Thread: Xavier Becerra (DNC Vice-Chair & California AG) involved in Awan Spying Scandal

Xavier Becerra (DNC Vice-Chair & California AG) involved in Awan Spying Scandal

EXCLUSIVE: DWS IT Guy Was Banned From House After Trying To Hide Secret Server

By Luke Rosiak - September 12, 2017

A secret server is behind law enforcement’s decision to ban a former IT aide to Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz from the House network.

Now-indicted former congressional IT aide Imran Awan allegedly routed data from numerous House Democrats to a secret server. Police grew suspicious and requested a copy of the server early this year, but they were provided with an elaborate falsified image designed to hide the massive violations. The falsified image is what ultimately triggered their ban from the House network Feb. 2, according to a senior House official with direct knowledge of the investigation.

The secret server was connected to the House Democratic Caucus, an organization chaired by then-Rep. Xavier Becerra. Police informed Becerra that the server was the subject of an investigation and requested a copy of it. Authorities considered the false image they received to be interference in a criminal investigation, the senior official said.

Awan had access to all emails and office computer files of 45 members of Congress who are listed below. Fear among members that Awan could release embarrassing information if they cooperated with prosecutors could explain why the Democrats have refused to acknowledge the cybersecurity breach publicly or criticize the suspects.
    Each House member’s data is supposed to be stored on his own server, but Imran moved files to a computer that was only supposed to hold the files of the administrative office of the Democratic Caucus, the senior official said.
    On Jan. 24, 2017, Becerra vacated his congressional seat to become California’s attorney general. “He wanted to wipe his server, and we brought to his attention it was under investigation. The light-off was we asked for an image of the server, and they deliberately turned over a fake server,” the senior official said.
    The executive director of the Democratic Caucus was Sean McCluskie, who was Becerra’s chief of staff and is now chief deputy attorney general of California. McCluskie did not return TheDCNF’s repeated requests for comment.
    Becerra was one of five members who first hired Awan in 2004, his first year on the Hill. Only two of the five — Rep. Gregory Meeks of New York and Becerra — remained in office through 2016, and each of them later put two of Awan’s relatives on their payrolls as well, including his wife Alvi and brother Abid.

When Becerra became chairman of the Democratic Caucus in 2013, that office began paying Alvi $25,000 to $30,000 a year in addition to the payments from Becerra’s personal office, meaning he was responsible for far more of the payments to the Awan family than any other member.
    More: http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org...secret-server/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Caught giving cops a fake server, Xavier Becerra clams up
    By Monica Showalter

California's ... attorney general, Xavier Becerra, has been curiously silent about that fake server he handed over to cops to obstruct their Imran Awan investigation, according to a new report from the Daily Caller.
    Becerra's role is worth noting because he is considered top Democratic talent, a Democratic Party star, with many Democratic leadership positions, including a seat on the House Ways and Means committee, chairmanship of the House Democratic Caucus (now at the center of the Imran Awan secret server scandal) and lately a post as the California state attorney general, where he is leading the state's effort to stop President Trump from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals executive order.
    A fake server? Wouldn't that take some serious planning? How long and how much effort would it take to construct fake server? What kind of information, then, was on the real server, the one former congressional I.T. aide Imran Awan made off with and maybe handed over to hostile intelligence sources for big money? Why would Becerra hand over a fake server in this investigation instead of angrily get to the bottom of what could easily be called a betrayal of the House Democratic Caucus, which Becerra led, by bad actors?

And more to the point, why is he clamming up, even as he stays noisily in the public view?

It just goes to show that corrupt and questionable practices are part of Becerra's makeup. His nominated appointment to the position of President Obama's U.S. Trade Representative was squelched in 2008 after it emerged that Becerra has written a letter urging President Clinton to pardon a cocaine dealer who then shoveled cash into his campaign coffers...
    More: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._clams_up.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Buzz Around Rep. Xavier Becerra Possibly Being Clinton's VP Pick

... Following the closed meeting, which lasted under an hour, California Rep. Xavier Becerra began a press conference saying Secretary Clinton was ready to get to work.

“Man, you are working it hard,” joked Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY), ribbing Becerra over his interest in VP nod, and sparking a round of laughs, according to a Democratic aide.

Becerra has been floated as a possible No. 2 for Clinton, but he said that he was not being vetted "to my knowledge."
    More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/buzz-...ry?id=40040342

Is Rep. Xavier Becerra on Clinton’s VP list?
    by JOHN HOWARD - 05.13.2016

As speculation grows about Hillary Clinton’s choice for a running mate, one name keeps popping up, at least in California – Congressman Xavier Becerra.

Becerra, who was born and raised in Sacramento and worked on the Capitol staff before getting elected to the Assembly, has served for 24 years in his L.A.-area House seat. He is fourth in the House Democratic leadership, the chair of the House Democratic Caucus and the party’s highest ranking Latino.
    More: http://capitolweekly.net/rep-xavier-...ntons-vp-list/

The sound of silence...

Even though the details of this unfolding scandal read more like the script of a badly-written, politically-correct episode of Law and Order than the actions of duly-elected Democrat representatives and their aides, the story has been largely ignored by the mainstream media.

Sean McCluskie, Becerra’s chief of staff during his term in the House, is now the chief deputy attorney general of California. He was also the executive director of the Democratic Caucus during the security breach. Becerra is responsible for making more payments to the Awan family than any other House member.

For his part, Becerra has remained strangely silent on the breach — and in spite of the Democrats’ obsession with alleged hacking by the Russians, so have all of his party colleagues.
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/...a-in-hot-seat/

They can have Becerra on Fox News and not ask a single question about his Awan scandal involvement...such investigative journalism!

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/922542529752465414

It's hard to get the machine to eat itself.
    Don't stop tweeting Brian.

California Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra wants court to halt Trump's plans to end DACA
    Nov. 1, 2017

California Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra is upping the pressure in the state’s lawsuit challenging President Trump’s plans to end a program that protects young immigrants from deportation.

Becerra on Wednesday filed a motion in federal court in San Francisco, seeking a preliminary injunction that aims to put a hold on Trump’s efforts to eliminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA.

"Our Dreamers deserve to know that we respect their values and grit," Becerra said in a news release. "And they deserve to know that we will fight at every turn for their rights and opportunities so they may continue to contribute to America."

In September, Trump announced that he was ending the program, which prevents the deportation of around 800,000 people brought to the United States illegally as children. Trump has said he’s willing to spare the program as part of larger conversations about border security and funding for his long-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Becerra filed his lawsuit shortly after Trump’s decision, saying that it violates the due process clause in the 5th Amendment to the Constitution by potentially using personal information that program recipients provided to the government in the deportation process.

A hearing on Becerra's motion, which was joined by the attorneys general for Maine, Maryland and Minnesota as well as the University of California, is scheduled for Dec. 20.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Xavier Becerra's checkered past activities should be added to the threads about his threatening local citizens who dare to cooperate with federal immigration law enforcement officers.

JWK

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bump
    BOOM! Top Democrat Becerra Is Caught Giving Cops a Fake Server on Imran Awan Scandal
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-awan-scandal/

California AG Xavier Becerra Tried To Block Server Admin Over Red Flags, But Logins Continued, With Muted Reaction. NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE THAT OUR CONGRESS WAS HACKED, but instead the whole LEFT is Whining about Fact-free Spectres of a DNC hack
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/11/be...uted-reaction/

California’s Attorney General Xavier Becerra And The Awan Scandal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ETstBKIFc

Awan Brothers Cover Up: Caliornia AG Xavier BECERRA Refused To Give Police Awan Brothers Server...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6FLSerAWaM

Under rug swept...