up with was a college prank and a midly racist newsletter that Ron didn't even write, but they never paid any women to lie about them, as you apparently think they're now doing to Moore (surely a lesser threat). Why is that, do you think?
    If they do it too often nobody will believe it, and in this case it yields extra "hypocrisy" outrage because religion is such a big piece of his reputation, also his public snub of McConnell made it personal, bruising the egos of the powerful is dangerous.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Fine, why not when he made national news about the 10 commandments monument? or the Q U E E R marriage incident?
    He was even already being demonized in the press during those incidents.
    Who knows.

Why did Bill Clinton's accusers come out on the particular day they did?

All I'm saying is that the odds of a person's skeletons being unearthed increases as he becomes more prominent.

And once the dam breaks, you often get everything at once.

If they do it too often nobody will believe it, and in this case it yields extra "hypocrisy" outrage because religion is such a big piece of his reputation, also his public snub of McConnell made it personal, bruising the egos of the powerful is dangerous.
    Well, believe what you like.

Why did Bill Clinton's accusers come out on the particular day they did?

Many "came out" a long time ago. Just no press coverage.

and many were in fear for their lives as Hillary has a record to silence detractors.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It is really as suspicious as it might first appear, why didn't they come forward when he ran for the state supreme court? Why now? Beating Strange and declared war on McConnell and thereby being targeted for dirty tricks looks like a more compelling case, especially considering the dubious nature of the accusations and those who jumped on the band wagon.
    There is a much more receptive and supportive environment for women to go public with these things recently than in the past, making them more likely to do so. I think that's pretty obvious. Moore even implicitly admitted that he dated teens in his 30s when he was asked whether he did and responded "not generally".

Quote Originally Posted by cocrehamster View Post
    There is a much more receptive and supportive environment for women to go public with these things recently than in the past, making them more likely to do so. I think that's pretty obvious. Moore even implicitly admitted that he dated teens in his 30s when he was asked whether he did and responded "not generally".
    Where were they during the primary? Or during his 10 commandments and Q u e e r marriage incidents?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Where were they during the primary? Or during his 10 commandments and Q u e e r marriage incidents?
    I would say the current environment I am referring to began with the accusations against Weinstein. People started believing the women, and it has basically snowballed since. All of those events you ask about occurred prior.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would say the current environment I am referring to began with the accusations against Weinstein. People started believing the women, and it has basically snowballed since. All of those events you ask about occurred prior.
    So it is just a coincidence that it happened about a month before the general election? (classic timing for political dirty tricks)

I would sooner believe Weinstein was sacrificed just for the purpose of setting up the attack on Moore, especially considering the poor credibility of the accusations.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Who knows.
    Exactly. I'd like to see the yearbook autograph independently examined. I would think that would go a long way to just ending this. But, of course those that hold the yearbook refuse to release it. That, to me, is telling.

So it is just a coincidence that it happened about a month before the general election? (classic timing for political dirty tricks)

I would sooner believe Weinstein was sacrificed just for the purpose of setting up the attack on Moore, especially considering the poor credibility of the accusations.
    Good to know, I will no longer take your opinions seriously. My bad.

Good to know, I will no longer take your opinions seriously. My bad.
    Just what I thought about you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123