Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump says he's looking 'very, very strongly' at welfare reform

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Can we PUHLEEESE get over the "Hillary would have been worse" $#@!?
    No, that's the whole point, IT IS BETTER TO HAVE SOMEBODY BETTER THAN SOMEBODY WORSE. Sorry, you are $#@!ing wrong as $#@! on this one. Take it to the extreme, to see how wrong you are. Pretend Ron Paul got brain damage and decided that the Federal Govt. should definitely sell hot dogs in front of the White House but didn't change any of his other positions. Is that in the Constitution? No. Should tax payers pay for it? No. But is this "new" Ron Paul a million times better than Lindsey Graham? Hell ya.. So if this new Ron Paul ran against Lindsey Graham, would you vote for him even though he believes in the unconstitutional issue of selling hot dogs in front of the White House?? Of course you would!!

Again, that is an extreme example, but it shows that a better candidate is preferable to a worse candidate.. Like I said, Bush was no better than Obama, who was no better than Kerry or McCain or any of them.. But Trump is BETTER than ALL of them. He is far from perfect, but he is much better, and thus preferable to those other candidates. Demonstrably... I predicted it would be true, now the facts say that is true. None of those other deep state candidates would be playing golf and working with Rand to the extent that Trump is.

You were wrong. Learn to admit it sometime.

And I NEVER agreed that Trump was better in any way than Hilary.
    Well either you are retarded or not paying attention, because Rand is currently ECSTATIC that he passed his EO and is helping make health care more free market.. if you don't think liberty is a good thing, then why the $#@! are you advocating for liberty??
    Last edited by dannno; 10-17-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, that's the whole point, IT IS BETTER TO HAVE SOMEBODY BETTER THAN SOMEBODY WORSE. Sorry, you are $#@!ing wrong as $#@! on this one. Take it to the extreme, to see how wrong you are. Pretend Ron Paul got brain damage and decided that the Federal Govt. should definitely sell hot dogs in front of the White House but didn't change any of his other positions. Is that in the Constitution? No. Should tax payers pay for it? No. But is this "new" Ron Paul a million times better than Lindsey Graham? Hell ya.. So if this new Ron Paul ran against Lindsey Graham, would you vote for him even though he believes in the unconstitutional issue of selling hot dogs in front of the White House?? Of course you would!!

Again, that is an extreme example, but it shows that a better candidate is preferable to a worse candidate.. Like I said, Bush was no better than Obama, who was no better than Kerry or McCain or any of them.. But Trump is BETTER than ALL of them. He is far from perfect, but he is much better, and thus preferable to those other candidates. Demonstrably... I predicted it would be true, now the facts say that is true. None of those other deep state candidates would be playing golf and working with Rand to the extent that Trump is.

You were wrong. Learn to admit it sometime.

Well either you are retarded or not paying attention, because Rand is currently ECSTATIC that he passed his EO and is helping make health care more free market.. if you don't think liberty is a good thing, then why the $#@! are you advocating for liberty??
    Sorry, dannno, but YOU are the full retard here.

Trump is a spoiled brat who is, and always has been, part of the system; he just played Trumpalumpas like a fiddle, so that now everything he does that is destroying even more lives/freedom is hailed with "Oh, Hillary would have been sooo much worse."

LIE.

Hillary would have been obvious but Trump is possibly even more dangerous, as his adoring fans believe his lies and then make excuses for his flip-flops.

Welcome to the Brave New World.
    There is no spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, dannno, but YOU are the full retard here.

Trump is a spoiled brat who is, and always has been, part of the system; he just played Trumpalumpas like a fiddle, so that now everything he does that is destroying even more lives/freedom is hailed with "Oh, Hillary would have been sooo much worse."

LIE.

Hillary would have been obvious but Trump is possibly even more dangerous, as his adoring fans believe his lies and then make excuses for his flip-flops.

Welcome to the Brave New World.
    Your little theory holds no water.. If Trump was part of the system there would be no reason he would be better friends with Rand than, from what I can see, ANYBODY else in DC. In fact it would be the opposite, he would totally ignore him and he certainly wouldn't be passing EOs that the insurance companies oppose..

Can you even name somebody in DC who Trump has called his 'friend'?

You really need to rethink everything, because you have it all wrong. You read too many bull$#@! articles posted by CPUd. I told you they were all lies, and you defended them.. That makes me wanna vomit.. and now you are trying to tell me who is "pro-establishment"??? Really?
    Last edited by dannno; 10-17-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yep.

President Reagan once visited Salt Lake and was astounded by the LDS welfare system- said it was the best in the world. Now .gov has stopped their farming in many parts of the country and is trying to crush that very same welfare system. Heaven forbid that locals should take care of their own.

The gov needs to be taken out of everything.
    I'd rep this more than once if I could....

Reform it? End all government welfare.
    So he wants to reform welfare. Does that include the world's largest welfare queen, Israel? Let's start with ending all foreign welfare (aka foreign aid).
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Your little theory holds no water.. If Trump was part of the system there would be no reason he would be better friends with Rand than, from what I can see, ANYBODY else in DC. In fact it would be the opposite, he would totally ignore him and he certainly wouldn't be passing EOs that the insurance companies oppose..

There's some benefit to this. Hillary wouldn't have given Rand the time of day. I'll admit I'm a bit leery of why Trump is so buddy-buddy with Rand. So long as he has a platform, I hope he'll use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'll admit I'm a bit leery of why Trump is so buddy-buddy with Rand.
    No doubt Randal got good as listening to old people ramble on about random $#@! they thought important and smile the whole time while finding moments to inject his own thoughts and recommendations into the conversation, during his dayjob. Bedside manner, guess he's got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12